2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stainless Steel Duel rear Side Exit Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 06:58 AM
srq
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Stainless Steel Duel rear Side Exit Exhaust?

Does anyone know of a manufacturer for my SCREW that makes a cat back duel exhaust system that is stainless steel that duel exits out both sides behind the rear wheels, Borla, Bassani and Magnaflow make a duel system but only split at the rear of the truck. THANKS!

Old 09-22-2004, 08:16 AM
Truckasaurus
Senior User
Originally Posted by srq
Does anyone know of a manufacturer for my SCREW that makes a cat back duel exhaust system that is stainless steel that duel exits out both sides behind the rear wheels, Borla, Bassani and Magnaflow make a duel system but only split at the rear of the truck. THANKS!
SRQ, it sounds like you are looking for a true dual system. If thats the cast you will need to get new catalytics as well since they flow into 1 pipe. If thats the case I'd spend your dough on the cats and have a local shop custom route the pipe the way you want it. Would probably cost about the same.

T

Old 09-22-2004, 10:16 AM
GordoPanocho
Elder User
Actually, I don't think srq is looking for a true dual setup. He just wants the pipes to exit to the side behind each wheel instead of directly out the back. Now, I could be wrong (it's happened before), but the only stainless steel (SS) kit I know of is sold by Borla ... and it exits straight out the back (I have it). I've seen a couple of behind the wheel exit jobs, but doubt they were all SS. For that, you may need to get a muffler shop to do a custom job for you. I'm 99.9% sure that's the route you'll have to go for what you want.

Old 09-23-2004, 06:14 AM
srq
New User
Smile

Thanks for both ofyour responses, actually Gordo I was thinking the same as you on this, I'll keep looking, but I know Borla is top notch having using them before, maybe I'll just go split out the rear, Thanks!

Old 09-23-2004, 11:03 AM
adunham
Senior User
JBA exhaust has it in stainless
jbaheaders.com if the link below gets cut off

http://www.jbaheaders.com/04f150new.asp

-aaron

Old 09-23-2004, 06:34 PM
JS66
Junior User
Gibson makes a ss kit that exits behind each rear wheel BUT!!! it will not fit a FX4. I found this out the hard way. I ordered it and tried to install it. IT would not fit. So I called Gibson and they said it would not fit a FX4 because of Different exhaust hangers and crossmembers on the FX4. If your truck is not a FX4 this is a nice system. Its called, Gibson Dual-Extreme Stainless Cat Back Part#Gib-69007