2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had my DSB hearing.

Old 12-17-2004, 10:28 AM
geno87_69
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had my DSB hearing.

Had them call me.

Talk about anticlimatic. They barely asked any questions, and now the waiting begins.

Has any here had experience with the Memphis board? How long did it actually take for your decision?

Thanks.

Old 12-17-2004, 10:54 AM
toypuller
Senior User
Had mine in October.

Had a 10 minute presentation ready to go and the whole hearing only took about 5 minutes. They did not want to hear the presentation and had a couple of questions about some additional service that was done between the application and the actual hearing and that was it.

Mine was done by phone in Atlanta.

I was told that the decision would take 10 days and I received it by mail on the 10th day. As a matter of fact every deadline in the entire process was done on the vey last day.

15 day final repair attempt was scheduled for the 15th day.
Was told it would take up to 40 days for a hearing, hearing was on the 40th day.
Was told 10 days to a decision, got it on the 10th day.
Was told up to 30 days for Ford to implement the decision and that took almost 60 days.

However alls well that ends well. Went from a 2004 FX4 to a 2005 F250 XLT 4x4 with no milage charges and a very small cash back.

Not that my opinion means anything to your case but it seems as though the decision was made prior to my hearing. There was little need for any further information and at the time of the hearing I had a ton of service tickets as well as a diagnosis that the 2nd rear end was bad after only 3000 miles.

Good luck on your outcome and best wishes to any other citizen of the vibration nation

Last edited by toypuller; 12-17-2004 at 10:59 AM.
Old 12-17-2004, 11:27 AM
rcsting
Freshman User
toypuller
sent you a PM

Thanks

Old 12-17-2004, 12:38 PM
geno87_69
Junior User
So you had to go in front of 2 boards?

There first decision was to have one more repair attempt?

Old 12-17-2004, 12:50 PM
ShakyFord
New User
How did you go from a 2004 F-150 to a 2005 F-250? I just submitted my paperwork asking them to re-purchase my '04 4x4 Lariat SCAB. The Ford Rep has already said he thinks the vibration is gone. I don't, of course. Anyway, mine will probably go to the DSB. Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-17-2004, 02:24 PM
toypuller
Senior User
Geno87_69 Not 2 boards, only the DSB. The 15 day final repair notice is required by my state law. Prior to any action you have to give the Manufacturer written notice for 1 final repair attempt within 15 days. Ford sent an engineer to the dealership for the list of issues that I had such as the vibration, transmission problems, grinding in the rear end, and a harsh riding condition that developed after the 2nd rear end was installed.

The engineer's answer to every condition was "could not duplicate" so off to the DSB I went.

ShakyFord - I was given the option of a full refund of everything or a replacement vehicle. The choise of a replacement vehicle is any vehicle that the dealer has in stock or can be transferred by a dealer to dealer swap. It does not have to be the same year or model or even a truck for that matter. The 2005 F 250 was an MSRP to MSRP swap plus the buyback of the attatched options I had on the FX4 and minus the dealer installed options on the F 250. The difference in price was a small amount in my favor. The dealer also put in a free spray-in bedliner and a rear slider at his cost for all the hassle I went through.

As far as advice I can give you is document, document, document and document. Get everything in writing. Every service slip, every promise, every visit wether work is done or not, every correspondance. Document every phone call you make and who you talk to and what they say. Follow up every call with a letter to the person you talked to and summarize what they said. Send everything certified mail with a return receipt.

Also, be patient. Remember the Service guys are just as frustrated as you are about some of the vibration issues they are seeing. The Service Dept at the dealer I purchased the truck from went way above and beyond trying to get the first truck right. Unfortunately the problem was with the vehicle not the service.

Keep plugging away until you reach the required # of repair attempts and then make an appointment to talk to the General Manager. Explain in a polite and professional way what is happening, what you feel is a reasonable solution and give him a chance to make it right. (you get more ants with sugar than you do vinegar)

When you reach the required # of repair attempts send Ford a notice (if it is required) for a final repair attempt. If the condition(s) still exists then send in the DSB paperwork.

This is by no means a quick process. It took me about 6 months to work my way through the entire thing.

Finally, the DSB is not Ford or the dealer. They are an impartial 3rd party. Treat them as politely as you would want to be treated. Tell them exactly what you feel is appropriate solution to your individual situation and thank them for their time.

Old 12-17-2004, 03:33 PM
jbone108
Senior User
my hearing was the wed the 15 I can't wait to get the results

Old 12-17-2004, 07:42 PM
ShakyFord
New User
Toy Puller,

Thanks for the tips. I am in GA. Here, the Lemon Law gives the dealer 3 times to fix a problem that is not a safety concern. They had 4 chances, but 1 of the 4 was documented as something else. After the 3 dealer attempts to repair, I submitted paperwork giving Ford a final attempt at repair. By GA law, they have 14 days on the 4th attempt. The Ford rep told me in a phone conversation that if I was not happy with my truck after the 4th repair, he would buy it back. I sent Ford corporate the paperwork asking for the 4th try (certified). At the ned of the 14 days, I went to the dealership, drove my truck and was not happy. The vibration was better, but still there. I told the Ford rep that I was not happy. He, in so many words, said tough poop and that my truck had a ride that compared to other F-150s. Wow, was I ticked. So, as per GA Lemon Law, I sumitted the paperwork to Ford demanding that they repurchase my vehicle. Now just waiting for a response even though I know what it will be I'm afraid. If they tell me to pound sand, I will submit whatever I need for the DSB. This whole process has left a bad taste in my mouth. I told everyone along the way, that I love this truck and just want it fixed. There is no other truck, in my mind, out there that looks better than the Fords. Heck it even rides like a dream until I hit about 56 mph. I hope the DSB sees it my way. I really hope I am not stuck with this $36,000 vibrator. Well, thanks for the tips. I'll put them to good use. By the way, when you go to the DSB, do you submit your case in writing beforehand? I have heard people here say that their time with the board was 5-10 minutes. How can a person plead their case in 5 minutes?

Old 12-17-2004, 09:07 PM
Swatnducks
Freshman User
Got me a problem truck.

Does the DSB require a certain amount of fix attempts before a case is reviewable? I've had my 2004 4X4 Lariat Screw for less than 1 month and only 1,100 miles. They didn't have the truck I wanted on the lot, therefore, I had them locate the exact truck I was looking for. They found it appox 100 miles away. Therefore, that means a dealer transfer which required me to sign on the dotted line before they would have it delivered. I get the truck, drive it 1/2 day and brought it in due to the "vibe". The thing shook like crazy. They found ALL 4 tires out of balance, 1.00 oz., 1.50 oz., 0.75 oz., and 1.00 oz. Someone from the dealership drove it here. I still wonder where the tires magically got out of balance like that. After that, of course, vibe still exists. Then they said they will attempt fix after the "pending" TSB comes out. Just wait for it. I think they stuck me with a vehicle that would have never sold if test driven first (it probably had been test driven and not sold). The magic of the dealer transfer allowed them to make a sale a rid a vehicle from the lot (that would NEVER HAVE SOLD ANYWAY). I have not let them attempt a fix per the new TSB because I want it to drive just like it does now just in case a DSB board member wants to check it out. Do I have a case for the DSB now or do I have to go through X amount of attempted fixes? Note: I have documented every meeting, phone conversation, non returned phone calls etc....Any advice would be helpfull.

Old 12-17-2004, 09:32 PM
jbone108
Senior User
Originally Posted by ShakyFord
Toy Puller,

Thanks for the tips. I am in GA. Here, the Lemon Law gives the dealer 3 times to fix a problem that is not a safety concern. They had 4 chances, but 1 of the 4 was documented as something else. After the 3 dealer attempts to repair, I submitted paperwork giving Ford a final attempt at repair. By GA law, they have 14 days on the 4th attempt. The Ford rep told me in a phone conversation that if I was not happy with my truck after the 4th repair, he would buy it back. I sent Ford corporate the paperwork asking for the 4th try (certified). At the ned of the 14 days, I went to the dealership, drove my truck and was not happy. The vibration was better, but still there. I told the Ford rep that I was not happy. He, in so many words, said tough poop and that my truck had a ride that compared to other F-150s. Wow, was I ticked. So, as per GA Lemon Law, I sumitted the paperwork to Ford demanding that they repurchase my vehicle. Now just waiting for a response even though I know what it will be I'm afraid. If they tell me to pound sand, I will submit whatever I need for the DSB. This whole process has left a bad taste in my mouth. I told everyone along the way, that I love this truck and just want it fixed. There is no other truck, in my mind, out there that looks better than the Fords. Heck it even rides like a dream until I hit about 56 mph. I hope the DSB sees it my way. I really hope I am not stuck with this $36,000 vibrator. Well, thanks for the tips. I'll put them to good use. By the way, when you go to the DSB, do you submit your case in writing beforehand? I have heard people here say that their time with the board was 5-10 minutes. How can a person plead their case in 5 minutes?
when you fill out the dsb paper work you list your problems and give a history they then contact the servicing dealer and get the service facts/info from the dealer. the dsb will then mail you a copy of your case file a week before your hearing. After reading my case file I decided that there was nothing I could tell the board that was not in the paper work and decided not to present a case . I think the biggest thing is keep up with a dates of service and miles you also need to have the dealership involve engineering with your problem. sound like we have the same vibe mine is between 55-60 otherwise the truck rides great. best of luck.

Old 12-17-2004, 10:51 PM
ShakyFord
New User
Thanks again. I hope it doesn't go that far, but if the Area Rep has any say, I am going to the DSB. At least someone here had a good outcome. This is a little off topic, but I can't believe that someone like Dateling or 60 Minutes or even the local news has picked up on this yet. Plain amazes me. Maybe I am a little paranoid and paranoia mixed with anger just makes it worse, but how in the heck are they keeping this out of the news?

Old 12-18-2004, 12:10 AM
wahoo
Senior User
I test drove three F150s, (2 Lariats and an FX4) and two (both Lariats) had the vibration. The salesman didn't even try to deny it, it was too obvious. Those trucks were still on the lot a month later.

To get the truck I want in this area I will have to order it. I have been reluctant to do this due to the possibilty of the truck arriving with this vibration issue.

Old 12-18-2004, 06:34 AM
Swatnducks
Freshman User
I would be leary to order an F150 unless they will deliver and let you test drive prior to signing on the dotted line. See my post #9 above. I didn't know of this potential problem when I purchased, and in my opinion, the dealer has not steeped up to the plate.