How about a Snow Plow? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices

How about a Snow Plow?

Old 08-26-2004, 12:46 PM
Off Road Ron
Freshman User
Off Road Ron is starting off with a positive reputation.
How about a Snow Plow?

Anyone out here have a plow on their 4.2?? I am considering putting one this winter to make some extra cash...I know its going to wreck the truck up, but since it won't be my "everyday" vehicle soon, I dont mind the wear and tear..

Does anyone know of some lightweight ones that would work? And is it hard to install one? I thought I heard that our frames are not built for them, but I know it can be done when I see rangers/S10/Wranglers with them on...

Old 08-26-2004, 12:57 PM
Jimmy Dean
Postmaster
Jimmy Dean has a very good reputation on FTE.Jimmy Dean has a very good reputation on FTE.Jimmy Dean has a very good reputation on FTE.Jimmy Dean has a very good reputation on FTE.
well I am sure the frame can handle it, but I dont know about our engine pushing it. you may want to beef up the front suspension a bit though, ours was made with only the weight of our little engine on it, not 1k lbs of plowing goodness...

Old 08-26-2004, 02:32 PM
Off Road Ron
Freshman User
Off Road Ron is starting off with a positive reputation.
Jimmy,

What do you reccomend for the shocks?? Also can you volunteer any info in my intake manifold thread?

Old 08-26-2004, 04:05 PM
Jimmy Dean
Postmaster
Jimmy Dean has a very good reputation on FTE.Jimmy Dean has a very good reputation on FTE.Jimmy Dean has a very good reputation on FTE.Jimmy Dean has a very good reputation on FTE.
Just look into some more heavy duty springs really, something more or less from the super duties more than likely or at least something that they use on the 5.4L trucks....something made for a bit more weight

Old 08-28-2004, 11:14 PM
Tom
Tom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputationTom has a superb reputation
I think the suspension is identical on both the 4.2s and the 5.4s. If it's a 4x4, it uses torsion bars, and they are all identical.

Old 08-31-2004, 10:12 PM
Leo_T
Senior User
Leo_T is starting off with a positive reputation.
Go to http://www.plowsite.com for more info on plowing. They are making more light duty plows, than they used to.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.