1968-Present E-Series Van/Cutaway/Chassis Econolines. E150, E250, E350, E450 and E550

Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 07:01 PM
Nina
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help!!!!

Hello,

1. We could really use your help. Our Van seems to Spit and Sputter and sometimes even Stall, when the gas tank is FULL or it is Humid outside. as soon as it gets below 3/4 of a tank it stops. it doesn't blow any codes when this happens. Sound Familar?

2. Our ABS light is lit, went out for a day and then lit back up again, we went to Plug in the computer to get the code, and wouldn't ya know it, our computer doesn't read ABS codes. Is there a special tool out there to read only ABS codes? And/Or is there another way we can find out the problem?

Thanks for any help you can give us! At this point we are completely Frazzled!!

please e-mail me any help you can, becuase I am new here and I don't think i can find my way back to this thread....
<!-- / message -->

Old 06-30-2004, 01:03 AM
Racerguy
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hi Nina and welcome to the forum
What year is your van? What size engine?
Does it have rear wheel ABS or 4 wheel ABS?

Old 06-30-2004, 08:38 AM
Nina
New User
Red face

Hi Dave.

It is a 5.4 liter E250
Actually we are not sure if it is rear wheel or 4 wheel ABS. My husband is 99.9% sure it is 4 wheel. Any help would be appreciated!!!

Thanks!!!

Nina

Old 06-30-2004, 10:24 AM
rcarroll
New User
Nina,
MANY of the ABS light problems posted have been repaired by replacing the vehicle speed sendor on the differential (including my own 2 days ago). You can get your codes read by autozone if you have one near you. the VSS is around 20 bucks at your favorite Ford store. they probably have them in stock 'cause they seem to be a popular item for this problem. it takes 10 - 15 minutes to replace.
Hope this helps.