Auxiliary input for 6-disc CD Changer 04 F250

Old 08-09-2004, 07:28 PM
ocdmachine
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auxiliary input for 6-disc CD Changer 04 F250

I have been trying to find a way to connect an auxiliary input on my factory 6-disc CD changer factory stereo of my 2004 F250. I want to hook up my XM without using the FM modulator. Most forums I search state there is not one for the 04. Does anyone know of one? I have included photo of rear of HU if that helps (I mean I posted it in my gallery).

Old 08-11-2004, 05:52 AM
prcrboy
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The secpmd connector is for factory items such as dvd, cd changer etc. I haven't seen any adapters to allow an input to the radio through that connector.

Why the dislike for the modulator? I have one in each of my trucks. The xm from pioneer is a pain because it has to be turned off to hear other stations, but my other is a high quality one that can be left on.

Old 08-11-2004, 05:59 AM
prcrboy
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 08-11-2004, 11:28 AM
ocdmachine
Junior User
Thanks for posting the links. The autotoys site states for 1998-2003 models but I'll send them an email to see if it might work. I'm not sure what an "RCU" type of radio is, guess I'll read through my owner's manual to see if it mentions that.

Old 09-08-2004, 08:36 PM
anrman
New User
no connector for 04 through blitzsafe yet. have had e-mail contact with them. they are working on one but it's not ready yet and no time available. my xm commander through fm modulator sounds like AM radio. don't even listen to xm anymore and probably won't till the connector is available

Old 09-30-2004, 11:16 PM
pettry
New User
PAC adapter

logjam electronics....$90 bucks...i have 04 PSD 6 disc indash....the adapter has 3 inputs....plugs between 20 pin and 16 pin.....so you can have SAT. radio and 2 other inputs.....AAI-FRD3 says 98' to 03' but its in mine...no probs....9 months now....http://store.yahoo.com/logjam/pacaaifrd3.html

Old 10-03-2004, 04:36 PM
ocdmachine
Junior User
Does it automatically pick up XM if it's on? Since I don't have an auxiliary button on the stereo, does it think the CD is playing?

Old 10-03-2004, 09:03 PM
pettry
New User
adapter

the CD button is used as your AUX button.....you can hit the button and toggle between CD - DJ 1 - DJ 2 - DJ 3 (the DJ display comes up on the head unit...my neighbor and i looked at it this weekend...he knows a bit about electronics....he thinks the adapter brain sends something to the radio so the head unit says DJ on it) but to answer the question....if your in the truck and you have it on DJ 1 (that is if you pluged the XM into the input 1 rca plugs that are on the adapter) and your listening to XM then when you turn off the truck then get back in thats what will be on...untill you change to AM/FM or CD or one of the other DJ's 2 or 3....soooo your CD button as i said turns into your AUX button....how its installed in my truck is i pulled out the radio..pluged in the adapter and dropped the box down to the fuse area...zipped tied the box inside the fuse cover area and have the inputs hanging right inside if i decide to add anything else.....the adapter does come with a toggle switch incase you need it to change to the diff. inputs but with the set up you have its useless....as much as i hate to say it .....once you have it in hand youll understand how it installs.....ill try to send some pics.....hope i didnt give you too much...ha! ha!

Old 10-04-2004, 07:05 PM
ocdmachine
Junior User
Hey thanks, that is the best news I have heard so far. I plan on ordering it and I'll post if I have any problems. The FM is OK, but I have the auxiliary input on my old Isuzu Trooper with a real cheapo stereo and it sound so much better that than in the PSD's stereo. I appreciate your reply!

Old 10-05-2004, 04:39 PM
pettry
New User
adapter

ocdmachine....whoops i fibbed....the CD button just gets you in the DJ mode....the tune/CD change button (i think thats the button) will toggle you through each of the DJ modes....ive got pics but not sure if i can get them on here....ill try....not sure if they will be much help....but feel free to ask all the questions you want....wish i would have had someone....i will say this the salesman at logjam was great...i e-mailed back and forth with him untill it was in... he was a huge help.....i just used the 2nd input for a dvd player....its awsome to beable to have the ability to run the sound through the car audio.....oh well... ill shut up....let me know how it goes.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:45 AM
midwestkarl
New User
aux trick

i scoured the internet for hours on this topic. but heres what i came up with and was able to make work for the aux setting on the ford stock 6 disk mp3/cd player. if anyone finds this hope it helps. not an internet nerd, so just created a public album on facebook to assist the next one who finds this useful. good luck everyone and I do not take responsibility for any errors you come across from this attempt. I just wanted to put new life in my stock radio and this was the way that worked for me.

https://www.facebook.com/jason.andre...7354051&type=3