1997-2006 Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator Discussion

Had the TSB done to correct the Reverse Mirror problems; but still having trouble.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 12:42 PM
khelms_98
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had the TSB done to correct the Reverse Mirror problems; but still having trouble.

Last week I had the TSB performed that corrected the reverse mirror problems; they would go crazy when I would unlock it with the fob sometimes and then wouldn't work, or wouldn't go back to pre-reverse position after tilting downward. This was all before the TSB was done, now that the TSB had been performed, the craziness of the mirrors when I unlock with the fob is gone, and so is the popping and grinding of the mirrors when going back to pre-reverse postion, however, now, sometimes the mirrors will only move a tiny bit, not nearly as much as before. So the tilting down doesn't even help that much. The technician replaced the memory module which corrected the memory problems with the mirrors but I read somewhere that the mirror motors need to be replaced in order for them to work correctly with the new memory module, because the gears in the motors were stipped because of all the popping and grinding that they did before. Should I take it back and request that the mirror motors be replaced since the reverse mirror function still isn't working properly? What do you guys think, especially those that have had this problem before?

Old 10-12-2004, 01:38 PM
breslijo
Junior User
Did you reprogram the the 2 saved user settings?

If you are in your car, in Park, and press 1, do the mirrors and driver seat go where you want? If not, adjust the mirrors, Save it to Set 1.

Once that works, when you unlock with the key fob, do the mirrors move to setting 1? If not, you need to rematch your fob to Set 1 as decribed in the Manual.

Old 10-12-2004, 04:30 PM
khelms_98
Senior User
Thanks for your reply and yes, I reprogramed everything. When I got into the truck at the dealership, I noticed that all my settings had been erased so I adjusted my seat, mirrors, and pedals, then pressed set, then pressed unlock on the fob, then I pressed one. So everything is set like it is supposed to be, but when I go in reverse, sometimes the mirrors tilt down and back up perfectly, but other times they only go down a hair. By the way, in the driver's mirror, I'm not sure about the passengers's, but in the driver's mirror, when I try to adjust it, I hear the motor run for a sec, then the mirror begins to move, but it's very jumpy and doesn't move smoothly. The new memory module did fix the problem with the mirrors going crazy when I unlocked the vehicle with the fob, so that is fixed, but the other is still not quite right. I guess that's why the late model '04s and new '05s don't even have reverse tilt mirrors at all. What are your thoughts?