Iowa Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Next meeting

Old 08-02-2004, 07:20 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile Next meeting

We need to be thinking of the next meeting. September is the next tarrget time, so speak up about any events that can be used in conjunction. We have the Drake football game, on the 11th. It's a possibility, as I have to be in Des Moines on the 12th myself. Let's get some feedback on this and see what we come up with.

Old 08-02-2004, 08:15 PM
Saurian
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Should we first take roll and see who would be interested so we can determine where our members are 'heaviest' or figure out what to do and then worry about getting people there?

Old 08-02-2004, 09:32 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Well I can make any time but the first sunday of any month until Oct (that is when we race in reasoner), other races are subject to when I hear about them, and since I am used to driving going about anywhere is ok with me, but maybe we should look more to the west side of the state, or atleast farther west to allow some of that side of the state too attend atleast this next meeting, I realize that is a long drive for fellro, but we definatly don't want anyone feeling left out.

Old 08-02-2004, 10:19 PM
fellro86
Hotshot
I absolutely agree, we should go to another location. Best way to keep it fair to all involved and give everyone a chance to have the meeting in their area we will move the location around. That's why we need the input for location and events that can give us something to do.Central isn't a bad area, as many did not quite get the chance before. We could do the roll as well, it would help determine a good area to shoot for, I think it will be more diverse this time. It doesn't relly matter if it's close or far, someone's going to be driving. Old Thresher's Reunion is the first weekend of September as well. It all comes down to the event or location that most can agree on. I'm just looking for ideas right now, and we can go from there. Reasoner can even be a good place too, but like I say, let's get some ideas.

Old 08-02-2004, 10:36 PM
farmb0y
Posting Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know that the IMCA Supernationals will be in Boone Sept 6-11. There's some great racing there, always a good time, even if you're not 21.
That'll be nice for me since I'll be at school then and I'll probably be going to a few of the races anyway.

Old 08-05-2004, 11:07 PM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Hey guys... I am a recent transplant to Omaha from Montana. I guess I'm still technically part of the Drifters, but there doesn't seem to many of us in Nebraska. If your next meet is in the central Iowa area, I'm thinking maybe I could meet up with y'all.

Old 08-06-2004, 04:01 AM
truckertaz
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by cowboywanabe
Hey guys... I am a recent transplant to Omaha from Montana. I guess I'm still technically part of the Drifters, but there doesn't seem to many of us in Nebraska. If your next meet is in the central Iowa area, I'm thinking maybe I could meet up with y'all.

ABSOLUTLY NOT WE DONT WANT NO DANG OLE NEBRASKA PERSON IN OUR GROUP

Just kidding cowboywannabe, your more than welcome

just a sidenote the youngest and out of staters pay the bill

Old 08-06-2004, 12:49 PM
Saurian
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by truckertaz

just a sidenote the youngest and out of staters pay the bill
Funny, real funny. =P

Too bad I have nothing to fire back with. You're not a young'n, but you're not old. ^_^ Jeez.

Do we even have much in the way of Northern members? I'm talking much further North then Ames.

Old 08-06-2004, 07:03 PM
HawkeyeF100
Senior User
Talking

Originally Posted by cowboywanabe

I-80 eastbound partner. Bring 'em all!
I figure since crossing the Missouri is closer than driving thru 2 states + , more of the Omaha & Lincoln area guys might want to join up with the Iowa chapter.
We can blackmail Roger to letting all in , or we'll tell everyone he drives a Toyota truck!

Old 08-06-2004, 09:38 PM
Saurian
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by HawkeyeF100
We can blackmail Roger to letting all in , or we'll tell everyone he drives a Toyota truck!
That's dirty...hehe

Old 08-06-2004, 10:40 PM
fordloverf2501970
Elder User
i thought it was a little chevy luv he drove lol

Old 08-07-2004, 12:43 AM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Sure thing, I'll pay the bill... you all just have to come to Nebraska for your next meeting...

Old 08-09-2004, 10:03 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
Hey now, that deal fell through was a Nissan though... Was going to repower it... I better stop before I get in deeper here... Anyone is welcome to join, and you're in now, Cowboy. No reason to drop the Drifters, but it is a little tougher to get to their meetings, I think the only ones that have been pulled off were in Montana, not that it is a bad thing being out there, other than that little problem called fuel and time. And just so you know, it was a Luv drag truck... didn't own it though, just worked on it.

Last edited by fellro86; 08-09-2004 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-17-2004, 01:22 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
Ok, so any ideas as to where we want to meet? I am leaning towards central Ia, as we have a good number there, and we went eastern last time, although many weren't able to attend for their various reasons. Should we all go cheer Rob on with his mudrunner, or go watch a cannon blast, or.... ??? We really should get this fugured out, so those who need to be sure their schedule is clear can do so. Ideas?

Old 08-17-2004, 01:35 AM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Well the next race at reasoner is over labor day weekend so that one probably isn't a good choice, expecially since there probably won't alot of trucks do to guthrie center having a race that same weekend, the next one after that is Oct 3rd, there is also supposed to be another one over by Delta, IA. and another in lamoni but I haven't found out when they are yet.
If anyone knows about any other straightline mud drags around let me know. Not the ones like Guthrie, my truck doesn't turn worth a darn so I don't even try them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Next meeting