International Region Australia

Where's everyone from?? - Introduce yourself.

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 01:45 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by alex-speedpoint
<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d1d1e1; COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1 itxtvisited="1"><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_start --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_start -->Hi !

Another newbie from Germany. My name is Alex, im located in south Germany, near Nürnberg. Im 39 years old and a bike and us car fanatic.
My hobby is my job, i own a motorcycle and us car restoration shop. My cars are: 69 Cougar XR 7, 68 Mercury Cyclone ( currently under full resto ),04 Dodge Ram Hemi, and my newest Truck is a orange,79 Ford F250 4x4 Ranger, i bought my newest toy last week in Oregon. It will be shipped to Germany in January, older than 30 years we have to pay only 6 % tax by importing cars via Netherland or Belgium to Germany.

Alex

<!-- / message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig -->
<!-- controls -->
Wilkommen til FTE!

I like your page - it loads fairly quick... Maybe if I go there a few times I can learn or remember enough Deutch to seem a little less ignorant when I attempt to speak it...

How is it that bikes the whole world passed over in favor of Japanese motorcycles are so popular in germany? Is it because we can do whatever we want to to them and not worry too much about screwing up something important? (V-twins)

Someone I knew who had been building Harley Davidsons for 40 years (But nothing made after 1959) once explained to me that they were "Tractors designed to go 85 Miles per Hour all day long". I often wondered about that.

Or is classic retro-styling and basics a common theme everywhere

Dunno...

Old stuff fascinates me, also old fashioned styled stuff. It doesn't hurt at all if it has more horsepower than it should...

That Cougar is light enough to be very fast with the right engine. After 1970 the cougar and Torino's got way too big in the body to do much but spin tires, I had a 1973 Gran Torino that was a good source for an engine but was a FAT LADY on the street (it had a 351 4V in it)

I wish I had gotten pictures of it, it was so much fun to rumble up the pacific coast highway in california with it at the time

I'm curious: HOW FAST can you go on your roads?

Old 12-01-2009, 02:41 PM
alex-speedpoint
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Cougar R.I.P. a big Truck kissed him frontal. The frame is drawn, so i get everything out of this beauty whose worth to store.The Cougar had a stroked 351 W to 408 . with real 470 PS ( Horsepower ) . When my other project the Cylone is done i will look for a 69 shell to build a new one.

How fast, as fast as you can. Officially no limits on highways but often limits because of sites or noise.

My newest toy is a F250, i bought last week in Oregon, a really survivor , very well kept. She will arrive in January 2010.

Japanese cycles, are solid, not very expensive and a good basis for building a fast and furious STREETFIGHTER. Once you crashed a Racebike put all that plastic in garbage on go ahead with a unikate.

Alex

Old 12-22-2009, 02:12 AM
alex-speedpoint
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Priya
Hello everyone, I am Priya from India. I joined the forum today so thought of starting from here. I hope to have good time with you all.
Greetz from Germany to India , what is your RIDE !?

Alex

Old 01-14-2010, 12:46 PM
michaloco
European Enthusiast
hi out there. thanks for taking me into the chapter. my name is michael and i'm from kolding, denmark. i currently own a 10/1996 (model year 1997) f350 crew cab drw 7,3 psd. it's my first ford after a couple of chevy vans and firebird. i'm working as a truck an trailer mech in a little company.

here's my pride

Old 01-14-2010, 01:22 PM
FORD RANGER
Post Fiend
hi michael,
and welcome to FTE.

Old 01-14-2010, 01:38 PM
michaloco
European Enthusiast
thanks for welcome jack! it's a huge bunch of information here for a ford truck owner. i've already learnt a lot, but it's still a long way to go

Old 01-14-2010, 02:14 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Michael, that is a very nice truck!
I would shudder to think what the tax on it is in Denmark though!

Old 01-14-2010, 02:56 PM
FORD RANGER
Post Fiend
your welcome michael. that is a nice rig. were all equal here and we do help others out.
i myself am a diesel tech,and have worked on the big rigs,trailers, pickups, cars,etc.
due to the economy i'm currently unemployed,but i have been doing some freelance work
but its been really slow going.
and feel free to check out some our BS threads they're fun. and again welcome.and there is alot of info here.

Old 01-15-2010, 06:28 AM
SGnAZ
Posting Guru
Welcome Michael.
Nice truck

Old 01-15-2010, 01:58 PM
michaloco
European Enthusiast
Originally Posted by IB Adrian
Michael, that is a very nice truck!
I would shudder to think what the tax on it is in Denmark though!
thanks adrian.
the tax, called "registreringsafgift" should be payed before you become your license plates and should be payed once. it's about 30.000 danish crowns/6000 bucks there after "may" you pay 25 % VAT. and last but not least once in a year the road tax, i don't know the amount now, because my truck has actually german plates. it's less expensive....

Originally Posted by SGnAZ
Welcome Michael.
Nice truck
thanks. i feel myself almost at home here. i'm reading and reading and..... i've a lot to learn and i think that i have found the best resource.

Old 01-15-2010, 02:10 PM
michaloco
European Enthusiast
Originally Posted by FORD RANGER
your welcome michael. that is a nice rig. were all equal here and we do help others out.
i myself am a diesel tech,and have worked on the big rigs,trailers, pickups, cars,etc.
due to the economy i'm currently unemployed,but i have been doing some freelance work
but its been really slow going.
and feel free to check out some our BS threads they're fun. and again welcome.and there is alot of info here.
thanks again jack.
i have seen the truck and was fallen in love right away. it was a dream for over 10 years to own a ford truck and now finally this beauty is mine
it should be better a day with economy, i hope that you find a new employment soon. here in denmark we see already a light at the end of the tunnel, hopefully it's not a train...

Old 01-15-2010, 02:49 PM
FORD RANGER
Post Fiend
yeah really,
i've applied just about everywhere and nothing. so i'm just going to freelance until things come back around. but here in oregon theres nothing. my wife is a school bus driver for the county,but their not hiring either.
anyway feel free to visit some of the BS threads if you get the chance. sometimes we get guys that ask us stuff and they usually get an answer.

Old 03-24-2010, 02:37 AM
Russian
New User
Moscow, Russia

Hi, my name is Sasha, we are from Moscow, Russia, An we have some Broncos )) Bronco ll.
Had problems with em, (the main probl. - parts ) but still proud of them and that we understand the American car

No lift, just 31" wheels. The cars in its original form but already rusting.

B2 owners

Old 03-29-2010, 10:12 PM
Encho
The Southernmost Mod
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Welcome Russian, first off, try to get rid of the rust, specially in the tailgate and in the rear wheel wells (where the rear wheels are, check the top, it might have rust). Then you can get to the "parts" issue, if you need enough parts, you might consider purchasing them overseas, and having them sent by ship to you, in a consolidated container (basically a container shared by several users).

Old 04-05-2010, 05:00 PM
Russian
New User
thanx a lot)

Quick Reply: Where's everyone from?? - Introduce yourself.