Sponsored by: DP Tuner

New owner questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 10:12 AM
A Dodge
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile New owner questions

Daughter came home from out west, dropped off her compact car, loaded up my '01 V10 4x4 and beat feet!
I just got a 99 7.3 AOD Lariat 4x4 stretch cab, short box with 85,000 miles. Never had a diesel before. Got a few questions.

On this truck, maybe because it's a 99, the headlights are on when the engine's running, like all those GM products. I don't like this, is there way to defeat it.

It cackles like crazy, well to me, anyway. I read most of the very informative/interesting archives and I guess the fix is in the fuel return inside the tank. Does this fix interfere with cold weather fuel delivery or running? I live in the snow belt.

I was stupid and assumed that diesel exhaust systems last a long time. Till I got home. Found the muffler had a big split on the seam. Is there a place to order a 3 & 1/2 " straight pipe that will adapt to existing tail pipe, don't want to convert to 4". I really, really like the turbo scream.

There's a puff of white smoke on cold start, especially if I forget to pause for the glow plugs. Is this anything to worry about? (The smoke, not my crappy memory, there's no hope for that).

That's all I can remember now, thanks for your time,

Andy.

Old 09-08-2004, 12:37 PM
Heaterman
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The headlights was probably an add on by the previous owner. I didnt think Ford did that I hope they dont either