Where's everyone from?? - Introduce yourself. - Page 28 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > International Region
Reload this Page >

Where's everyone from?? - Introduce yourself.

Notices
International Region Australia

Where's everyone from?? - Introduce yourself.

Old 01-21-2012, 06:04 AM
michaloco
European Enthusiast
michaloco has a very good reputation on FTE.michaloco has a very good reputation on FTE.michaloco has a very good reputation on FTE.
welcome to all the new guys around here

Old 12-13-2012, 01:14 PM
Mark_be
Junior User
Mark_be is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hello,

I'm from Belgium and I live close to Bruges. Well, in US/CAD standards that is anyway.

I drive a 2001 F350 7.3 powerstroke diesel since 2011 and had lots of "challenges" since it arrived over here. Among them: bad starter, bad batteries, sabotaged drivers side power window, sabotaged exhaust back pressure valve, sabotaged injector pressure regulator valve, sabotaged glow plug relay/air intake heater (know that since today), under valve cover harness disconnected on its own on the hi-way about a month ago, leaking waterpump, etc. That's what you get if you buy from Ebay...

I imported the truck myself, but let somebody else do the paperwork because you can't afford to make a mistake in this procedure, because the government searches for them because they don't like these trucks around here and it's getting worse and worse to do it. Why I did it anyway: I wanted to have a truck camper and that's almost impossible with European pick-ups. You can do it with a European pick-up, but you would have to like speleology to like European "truck" campers.

To lower transport costs, I imported the camper at the same time and I simply LOVE it!! Well, if the truck runs anyway.

That's about it.

Greets,
Mark

Old 12-13-2012, 02:02 PM
Encho
The Southernmost Mod
Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.
Welcome to FTE Mark! you just got me curious, what do you mean by sabotaged??? someone messed with your truck? why?!.

Old 12-13-2012, 03:21 PM
Mark_be
Junior User
Mark_be is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well, let me start with that the truck got repossessed from the last owner that wasn't a dealer.

The truck had several problems when it arrived here.

1. The first thing we noticed was that the exhaust back pressure valve actuator was removed from the actual valve. Every time the truck starts when it's warm enough, the actuator goes front and back to prevent the valve to get stuck because otherwise it's only being used in wintertime. Because the actuator is unlocked from the valve, it pushed the valve closed, but when the actuator retracted again, the valve kept closed and it was almost impossible to drive because the exhaust was blocked up almost completely by that valve. That alone COULD have happened by accident, but it's very unlikely because there's a pin that secures the connection between the two. And it's almost impossible to reach.

2. We had the truck checked for several of problems which can be seen right away, like the drivers side window that didn't work. Apparently there was a relay MISSING. My idea is that if you have a bad relay, you just leave it there, or you replace it, but you don't just remove it. Still no strange feelings to me at that time.

3. At the IPR valve there is a magnetic electric part that's bolted on, but that was removed and was hanging loose. At that moment I started to add some things together, given the knowledge that it has been repossessed.

4. Discovered this today: the glow plug and air intake heater wiring was switched, so the glow plugs only work AFTER the engine is running. In other words: if it's cold, you're not going to start it at all.

5. Whatever I forgot to mention.

In my idea the owner of that time must have seen the repo guy coming and didn't want to give them a good truck, so did some things to it. That's what I make of it anyway. Maybe I'm just getting paranoid.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:03 PM
Encho
The Southernmost Mod
Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.
Sounds more like a hack than sabotage, but who knows... anyway, greetings from Venezuela .

Old 11-28-2013, 07:05 AM
77&79F250
Used OEM parts guy
77&79F250 has a spectacular reputation.77&79F250 has a spectacular reputation.77&79F250 has a spectacular reputation.77&79F250 has a spectacular reputation.77&79F250 has a spectacular reputation.77&79F250 has a spectacular reputation.77&79F250 has a spectacular reputation.77&79F250 has a spectacular reputation.77&79F250 has a spectacular reputation.77&79F250 has a spectacular reputation.77&79F250 has a spectacular reputation.
Working in Russia for the next few months, without my Fords, so I thought I would say hello.

Have not seen any old or full size Ford truck around here, I did see what looked like a 4x4 2000 ish Ford Ranger crewcab.

Could not get a pic, maybe next time we are out that way.

Old 11-28-2013, 03:51 PM
Encho
The Southernmost Mod
Well, welcome to this side of the site .

Old 09-06-2014, 08:37 PM
southern-old-bold
Senior User
southern-old-bold is starting off with a positive reputation.
Kiwi Newbie

Hi all, have recently acquired '84 (83 elsewhere) Australian assembled right hook f100 with 6.9NA/c6/3.55. No problems as yet (1 week) 1200 mile drive home in New Zealand. We went on a circular route. Getting to know the vehicle, one small problem with power steering pipe connection to pump coming adrift mid trip. Temporary fix, retained with metal strips and double hose clips , and a dot of weld. Proper fix will be to tig weld a hydraulic fitting into the pipe allowing removal when necessary and to firm up the joint where the circlip popped from by welding.. (How did this ever hold under pressure?). Very pleased with the truck so far, intend towing 6000 lb boat after setting up and changing out the bed to flatbed. Running through all the issues as described in the posts for pre powerstroke engines, many are very helpful. Investigated sca locally Fleetguard DCA4 available here, same as motorcraft product? and will change out oil soon. PO has done an effective mod with turbo timer through relay controlling glowplug use, they can be timed to off or 10 secondsa easily. Some rust to beat,. have a good guy for that.
We appear to have a few members here, but no real group or chapter, unless you guys took it over!!

Old 01-22-2015, 07:31 AM
Qld G
Freshman User
Qld G is starting off with a positive reputation.
Qld Australia

Hi from Australia. New owner of a long sought after 1990 F150 XLT LWB 4x4.
Spent along time trying to find one and am now trying to work out if it is what it says it is and how I can get and keep it how I'd like it. Hope to catch yas around
And look forward to reading more from you all. Cheers G

Old 01-27-2015, 05:26 PM
BigF350
Post Fiend
BigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputation
Come join us in the Aussie chapter:

Australia Chapter - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Old 03-02-2015, 01:18 PM
clintusaf
Elder User
clintusaf is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Just moved to Germany(spangdahlem area) from Louisiana. Brought my 2002 F350 7.3L 4x4 with me.

Old 05-13-2016, 04:39 PM
Jethrone
New User
Jethrone is starting off with a positive reputation.
Spanish Hello

Seems a little quiet here, but wanted to say hello from Spain! It's been quite an adventure here with a 2015 F350, but the tapas and nice weather help a little!

Old 02-28-2018, 08:48 AM
vladsb
New User
vladsb is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hello everyone! I want to introduce myself, my name is Vlad, I live in Sevastopol, the Crimean Peninsula. earlier that territory belonged to Ukraine, now it is Russia.(from me, this factor is not affected in any way). Since my childhood I have been fond of American cars and all my life went and ride only on American cars. currently I have a FORD Explorer 4 generation in 2007 with a 4.6 motor, I got a FORD Ranger 2006 model year, and I recently acquired a FORD Econoline e -350 with a 7.3 powerstroke.for me, this is new, because before I rarely had to deal with diesel engines. in advance am asking apology for my ENGLISH, so as my native language the other!

Old 07-20-2018, 11:44 PM
stropp
New User
stropp is starting off with a positive reputation.

Stropp the name, I’m from perth Western Australia I have a 2002 f250 dual cab 7.3