2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordering a MicroTuner in Canada

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 06:49 PM
BigB
Cross-Country

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Ordering a MicroTuner in Canada

I recently had a local shop install a magnaflow duel out system for me and I'm so happy with the results I've got the bug to try a few more things. I drive a Blk Fx4 scab and love the truck - 17000km (aprox 10k miles) and no complaints. I had the cpu reflashed based on advice I picked up from this sight and the trucks been great!
I'd like to compliment my new exhaust note with a little more punch and I'm thinking about a micro tuner (any advice\reviews welcome) I'd love to support sponsors of this web site by ordering online but I've been hurt by high shipping / duty cost before. I know there are other Canadians on this board, what experiences have folks had ordering from companies like MotorHaven and shipping to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region><st1lace>Canada?</st1lace></st1:country-region>

Old 10-13-2004, 06:59 PM
BlueFX4Flare
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm curious to know as well.

Where did you get the exhaust done? and how much?

Old 10-13-2004, 07:10 PM
Powerage
New User
Why don't you just find a local performance shop? I found one in saskatchewan that sold me a tuner for 400.00 candian dollars. I'm sure you could find a couple over in ontario. Just a thought.

Old 10-13-2004, 07:16 PM
BlueFX4Flare
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Powerage
Why don't you just find a local performance shop? I found one in saskatchewan that sold me a tuner for 400.00 candian dollars. I'm sure you could find a couple over in ontario. Just a thought.
Because some so called "performance shops" price gouge like a ****!

As a rule of thumb you would check the american price on the net, double it and thats what it would cost here in canadian dollars. Well thats my experiences.

So I would like to know as well if anyone has had good experiences ordering from an american retailer, or other canadian retailers with good prices, unlike these get rich quick *******s we have in our province.

Old 10-13-2004, 09:06 PM
BigB
Cross-Country

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BlueFX4Flare
I'm curious to know as well.

Where did you get the exhaust done? and how much?
Custom Exhaust & Brake on Simcoe St. in Oshawa. $648.oo including MagnaFlow single in - two out, 14 gague tubing nicely bent to fit, sharp 3 1/2 inch stainless tips (18 inches long), installation, an oil change and all our taxes...

B