2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In-Bed Tool Chest for short-bed SuperCrew?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 09:22 PM
FadeToBlack
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In-Bed Tool Chest for short-bed SuperCrew?

Does anyone know if an in-bed tool chest exits for the 5.5 ft bed SuperCrew? Not a "Crossover" box that goes over the bed rails but one that sits on the bed floor at the back of the cab. Every box I have found is made to fit between the cab and the wheel humps for longer beds.

I have been thinking of purchasing one of those boxes and modifying it to allow for the wheel well humps but am hoping there is a product out there already made to fit.

Old 07-06-2004, 07:14 AM
NC Sean
Freshman User
FadeToBlack,

I bought my tool chest at Lowes and it is angled at the bottom to make room for the wheel humps. I have a couple of pics in my gallery, maybe you can see if it is something like you are looking for.

NC Sean

Old 07-06-2004, 10:32 AM
FadeToBlack
Junior User
NC Sean,

That's exactly what I'm looking to do with my truck except with the SuperCrew, the cab is essentially pushed back into the bed area making the bed shorter and there isn't that much space between the cab and the wheel humps like there is on your SuperCab. On my truck the wheel humps basically end up being right in the middle of the toolbox, even with the angle. It doesn't seem as though any of the toolbox manufacturers think it is worth producing an item for a 5 1/2' box. Thanks for the input though - and nice truck by the way, I'll get pics posted of mine one of these days.

Old 07-06-2004, 10:51 AM
NY-Ford-Lifer
Senior User
Just got an terrific one made by USW! Fits right in there, powdercoated (or not). AWESOME construction! Email me if you want a picture.

Old 07-06-2004, 02:29 PM
GordoPanocho
Elder User
You basically need a CHEST that's made for small to mid-size pickups. The maximum width is somewhere around 48-49 inches. I got my black Dee Zee "83B" from Tractor Supply Company ... pics in my gallery. They also have the aluminum (chrome) version. UWS makes a good, quality box. I just didn't want to pay a premium for mine. I wanted the cheapest version possible. I'm not worried about heavy duty, security, etc.

Lowe's, Home Depot, Pep Boys, Wal-Mart, etc. should all be able to order you what you want. Most toolbox makers make such a model. But, you may pay more if you order it. Too many places quoted me $400+ for a box that I ended up paying $230.

Also, check out the following thread:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...d.php?t=244082

Good luck!