Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

Monster Nats.

Old 01-01-2005, 10:00 PM
robtinalimon
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Monster Nats.

Did y'all know that the Monster Nationals were going to be at the CSU Convocation Center, on the 15th?
My family and I are planning to go.

Old 01-04-2005, 02:30 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Wink

Do you have a link for this? i'd like to get some more info on it. Thanks for posting it.

Old 01-04-2005, 03:51 PM
robtinalimon
Senior User
It was advertised in the Plain Daily and is in the CSU website www.theconvo.com.

Old 01-16-2005, 05:33 AM
first time 4x4
Senior User
I went to the Monster Nationals in Cleveland with my 7 year old daughter. It was nice to see a Ford (Big Dawg) take out a Dodge (Rammunition) in the finals. There was some great freestyle action from a Dodge and a Chevy. Bigfoot was tearing it up on freestyle till he went the wrong way and officials cut his engine. Thats ok though cause Bigfoot won the wheelstand competition. So the final score was Ford 2, Chevy 1 and Dodge 0. The freestyle bikes were great to. I Let my daughter take a camera and she got some great pics. If you liked this show don't forget that Monster Jam comes to Gund next month. All I will hear then is my duaghter cheering for that old Chevy, Gravedigger. Hope there is a ford there to take him out.

************************If you are interested I put a couple of pictures in my gallery from the show.*************************

Last edited by first time 4x4; 01-16-2005 at 06:06 AM.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:26 AM
robtinalimon
Senior User
We went, as well. The first half hour was boring. Too much talking, by the announcer. It reminded me of the monster truck competition at the Pepsi center, small. But, at least they had dirt. There wasn't that many people there, at CSU. Anywho, the kids left happy and we blew around 100 bucks, there. We'll see you at the Gund. I hear that one is alot better.

Old 01-16-2005, 08:24 AM
first time 4x4
Senior User
Yeah, at the Gund they put down dirt. That makes a big difference. Also gets a lot more people. It was all fun anyways.

Old 01-16-2005, 11:14 AM
RUNVS
FTE Chapter Leader
Hey guys, we were there as well, my son Jake and I (some of you met him at the Bob Evans meet).

I knew going in that it was a small show but didn't mind so much because we get a pair of comp tickets from Doug Noelke (driver of Big Dawg). I heard it was no dirt, but I had to see it to believe it.

I thought the crowd was actually kinda lame, at least when it came to cheering for their favorite make of vehicle or their favorite driver. We were screaming like crazy because our favorite driver drives a Ford!

I recommend going to the Lima or Canfield 4x4 Jamboree this summer because all of those trucks (and a few more) are there and it's at a fairgrounds on the infield. A LOT more LONG wheel stands and way bigger jumps because of all the room they have!! We went to Canfield in 2004 and it was a cool show.

Maybe we could even plan some small get togethers at those events!!

I agreed w/the one freestyle rider complaining about the ground being concrete w/no dirt - no room for error, just watch any ol' Evel Knievel video! However, I also noted that it didn't stop him. AND, the backflip was sweet!!

Anyone stay for autographs after the show? We did but the line was super long so we parked on one of the couches there and waited until the line was almost all through before we hoped back in (a few others did the same thing since it was a much more comfortable place to sit than stand in line).

The Monster Jam is a better overall show. If I remember right, they have some MX or quad racing between the truck events too which makes for some more entertainment. Dirt, bigger venue and even though it's a Chevy, we still like Grave Digger.

Anyone into Supercross. We're thinking of hitting Pontiac in April...

Randy