Computer Chips & Tuners  

'03 ranger 3.0 needs get up and go!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 04:14 PM
shortjr
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile '03 ranger 3.0 needs get up and go!

Ok, I've read most of the messages in the posting but havent seen many, if any that refer to my truck. Probably cause its whimpy. Ken I hope you can help.. I've got a '03 ranger edge, 2wd, 3.0 v6, automatic. Everything is stock right now( tire size, exhaust, etc.). I carry extra wieght in terms of a lumber rack and additional tool boxes. I pull a 5-7 percent grade at the end of each day for about 10 miles. this is an excrutiating time for me watching all the other trucks fly by. I am installing an aftermarket exhaust system from the cat back to the rear and a k&n or similar air intake system. I have read the diablo delta chip info and the tuner info.. I like the option of having the future available custom tune in the chip in the event I get a wild hair.. and the "on the fly" capabilities of the chip. In your opinion what would the better option be for my set up? is there any other products that fit my needs to help increase power/torque while pulling the hill?.

Thanks in advance,
Ray

Old 10-04-2004, 11:30 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
The Diablo Delta chip will certainly do the job. We use a 3.0 Ranger for the company truck and its been chipped for a long time. I've done countless Rangers and they do very well with a chip because they are so light (2.3L doesn't do quite so well because the power to weight ratio stinks). The biggest thing to watch for with a Ranger is using a good quality gas. These trucks are subject to pinging even with stock tuning and 87 octane.

Old 10-05-2004, 01:15 AM
shortjr
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up ..Gitty up lil' pony...

Ken,
I appreciate the quick response. glad to have you for q & a before buying the product. I'll post again after I install the chip, intake and exhaust so others with the 3.0 ranger can follow the results.
If your research should bring you to Maui HI. I'd be happy to show you around and buy you a cold beverage, whatever that may be.
Ray

Old 10-06-2004, 10:06 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
One of these days the wife and I would like to visit the islands.... but I have to visit my mother's birth place first: the Seychelles islands. I appreciate the offer.