General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Can anyone answer a question for me about an f-150

Old 04-17-2002, 02:58 PM
rkhrec
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Can anyone answer a question for me about an f-150

I wanted to know how fast a 2001 f-150 crew cab can go in one-tenth of a mile from a dead stop. And this is not speeding, it's just regular speed, with normal traffic in front, behind, and on the side of the truck. I'm asking because I'm fighting a speeding ticket that I know I was not speeding. The distance from where I was stopped and from where the cop used radar on me was barely more than 1/10 of a mile and he said I was going 65, and it was over a small bridge...please someone answer if you know.Thanks

Old 04-17-2002, 03:36 PM
mgazak
Laughing Gas

I don't have exactly what you're looking for, but I hope this may help anyways. From the March issue of Motor Trend, they tested a F-150 Supercrew 4X4. The 0-60 time took 9 seconds. The 1/4 mile test took 16.7 seconds at 82.9 mph. I'm terrible judging distance so I can't picture how far a 1/10 of a mile would be. How long did it take to go this distance? Since it takes atleast 9 seconds to get to 60 (they probably floored it), and they say you were going 65, you may have a good argument. One time my father got stopped many years ago driving my mother's Plymouth Horizon. I forgot how fast they claimed he was going but my father knew they were wrong because he hadn't shifted to a high enough gear to possibly go that fast. Unfortunately, they gave him the ticket anyways. Hope you have better luck.

Old 04-17-2002, 03:38 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Your best bet is to inquire about this in the appropriate forum section:

"1997+ F150 and E150"

Old 04-17-2002, 03:43 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

>I wanted to know how fast a 2001 f-150 crew cab can go in
>one-tenth of a mile from a dead stop. And this is not

Hi and Welcome to FTE !

I have a question and please don't take offense.

With * Text* written underneath the title to this forum,Why would you post a Truck Tech Question on this forum ?

I'm taking a survey of why people post questions in the WRONG forum.

[b][i][font color=red]Dennis[/font][i][b]

[font color=red]Calgary,Alberta,Canada[/font]
http://www.clubfte.com/users/mil1ion/Minimorleytruck.JPG

http://www.clubfte.com/users/mil1ion/FordTruckCodes.html

[font color=red]If New Ford Parts Is What You're Cravin',
Then Buy Them HERE,At Motorhaven!

[/font]

http://www.clubfte.com/users/mil1ion/Mil1ion.html

[font color =red] Please Don't Ask Me Any Tough Questions,
"I'm Saving My Memory For When I Develop Alzheimer's" [/font]

[font color=blue]78 F-150 429CJ,Silver,Explorer Pkg.
641/2-Mustang 260,Pre-World's Fair Car.
64-Fairlane500 S/C waiting for a 390-4spd.
68-Mustang 289-Sunlit Gold 80,892Mi
78-Buick LeSabre 403 4V
84 Volvo DL Wagon [/font]

Old 04-17-2002, 03:44 PM
rkhrec
New User

thank you for your reply! 0-60 in 9 seconds is when flooring it, correct? I wasn't flooring it by any means. And, I was behind other cars. I've got so much evidence to prove that his radar was wrong, from where he was standing under a power line, which affects radar, to the unclear visibility he had from where he was standing, to the fact that i was on a hill, and radar is supposed to be used on flat grounds...and that I'm pretty damn sure that without flooring my truck, it's not possible to his 65mph in 1/10 of a mile from a dead stop. (not to mention that I was just going to turn my application in for a police recruit to the same department that gave me the ticket) those ****** are going down! Any other info would be greatly appreciated!

Old 04-17-2002, 03:49 PM
rkhrec
New User

Well, in response to you...I posted my question in a lot of forums because I'm hoping the right person will read it and respond. And it's not a technical question...this is a general discussion forum, and I'm pretty sure that talking about how fast an f-150 can go is not too technical for the average non-idiot, and I'm pretty sure that discussing my getting a speeding ticket doesn't consist of technicalities and does consist of general conversation...
Does that answer your question?

Old 04-17-2002, 03:55 PM
Mil1ion
New User

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 17-Apr-02 AT 05:01 PM (EST)]Yes it does.

Did you read the reply from the webmaster above?

Trying to find out about whether an F-150 will go 65 MPH in 1/10 of a mile at full power from a standing start IS a Tech question.

Asking us if your driving habits warrants a speeding ticket is a general conversation question.

So,I'll jot you down for didn't understand.

Thank you for your response.

[/font]

78-Buick LeSabre 403 4V

Old 04-17-2002, 04:01 PM
rkhrec
New User

By the way...you're really freaking annoying...And by the way...No one had to read my damn question. I'm just a young woman looking for a little help to get myself out of a speeding violation that I am not guilty of. It seems as though if I weren't on here looking for help, you'd have nothying to be doing with yourself. I'm so glad to be the one to give you the thrill of your day! Let me just be so sorry for MAKING YOU READ my posting!

Old 04-17-2002, 04:05 PM
Mil1ion
New User

There are a few of us just curious why people post in the wrong forum and we're trying to find out why.

That's all,
A simple,I guess I didn't understand would have sufficed.

One other person said "they didn't see it".

Why are you so mad and sarcastic?

It was a simple question with No Offense intended.

[/font]

78-Buick LeSabre 403 4V

Old 04-17-2002, 04:11 PM
rkhrec
New User

Well, I did see it, and I understand what it meant. But like I said. When it comes to the amount of money I'm gonna have to pay for this ticket and my insurance if I lose, I really don't care what it says...I'm not harming anyone in any way, and no has to read what I said, and one guy responded and didn't seem to have a problem helping me out. So lets measure the importance:
$400 or (the rebel I am) posting a somewhat technical question in a "non-tech" forum.

I think that those of us that have better things to do than monitor who posts in the wrong forum, would understand.

Old 04-17-2002, 04:15 PM
Mil1ion
New User

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 17-Apr-02 AT 05:21 PM (EST)]
It's obvious then that you don't want to be held responsible for your actions.
If I get a ticket, I accept responsibility and pay it.
But, I don't get speeding tickets.

Please feel free to read this topic.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/dcforum/general/2999.html

Further:
What is your comment about the owner/webmaster telling you to post in the proper forum.

[/font]

78-Buick LeSabre 403 4V

Old 04-17-2002, 04:31 PM
rkhrec
New User

I can't help but to laugh at your comment. Yes, I got a speeding ticket, but no I was not speeding. There is a huge power line where the cop was, which affects radar, I'm pretty damn sure that driving behind other cars, one-tenth of a mile will not permit me to go 65mph in that short of a ditance, and i was on a hill, and radar only works on flat surfaces, and there were 5 metal boxes which had power surges inside of them in the view of where the officer was, which means that his radar easily could have refelcted off of that metal. I do take responsibility for my actions. I'm just not one of those idiots like you that thinks if he gets pulled over it means he did something wrong. why the hell would I pay for something I didn't do? That would be taking the wrong kind of responsibility, and well...I would hope most people aren't as scared of a challenge as you. I like challenges, I don't think cops are high and mighty and that we need to kiss their asses like you obviously do, and they are wrong, and this one was too. And as for the fact that you don't get speeding tickets..like I mentioned before..responding to me was probably the highlight of your day and you probably don't have anything or anywhere important you need to be ever and your time must not be valuable like other people's. So just mind your own damn business.

Old 04-17-2002, 04:38 PM
rkhrec
New User

And by the way, by the looks of your car, it's no wonder you don't get speeding tickets because your car can't go that fast. And if it could, the chickens would fly out of the back with that shell on it.

Old 04-17-2002, 04:49 PM
corlucci
Junior User

If you're going to fight a speeding ticket, good luck. You're going to need it. I think hills make a radar gun read slower than the actual speed, but I'm not sure on that. Were you on an uphill or a downhill? Assuming your truck gets 83 in the quarter, I don't think it's unreasonable to suppose it could go 65 in 1/10 mile. Since you want to know what your truck con do, why don't you run a tenth yourself? That's the only way you're ever really going to know. And what was the posted limit if going 65 will set you back $400?

Even if the cop's wrong, you're pretty much SOL. Unfortunately cops can do pretty much whatever they please, and there are bad ones out there. There's nobody to regulate their behavior, and their word always holds up in court. Fighting them is uphill business.

Old 04-17-2002, 04:56 PM
rkhrec
New User

Well, I was on the top of the hill when he used the radar, and if you're on the top of a hill that means that when the cop raises his arm to aim the radar that motion affects the radar and gives innacurate reading...or makes it seems faster. And I'm sure if I turned off overdrive and floored my car that I could have reached that speed. But, I didn't mention that not only was I not stopped, but I was at a red light turning right onto the main road...so I couldn't have floored it, or even accelerated to anywhere near a fast speed, as my truck was making a 90 degree turn. And as all of us truck drivers know, my truck would have spun out if i tried to floor it from the angle I was at. And on top of all of that, I was behind cars, I have to wait for the cars to pass before I pulled out on the road...so if cars were blocking all 3 lanes, how in the hell would I accelerate passed them? and the $400 is the ticket, the traffic school, the time traffic school will take (since time is money) and the insurance rates.
So from that..I think I've proved my case

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Can anyone answer a question for me about an f-150