Colorado Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

73-79 bed

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 09:38 AM
Colo79Ford
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
73-79 bed

well, since it looks like im out of money, and am gonna kick my self for this...I went to pull n save last monday, they had a 76 250 there...bed was damn near perfect, had one small spot of rust on the driver side wheelwell...and i mean small. Pass side had a crinkle in the bottom, looked like they set it down way too hard on the rims they set them on, and also had a little crease/ streak down part of the side. Beds only about 110 after all charges..Would be cheaper, and with 5 hours of body work/paint prep/paint, it would look brand spankin new. wheres extra cash when you need it?

---JOHN

Old 08-27-2004, 02:02 PM
Mike G
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well my 16 year old son seems to think we have a tree out back just dropping bills about, stop on by and check it out. For some reason, I haven't been able to find it

--Mike

Old 08-28-2004, 07:16 PM
Colo79Ford
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My parents had one of those trees when i was growing up, but i think they had it removed when i moved out....Im still looking for it though, and it looks as if i will be able to buy this bed on monday, if it is still there. If its not, ill track whoever bought it down, and plead with them that they give it to me But, its nice going from not having a bed for myself, to worrying about getting one for my truck in 1 year...

---JOHN

Last edited by Colo79Ford; 08-28-2004 at 07:19 PM.
Old 08-29-2004, 01:41 AM
Hypoid
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know the story all to well. When we lived in Aurora I'd drive past twice a day just going to work and home.

Biggest heartbreak: the same year truck with the same drivetrain-except it had 4.10/4.11 R&P gears. Next day they were gone.

Luckiest purchase: New front brakes, drums w/hubs from a retired commercial truck. I snapped in the all metal Warn locks and paid around $40 for all of it. I feel like a bandit!