Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Sailor_Roy

Montana Members?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 10:09 AM
MT69highboy
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello from eastern Montana. If Colstrip can see the Ocean then I have ocean front property here in Glendive. Suppose I can sell some?

I am currantly working on putting a 69 body on a 73 3/4 ton 4x4 frame. My good pickup is a 2004 F350 CC Diesel. I also ran a 64 galaxie last summer in a racing seris call bump-run here in eastern montana.

If anyone has done the same project I would like to visit with you about how it went. Right now we are just done with the easy part. Tearing everything down. This weekend we are hoping to get the engine, transmission, cab and front clip on and have it running.

Old 12-02-2004, 01:00 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Good luck on the project. Post some pictures of as you go and a finished product....I'm sure we'd all love to check it out. Are you going to join the Drifters?

Old 12-09-2004, 10:09 AM
jazzy
New User
Hows it going in germany... do you get to come home to montana anytime soon. Hope you are doing well. I bet you are missing your "pumpkin" while you are over there. Hope all is well.

Old 12-17-2004, 09:43 AM
my3sons
New User
Montana boy gets home!

Hey guys...Just got moved back to MT. Been away for almost 10yrs, great to be back. Am in the process of pickinig up a 7.3 for a little distribution biz that I'm buying (my way to get back home!) will be freeloading off relatives in Helena and Kalispell until our house in TX sells.

Eric

Old 12-17-2004, 09:46 AM
my3sons
New User
oh yeah...

Forgot to ask how I sign up with the 'Drifters'

Old 12-17-2004, 02:06 PM
mtflat
Lead Driver

Received 332 Likes on 256 Posts
Welcome home Eric! When you're over in this neck of the woods, look us up. Might give us an excuse to finally get the Kalispell guys together................

http://www.stillwaterlutheranchurch.com/

Old 12-17-2004, 06:10 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Originally Posted by my3sons
Forgot to ask how I sign up with the 'Drifters'
Outside on the list of chapters, you'll see our name, my username, and "join". Its's a link that will take you to the join request page. I'll ok it as soon as I get off my rear end and go look to see if its there. I usually check for join requests at least twice daily.

Old 12-18-2004, 06:55 PM
opus
Senior User
Well....I'm in Trout Creek, wishing I was back on the east side.

Old 12-19-2004, 12:47 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Welcome to the Drifters forum, opus. I lived in the big city of Trout Creek many years ago. That highway bridge over the river was the reason we were there. My dad helped build it and I spent many a day as a youngster walking around at the bottom of it... it's about 180 foot deep or a little better at that point in the river. I started school there, too. Pretty exciting place back then...even had a drive in theatre, which there's no trace of anymore. Ahhh, memories of a younger time.

Old 12-19-2004, 10:48 AM
opus
Senior User
You wouldnt want to be here now. I come from the east side, ranching, needed a break. People are moving in here all over. Of course, retiree's and people that have money. Land is now $5K an acre making it impossible for locals to buy. Not many younger folks stay here, no reason too. The only reason we are here is we manage some cattle for a VP and we caretake some property for a CEO, both absentee owners.

The highway bridge, at the bottom now is a fairly new Polaris RMK snowmobile. Some 'less than cautious' sledder, found a hole in the ice a couple years ago. They had divers but I dont think they ever found it....not sure.

Sad story, all the nice places in this part of the state are getting full up. Glad you got to experience it when you did. Been back here since then??

Old 12-19-2004, 11:54 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

I was born and raised in this corner of the state. The wife and I like to take a drive down that way once every other year or so. We'll go down through Hot Springs, over the top to Plains then up that way and cut across to Libby for lunch or dinner then head back to the big city. Haven't been through there in a couple years though.

I'm sure it is growing. The same as here. Kalispell is big boom growth right now. What was once a small, comfortable easy going town is now rush hour traffic, road rage, and all the other big city features that all the newbies have brought with them. And buying a home or property? Prices here are rediculous....that's why I'm stuck in a condo with a homeowners association. the only thing positive about buying the condo is that the value is going up, so that some day I might be able to sell this place and buy a nice real "fixer upper" ......... I hope.

Old 12-20-2004, 06:54 PM
my3sons
New User
Thats my neck of the woods as well, at least growing up anyways. I grew up in Plains, but haven't been back much over last dozen years or so. is dissappointinig to see all of our small hide aways getting noticed. guess I can understand why, just spend the last 10 yrs between UT, CA and TX, so am a rat race veteran. Couldn't wait to get back here, at least I'll have a greater appreciation for it! My Wife and bought a small distribution company that specializes in MT made foods. Taking about a 50% pay cut to do it, but so far, couldn't be happier...and I haven't even gone fishing or hunting yet!

Merry Christmas to all of you, Eric

Old 12-21-2004, 01:03 AM
mt4rusty
Junior User
Well I'm another Billingsite (not original) originally from Brady, I own an 03 f-250 6.8 xcab lwb man tanny, and 78 f-150 custom 4x4 better known as old blue.

Old 12-30-2004, 11:39 AM
8Flat
Senior User
Hey guys, not sure why it took me so long to join, been a member of 48-60 group for about a year. Currenty living outside of Great Falls, where we use a log chain for a wind sock..... Grew up splitting time between the family farm in Big Sandy and our ranch in Glendive. I'm restoring a 1951 F1 that my Grandpa bought new and put 40,000 miles on. Keeping the flathead, and mostly original except for MII IFS, I wanted good handling and brakes. Looking hard for a S10 T5 tranny, any lead would be great.

I thought since the moderator also likes '51s, maybe I would get preferential treatment???hahaha

Gary

Old 12-30-2004, 11:53 AM
nobrandx
Mountain Pass
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Montana Members?

I too am from Great Falls and currently have been back for about 5 yrs, was stationed outside of Seattle for 10 yrs, great to be home. Would like to add my name to the high plains chapter. Currently own a 2000 f-250, v-10, 5sp,
99 Taurus (wife's car) and an 89 Ford Ranger 5sp, 4cyl. My location is undisclosed in the corner of the column, I did not put it in when I joined this site. AWESOME site ain't it!!

Last edited by nobrandx; 12-30-2004 at 11:56 AM.

Quick Reply: Montana Members?