model A ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 09:18 PM
dots
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
model A ???

hey all, I have just aquired what was one of my great grandfathers pieces...

its a complete frame springs axles less motor and transmission model A or T frame.

my question is do any of you know how to identify what it is or close to what year it is? it looks like it had wood spoke wheels examining the hubs.

the grease caps say ford made in usa. the rear axle has WL and some other casting numbers or letters and is bolted togather in two pieces around the center of the carrier area. the springs go across ways over the axles. the two cross members are like thick flatstock twisted to match where they nede to go. I am not sure this was a truck but I am geussing it was because the frame rails are straight (no dips up or down) and is aproxamatly 9' long. any of you guys into the real old timers think you might know what it was? It also has a hole through the front crossmember for the crankstart. I know this is all vauge information but I just broght it home and am very excited!. any help will be much apreciated.

Old 10-12-2004, 09:17 AM
dots
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well I think I figured out that its a "T" it has six bolts holding the wheels on, no front bumper or frame extending in front of the front axle crosmember and thats about all I can go by that I know of by looking at pictures on the internet. thanks for helping. it feels somewhat wierd answering myself but I geuss I found my answer, sortof.

also will a model "A" body fit on a "T" frame? or are they too different?