2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 08:00 AM
tksmitty
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would say call Ford and ask for a DSB brochure and file your complaint. Several people have used this and Ford was ordered to buy the Truck back.

Old 10-22-2004, 08:17 AM
Charlie51
New User
Originally Posted by tksmitty
I would say call Ford and ask for a DSB brochure and file your complaint. Several people have used this and Ford was ordered to buy the Truck back.
Thanks - can you tell me, what's a DSB brochure?
Who ordered Ford to buy back the truck?
Appreciate your response.

Old 10-22-2004, 09:01 AM
deltascrew
Senior User
d.s.b.

D.S.B.
Dispute Settlement Board

there is something in the owners manuel about it
its' independant from ford and its decision is binding on ford but not you
you still have the option of lemon law if they turn you down

Old 10-22-2004, 09:27 AM
Charlie51
New User
Thanks for the info.

Old 10-23-2004, 06:10 AM
zeusdog
Junior User
DSB and what my lawyer said...

The DSB is run by Ford. My lawyer said to use them. You can get there 800 number right out of your owners manual. There is an entire section devoted to the steps you need to go through.

You "MUST" write a letter of notification to the manufacturer (address in owners manual) and the dealership. It must be certified, reciept requested. Use your full name and give the VIN# or your vehicle. In the letter tell them you believe you are entitled to a Lemon law claim based on your repair records. Ford is in a breach of contract for not fixing the problem under the factory warranty. (My truck has been back 6 times and in the shop for over 30 days). Tell them what you are seeking, be it a fix, replacement or money back. Request arbitration (DSB). Give them 7 to 10 business days to reply to you in writing. That's it in a nutshell.

My lawyer says to tell everybody to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commision online. www.ftc.gov and with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. www.nhtsa.dot.gov . This is how recalls get started. If enough of us file complaints these Government agencies get involved and make Ford do the right thing.

In my case I bought the vehicle knowing it vibrated because I was assured by the sales staff and service staff that it was a wheel balance issue. It was not and therefore the dealership has misrepresented themselves on top of selling me a lemon.

I've done all of the above and am mailing my certified letters today. Please get on board and do the same.

Old 10-24-2004, 12:55 AM
yardbird
Cargo Master
Received 473 Likes on 313 Posts
quote by Charlie51: I asked what was next and they said to wait for ford to come up with fix. I just left. I need to know what my options are at this time - I do not feel like I should have to wait for Ford to fix. When will that be?

I had a 79 Ford F-100 I bought new that vibirated from 45 to 60 mph. The dealer never could fix it. I also have a 92 Aerostar that for the eight years I have owned it has a driveline vibiration from 64 to 68 mph,and a 95 T-bird that vibirates from 60 to 68 mph. From what I understand, a large percentage of the 94-97 T-birds with the independent rears have this. The 2002 and up Explorers are having some rear end whine and vibiration, as are the 2003 and up Expys.

I have full faith that Ford is on top of the problem, and will soon come up with a permanent fix.(translation: will last until warranty expires) Let's at least give them a chance. I have only had vibirating vehicles since 1979.

To be honest, I have had a lot of Fords in this period, and these are the only three that vibirated, but it sure is annoying.

Old 10-24-2004, 08:13 AM
zeusdog
Junior User
Why keep buying Ford then?

This is the first brand new Ford I have bought. I've had used trucks and none of them drove this poorly. I've only bought 3 other cars brand new. A Chevy and two VW's. All of which never had any kind of vibration problem and never had any problem that couldn't be explained of fixed. I'll never buy another Ford product again, especially after your input. Why would you keep buying from a company that poorly engineers vehicles?

Old 10-24-2004, 10:19 AM
hovy
Senior User
I had a 97 first run 150....It shook at 40 and 65..not much but not to my liking. They changed everything to no avail.. I accepted fords offer for another truck and was at the time the best pickup I ever owned and I have had my share of them. Over 15 since 65!...It was a 3 month ordeal because of a shortage of the wheels on that model....
My 04 is a thing of beauty..sure I don't like the lower front end, tires, wheels and cheap gas door but it is as smooth as silk and I can change all I don't like. Handles like a German sports car (got a 530 and an Audi a-6) sort of!:O)

Old 10-24-2004, 10:18 PM
ITDave
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sort of?

Originally Posted by hovy
I had a 97 first run 150....It shook at 40 and 65..not much but not to my liking. They changed everything to no avail.. I accepted fords offer for another truck and was at the time the best pickup I ever owned and I have had my share of them. Over 15 since 65!...It was a 3 month ordeal because of a shortage of the wheels on that model....
My 04 is a thing of beauty..sure I don't like the lower front end, tires, wheels and cheap gas door but it is as smooth as silk and I can change all I don't like. Handles like a German sports car (got a 530 and an Audi a-6) sort of!:O)
Sort of? So you are not getting the vibration?

Old 10-25-2004, 04:42 AM
hovy
Senior User
LOL Sort of that my cars ride and handle better but not by much.....I don't have any vibrations.

Old 10-25-2004, 06:58 AM
Labrador
Senior User
Originally Posted by zeusdog
The DSB is run by Ford. My lawyer said to use them. You can get there 800 number right out of your owners manual. There is an entire section devoted to the steps you need to go through.

You "MUST" write a letter of notification to the manufacturer (address in owners manual) and the dealership. It must be certified, reciept requested. Use your full name and give the VIN# or your vehicle. In the letter tell them you believe you are entitled to a Lemon law claim based on your repair records. Ford is in a breach of contract for not fixing the problem under the factory warranty. (My truck has been back 6 times and in the shop for over 30 days). Tell them what you are seeking, be it a fix, replacement or money back. Request arbitration (DSB). Give them 7 to 10 business days to reply to you in writing. That's it in a nutshell.

My lawyer says to tell everybody to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commision online. www.ftc.gov and with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. www.nhtsa.dot.gov . This is how recalls get started. If enough of us file complaints these Government agencies get involved and make Ford do the right thing.

I've done all of the above and am mailing my certified letters today. Please get on board and do the same.
It's not really that bad. Request an application from the Ford 1.800 number, your dealer or the DSB 1.800.688.2429. Make sure you receive your states lemon law waver form. Fill out the application, cover letter, service tickets and any other information and send it in no bs Lawyer and certified letter required. The DSB is independent of Ford and the 5 member committees are regional. They are there to help you not Ford. If the DSB thinks that you have a case they will request more information from the dealer and FSE. You may make a phone interview or a presentation in person before the board. Their ruling is final and binding on Ford but not on the owner. They made Ford buy back my 04 with driveline vibration and steering wheel nibble.

Last edited by Labrador; 10-25-2004 at 07:03 AM.
Old 10-25-2004, 07:04 AM
tksmitty
Freshman User
How long did that process take to complete?

Thanks,

Old 10-25-2004, 11:58 AM
Labrador
Senior User
Originally Posted by tksmitty
How long did that process take to complete?

Thanks,
It will take over 5 months. After they accepted my case it took 45 days for the phone interview, 14 days for the first ruling, 14 days for an Independent Inspection Report of my truck, 14 days for another phone interview and 14 days to receive my final ruling. It should take another 30 days for paperwork and then I turn the truck back into my dealer at that time they give me a check for a full refund.

Old 10-25-2004, 03:07 PM
ITDave
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OPtions?

Originally Posted by Labrador
It will take over 5 months. After they accepted my case it took 45 days for the phone interview, 14 days for the first ruling, 14 days for an Independent Inspection Report of my truck, 14 days for another phone interview and 14 days to receive my final ruling. It should take another 30 days for paperwork and then I turn the truck back into my dealer at that time they give me a check for a full refund.
Are you getting any options back?

Old 10-25-2004, 03:19 PM
Labrador
Senior User
Originally Posted by ITDave
Are you getting any options back?
Full selling price, + interest, +bedliner, +trade-in and no mileage deduct.

Quick Reply: The Vibration