Crossovers Edge, Taurus X, Freestyle, MKX, Flex etc.

Chrysler Pacifica? / Ford Freestyle?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 03:01 PM
Bruker
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Chrysler Pacifica? / Ford Freestyle?

Does anyone here own a Chrysler Pacifica? I think they are a good looking vehicle and I can't wait until Ford's Freestyle becomes available. I'm currently driving an '01 Windstar and will probably be trading it in next spring for a Freestyle.

Old 07-15-2004, 03:03 PM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
EEwwwEEE.... Pacifica ??!?!!?
Glad you like them, cuz I sure don't !!!
but maybe it's because I dislike the singer they used for their commercials....

Old 07-15-2004, 03:10 PM
Bruker
Fleet Mechanic
Can't say I've ever seen a Pacifica commercial. I guess what I like about the vehicle is the seating, the cargo space and the availability of all wheel drive.

Old 07-15-2004, 03:26 PM
rob_nc
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hopefully the Freestyle will be a bigger hit than the Freestar, which was a complete waste of development money.

Old 07-15-2004, 04:03 PM
Bruker
Fleet Mechanic
Isn't the Freestar just an updated Windstar?

Old 07-15-2004, 04:06 PM
yardbird
Cargo Master
Received 473 Likes on 313 Posts
Well with a dumb name like FREESTYLE I wouldn't hold my breath. The FREESTAR, for example, may or may not be the best van on earth, but it looks like a cheaper version of the WINSTAR, which I think the last few years were very good looking vans. The problem is that the poor reputation of the WINDSTAR is keeping customers away in droves because they think it is just a warmed over clone, plus the name leaves a lot to be desired also.

Since FORD is trying to make all of their brands start with an F, I guess we can call the them those F'ing FORDS.

Just my opinion though.. I could be totally wrong. I was wrong once. I worked off of the information I had been given and made a wrong decision. Wait a minute, since I was given wrong information, I really made the right decision based on the information I had, so it was the source of information that was at fault. I take back my ocassionally being wrong comment .

Old 07-15-2004, 04:14 PM
85e150
Super Moderator
Received 1,584 Likes on 1,292 Posts
Windstar, Freestar, No star. The loose the minivan comparos. I rode in a '03 Windstar---last of the Windstars. Not bad, but the engine sounds like a thrash machine. Terrible engine sound. Our '97 Olds silly with the mousemotor 3.4 sounds like a runnin' machine by comparison.

Pacifica= fuel slurping pig. otherwise a nice 5000lb car.

Old 07-15-2004, 06:07 PM
fn250
Elder User
Originally Posted by yardbird
Since FORD is trying to make all of their brands start with an F, I guess we can call the them those F'ing FORDS.
Who told you about me?

Old 07-15-2004, 08:21 PM
85e150
Super Moderator
Received 1,584 Likes on 1,292 Posts
SO what, now F ord has to be all F?

Just like Chevalay had to be all C?

Them marketing boys get dumber and dumber every year.
Let's see, the F600 had a long hood, The C was a Cab over....What if there were a Utility Cabover, but it had to be a F series, King of the road trim. Better go back to the model A. .................................................. .................................................. .......

8 year olds would not be able to figure this out, cause the C series has been discontinued, so they wouldn't even try to figure this out, honest.

Old 07-15-2004, 09:50 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
And all Mercurys have to start with M (seriously, I can't make this stuff up).

I don't care what they call the Freestyle: this is one awesome car/SUV/crossover, whatever. When they come out, go test drive one. If Ford can keep the price where they've been talking, this vehicle will be a grand slam home run. Room for 6 adults, the strongest body and frame of ANY american-made car, and just about as much interior room as an Explorer, all for under 30 grand, loaded. Oh yeah, this will do VERY well. It may not be for all us truck owners, but it will blow away the car competition.

Old 07-15-2004, 09:53 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
you really are a car salesman....

Old 07-16-2004, 07:09 AM
rob_nc
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by yardbird
Well with a dumb name like FREESTYLE I wouldn't hold my breath. The FREESTAR, for example, may or may not be the best van on earth, but it looks like a cheaper version of the WINSTAR, which I think the last few years were very good looking vans. The problem is that the poor reputation of the WINDSTAR is keeping customers away in droves because they think it is just a warmed over clone, plus the name leaves a lot to be desired also.

Ford missed the boat when they redesigned the Windstar and FAILED miserably to add anything new to the van that wasnt' already available previously in another make. I laugh each time I saw a Freestar commercial touting their INNOVATIONS. Ford better turn the light on because they are obviously in the dark.

Old 07-16-2004, 05:56 PM
another_ford
Senior User
Originally Posted by Bruker
Does anyone here own a Chrysler Pacifica? I think they are a good looking vehicle and I can't wait until Ford's Freestyle becomes available. I'm currently driving an '01 Windstar and will probably be trading it in next spring for a Freestyle.
The problem with the Pacifica, for me at least, is headroom. I'm 6'3" and my head hits the roof w/ the seat in the lowest riding position. Coupled with the poor rear visibilty it already has, it makes for some huge blindspots.

The interior is pretty nice, though. You can really see the Mercedes influence coming into play.

Old 07-17-2004, 11:58 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
For a bit of a preview to what the Freestyle may be like, Ford Australia just released the Ford Territory, which as I understand is what the Freestyle is partially based on (check out the similarity in styling). I have recently test drove one, and they are VERY impressive, ridiculous amount of interior room, and handles seriously better than most cars. Like I have said in other threads, pity you Americans don't get the good Aussie cars.
http://www.ford.com.au/territory/

Old 07-18-2004, 12:01 AM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Whats 42,000 dollars AU equal to in US currency?

Quick Reply: Chrysler Pacifica? / Ford Freestyle?