Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Honda Making a Full-Size Truck?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 10:44 AM
MW95F250
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Titan_TX
Titan has a weaker frame? Where you get that line of BS? I am sorry but I won't waste my time on someone who has no clue what he is talking about. I will let the other here like Armada take care of you. FYI the Titan frame is just as strong as any of the competition, actually stronger because its a ladder frame. I see more Nissan hardbody pickups than I see old Fords. That must say some.

EOD
No you're the one who's full of BS and has no clue--I'm in engineering--and the Ford frame is stronger than the Titan(ic)--thanks engineering physics!. Ford is welded through the rails where the Titan(ic)'s is not--therefore your Titan(ic)'s frame is weaker. I don't want to waste my time on a Nissan freak but apparently you don't know any better. You must live in Japan then to see all those hardbody trucks--all I see them around here is on the back rows of the junkyards rusting away. I got hit by a hardbody last year--didn't do anything to my truck--but his was a complete mess and the junkyard is where it's sitting now. There are tons and tons of old Fords still on the road here, not a single Nissan over 15 years old to be found.

Old 11-24-2004, 01:16 PM
Titan_TX
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MW95F250
No you're the one who's full of BS and has no clue--I'm in engineering--and the Ford frame is stronger than the Titan(ic)--thanks engineering physics!. Ford is welded through the rails where the Titan(ic)'s is not--therefore your Titan(ic)'s frame is weaker. I don't want to waste my time on a Nissan freak but apparently you don't know any better. You must live in Japan then to see all those hardbody trucks--all I see them around here is on the back rows of the junkyards rusting away. I got hit by a hardbody last year--didn't do anything to my truck--but his was a complete mess and the junkyard is where it's sitting now. There are tons and tons of old Fords still on the road here, not a single Nissan over 15 years old to be found.
No, is apparent you are here to cause trouble and bash other brands. I don't waste my time anymore on people like you. Unless you can have a intellegent conversation, then we won't have one. I am a engineer too, so what? LOL.

Back up your statements. Until you can do that, your infomation is just your opinion.

As of right now, the fact is the Titan is rated the best truck in its class by many reviews including real world reviews.

Old 11-24-2004, 02:04 PM
Armada
Senior User
No, is apparent you are here to cause trouble and bash other brands. I don't waste my time anymore on people like you. Unless you can have a intellegent conversation, then we won't have one. I am a engineer too, so what? LOL.

Back up your statements. Until you can do that, your infomation is just your opinion.

As of right now, the fact is the Titan is rated the best truck in its class by many reviews including real world reviews.
Now children, please try to behave. Titan_TX, please don't get this thread closed like you have so many others. And folks, lets talk facts and not opinions. It's o.k. to occasionally admit that the other guy makes a good point. For instance. I was wrong about the size of the new Tundra. I haven't seen one of the new ones and didn't know they had made it full size.

Sorry if I come off sounding like a school principal. I'd like to keep the thread going by being responsible and avoiding the name calling

By the way, the D-44 differential in the Titan is the so-called "super 44." That's the differential in Corvettes and is rated to well over 400 horsepower at the wheel. Nissan attains its effective 4:10 gearing by using a 3:36 to 1 differential but with much lower gears in the transmission. The weak link in most differentials is not the ring gear, which is stout enough in the D-44, but rather the size of the pinion gear. Off-roaders have been running "super 44's on lifted full-size vehicles running 35 inch tires for years without breakage. As the ratio goes up, numerically, the size of the pinion gears get smaller. The pinion gear on a 3:36 D-44 is very stout. I haven't measured to compare, but would not be surprised to learn that it is bigger than that on the rear diff of a F-150 with 3:73 or 4:10 gears.

Did you know that the Baha 1000 endurance run was just completed this year? Guess which pickup finished higher than Ford, Chevy, Toyota, Dodge or anyone else in the stock class? A Titan. That class also permits trucks which are not pickups, so the Titan finished second overall in the stock class, behind an AM General H-1. So, I guess those D-44's, stock engine and tranny held up just fine, thank you.

Old 11-24-2004, 03:50 PM
Titan_TX
Senior User
Armada, I don't cause topics to get locked. It's users like above that say BS like that. Then it causes a arguement fact over opinion. So well, then it gets locked. But as you said, which is why I wanted you to reply since your better at that than me, is the Titan is definitely strong enough and not weak like some may call it.

Old 11-24-2004, 04:16 PM
MW95F250
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's your postcount?? Mine is well beyond that of a troll or a brand basher. You are the brand basher. You are a waste of my time, but I WILL PROVE YOU WRONG. AND I DO BACK UP MY STATEMENTS, you're just too lazy to check them. Where did you get your degree from, a mail order catalog? I have a much more intelligent conversation than you're ever put out here, you only shout that the Titan is superior to every thing else out there, and its only been out a year. What about the electrical problems the Titan has?

You are the one with the BS--you don't even have 100 posts and you are calling a reputable poster who does back up what is said a BS?

Old 11-24-2004, 04:24 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
..Well you both managed to do it...
A quick review for all:
The purpose of this forum is to make intelligent comparisons of other makes against ford. They don't have to be in favor of Ford but they must be reasonable in any matter or direction. NO BRAND BASHING WILL BE ALLOWED! PERIOD!!
THERE WILL BE:
-ABSOLUTELY NO PERSONAL ATTACKS ALLOWED PERIOD!!
-ABSOLUTELY NO PROFANITY!!

Do not bump the language filter!

Be Courteous and Respectful
=====================
Do not post vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, racial epithets, harassing, abusive, hateful, libelous, expletives, derogatory or defamatory words or phrases, in any variation. The goal of Ford Truck Enthusiasts, Inc. is to be a family friendly service and such content undermines that goal.
Use of symbols or characters to mask profanity and expletives is prohibited and undermines the spirit of these guidelines.
However the example in the guidelines #@)$#&!# is NOT allowed in THIS forum, "*****" or "@ss" are not allowed either...

This thread closed....