late 96 early 97 7.3 diesel - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
Computer Chips & Tuners  

late 96 early 97 7.3 diesel

Old 08-15-2004, 11:08 AM
swordfish al
New User
swordfish al is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question late 96 early 97 7.3 diesel

this is my first time on the board so please be gentle with me. i have a 96 f-250 diesel crew that i bought used with 100,000 on it. purchased a superchips tuner from a local speed shop and followed the instructions carefully. it posted error # 22, call superchips. they told me that the micro-tuner would not work on some of the late 96 and early 97's. am very interested in reading my engine codes and getting some better milage. superchips said i could use a chip if i came up with my code. i'm not a mechanic nor do i pretend to be. i am assuming that the silver box (81/2" x 6" x 2" wide) that is located on the drivers side bolted to the inner fender is my computer. the only 4 didgit # i can find there is SAEO. i've looked on the drivers side a frame and on the drivers door which is where superchios told me to look. is diablo's micro tuner going to work for me? will i be able to translate my engine codes with it? do i have to settle for a chip? if so, what do you recommend? P.S. itow a 4500 lb boat fairly regular. THANKS for any help you may be able to give. Al

Old 08-17-2004, 07:48 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
FTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputation
Diablo Sport doesn't make a Microtuner (Microtuner is a brand name of Superchips). Diablo Sport makes the Predator tuner. Their tuner works with 1999 and newer. We can program a Diablo Sport chip with stock plus two power settings.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.