International Region Australia

Where's everyone from?? - Introduce yourself.

Old 06-01-2009, 03:16 AM
Para045
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FORD RANGER
ben that is nice! really nice! you have a ranchero! but that is nice! good job!
and your welcome! what more can i say! thats cool!!
It's NOT a Ranchero it's a XC Falcon (1976-1979) from the look of it

Old 06-01-2009, 03:40 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by patagoniaYblock
Yes greywolf ,I realy enjoy be your friend ,now I try stand the sistem to acepted ,please ,have patience with me ,very thanks.
If you ever need to use words you cannot find, there are translators we can use. Don't worry, because if we try, we can all understand eachother. BABELFISH seems not to be working well, but there are many.

Also many who try to learn other languages...

Es problemas, but we try!

When we look at the stars at night and realise they are all solar systems - but we have heard from no one else out there. We should cherish all people on earth.

We may be all that there is....

Old 06-01-2009, 04:08 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by FMC351
Thanks for the warm welcome Jack.

I have been hanging about in the 6.8l V1 forum, I have lots of questions and am finding from a ton of forums I am part of this is one of the best for info and people thta are keen to help.

Just for a laugh, here are a couple of pics of my ute, you say you love the Mad Max coupe, mine is the ute body of the same model, I used to have a coupe but had to sell it half way though the build when I moved across the country.

I think I might raise a Projects Thread so I can share with the rest of you
Now that IS very sweet (and highly purple I might add!) there is a guy down the road from me here in Memphis TN USA that has brought two Falcons over - and ships all the hot-rod parts he can bag back to Australia.

Truck (lorry) driving fella - great people!

I thought looking at the Falcon UTE's that they were 1/4 ton trucks, but when I saw what he brought over here I was stunned!

I had no idea they were that big....

What I'm looking to do is build something like the shape of the new Falcon ute's, but in a quarter ton with still a V-8 engine behind it. The bigger the better. My notion has been to mate a late model mustang front clip to a Ranger or Explorer body and frame.

I'm stalled at this point because of money concerns.

Oops, oh well...

There is a huge fan-following right now over here of very small trucks with big engines. The right way to do it is probably with three rotor COSMO engines, but americans hardly know about them.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:29 AM
FMC351
Freshman User
Hi Grey Wolf,

if you like the idea of a light rear wheel drive truck with all the mod cons of a late model technologies, I think I can say Australia is a leader of design.

They have been produced here by the big three since the 50's.

Some of the later model Ford utes here would include the following models (google images should see you with a good look!)

AU Falcon ended in the early 2000's, V8 option was an injected 302 Windsor (yes the ones you guys stopped using a long time ago) These were also avalainle in a stroker 5.6l version.

Then was the BA Falson, this was Australia's first taste of the modular V8. The 4.6 is not released here, all are Cammer 5.4l's

The following model was the BF Falcon, same engine package but were also avalaable with the ZF six speed automatic, one of my personal favourites in the latter models.

This year (or late last year's) release is the FG Falcon, this is the latest and greatest from the Ford stable, also sporting a Cammer engine if you choose the V8 fornt.

Al these are available in V8 or I6 (4l) and there is also a 4l Turbo version.

The sports model are known as XR's, XR8 (V8) XR6 (N/A 4l I6) and the XR6T (turbo I6 4l), then there are the super sports version aswell released by FPV (Ford Performance Vehicles), the XR6T utes are called Tornadoes and the XR6T sedans are called Typhoons, then there is the V8 version called the Super Pursuit.

Nice range, but worth a pretty penny

All are avaialbe as cab chassis, so you can option a well body tray or a "tonner" flat tray.

I have not intention of poaching members, but if you would like to see a wide variety of what we have tyr this link, there are pics and write ups, free to view and international members are welcome.

proUTES Ute of the Month - Team proUTES ~ Street, Show & Go ~

Sorry if posting other forums is perhibited but it has a wide variety of pctures and write up of Australian models, from Holden, Ford and even a couple of Valients.

Cheers Ben

Old 06-01-2009, 03:58 PM
FORD RANGER
Post Fiend
hi ben,
that sure is a really nice rig!
and your welcome anytime! i like the body style!i think they look soo cool!
and cheers to you! bud! come visit.

Old 06-08-2009, 01:16 PM
Halvar
New User
I'm back
Due to the problems with the '03 Explorer (see post #329) I have now a '06 Ford Explorer XLT 4.6 4WD directly imported from Florida to Germany and nothings wrong with the mileage.
Here are some pictures

I have the following options:
  • 17" Machined-Aluminum Wheel with 245/65SR17 OWL
  • Running boards
  • Power adjustable pedals
  • Leather front and rear seat upholstery
  • 3rd-row 50/50 split fold-flat bench seat (manual)
  • Audiophile® Sound System with AM/FM stereo/6-disc in-dash CD changer with MP3 capability, subwoofer and 290 watts
  • Auxiliary rear climate control
Greetings from over the pond
Michael

Old 07-22-2009, 08:13 AM
fightingfalcon839
New User
G'day guys,

New to the site and first post. I'm Steve and am from Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia. I must say, great site - have found some fantastic and informative stuff already.

I have two rides at the moment, first up is a 1980 F-100 Custom Ambulance (351) that started life in the southern states of Australia before coming up and working at the PEKO mine. It finished its service life as a meat wagon about 7 years ago. It is affectionately know as the 'Funk Patrol'

My second beast and very recently aquired is a 1975 F-250 Dually XLT (302) with a Custom Drop Side Tray (approx 10ft x 7ft) and extremly heavy duty tow hitch. It can pull 40ft fully loaded trailers with ease. This one I'm currently cleaning up and restoring the little things that are needed, to make my main truck.

Looking forward to getting in touch with other effy owners and learning heaps.

Cheers
Steve 'O'

Old 10-29-2009, 01:04 AM
Panski
New User
Greetings from Jakarta, Indonesia

Hi, newbie to d site, from Jakarta, Indonesia..Just bought a 1970 F100 for my first project. Not many classic American trucks around the country, more Chevys than Fords...Looking forward to be in the company of enthusiasts

Old 11-03-2009, 07:53 AM
SGnAZ
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Panski
Hi, newbie to d site, from Jakarta, Indonesia..Just bought a 1970 F100 for my first project. Not many classic American trucks around the country, more Chevys than Fords...Looking forward to be in the company of enthusiasts
Welcome to FTE from Arizona

Old 11-03-2009, 12:49 PM
FORD RANGER
Post Fiend
i live in oregon but i'm from omaha,ne.

Old 11-12-2009, 04:58 PM
FORD RANGER
Post Fiend
and how is everyone today?

Old 11-12-2009, 09:39 PM
SGnAZ
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by FORD RANGER
and how is everyone today?
Fantastic

Old 11-22-2009, 07:54 AM
alex-speedpoint
Freshman User
German newbie

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1 itxtvisited="1"> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_start --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_start -->Hi !

Another newbie from Germany. My name is Alex, im located in south Germany, near Nürnberg. Im 39 years old and a bike and us car fanatic.
My hobby is my job, i own a motorcycle and us car restoration shop. My cars are: 69 Cougar XR 7, 68 Mercury Cyclone ( currently under full resto ),04 Dodge Ram Hemi, and my newest Truck is a orange,79 Ford F250 4x4 Ranger, i bought my newest toy last week in Oregon. It will be shipped to Germany in January, older than 30 years we have to pay only 6 % tax by importing cars via Netherland or Belgium to Germany.

Alex
<!-- / message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig -->
<!-- controls -->

Old 11-22-2009, 02:31 PM
FORD RANGER
Post Fiend
howdy alex
and welcome to the forum

Old 11-23-2009, 05:43 AM
SGnAZ
Posting Guru
Welcome Alex

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Where's everyone from?? - Introduce yourself.