Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

93 F250 2WD - rear pump and backup lights quit

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 09:59 AM
CDB1964
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 93 F250 2WD - rear pump and backup lights quit

Hi All,

I think I may have a wiring issue, but don't know how/where to start looking. I've got a 5.8L extended cab long bed. I drove to work on my rear tank. Drove to lunch about a mile away, then back. Regular city driving. Backed into my parking spot. Came out after work, and the truck wouldn't start, and acted like it was starved, but still had 3/4 tank in rear. Switched to front tank, and have been running around on just the front for the last two weeks. I also noticed recently that my backup lights aren't working. After about a week I noticed that fuell was spilling out of the rear tank from around the gas cap. I originally thought I had about 10 gallons in it, but based on what we siphoned out, it acted like it was full.

Also, I have a choice. Dome light, or panel lights. Cargo light always comes on when required (door or switch), but the dome light doesn't. If I fiddle with it, the dome light comes on, but then I don't get panel lights.

I bought this truck used in 2000 and have put nearly 100,000 miles on it. It was a well maintained utility truck, and had the always-on safety head lights. Now they're the occasionally-on safety lights. Regular headlights and running lights work fine.

I'm not too concerned about the lights, but would appreciate any advice on where or what to look for. I'm very concerned about the fuel tank. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much,

Chuck

Last edited by CDB1964; 07-10-2004 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Added info on fuel leaking from gas cap