Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wondering what to do with a 93 F150 I may inherit

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 10:27 PM
PrecisnTec
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wondering what to do with a 93 F150 I may inherit

Like the title says, It is possible I may inherit a 93 F150 from my grandfather after he passes away. Seems like he hasn't much time left on this earth. After a stroke last year at the age of 85, he's been getting weaker and weaker. Only reason why he still has the truck is because as a First Generation Welder, Carpenter and overall Independent/Do It All Himself type person, it's his last bit of independence he can still enjoy.

It's a 1993 Silver Ford F150 LX. Std. Cab, LWB, 300 I6, Automatic, 43,xxx original miles on the whole truck, Vinyl Floors and Bench Seat, has fiberglass extended cab and the body has no major flaws, not one wreck.

Curious as to whether or not I should keep the truck as both in rememberance of him and to possibly think about some performance related work, or if I should sell it. Supposively for the condition it's in and the low mileage, I am told I could get top dollar for it.

Any feedback, suggestions, ideas would be appreciated.
I had already talked to one friend who had suggested if I keep it, I might want to look into swapping a 460 EFI into it. Has that even been done with this style truck? Any links?

Thanks.

Old 07-28-2004, 10:48 PM
Andyman8282
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd break it down into simple terms.

If you need the $, sell the truck, you WILL get top dollar for a truck like that.

If you need something to remember him by, keep it, but also keep that straight 6 in there, because it'll be a LONG lasting memory.

If you need a good studly work truck, that fuel injected 460 your buddy mentioned is the answer to this call.

Just a suggestion, hope it works out for ya, and sorry to hear about your grandfather.