Computer Chips & Tuners  

Diablo Chip is back but....

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 06:26 PM
MDK
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diablo Chip is back but....

Got my diablo stage 2 chip back today. It also came with a toe tag that stated my ECU code and even said 4 bank. 4 bank chip that is, sweet. Now the only thing that is wrong with all of this is that after I installed it which I have done a few times I developed a thumping somewhere, located around the cats and the tranny pan. Not sure if it does it in drive but sure does it in Park. Anything that would have caused this or make this noise? I know Im behind on an oil change and it's pretty low, but it wasn't making this noise before the chip was put back in or when the other one was in. The only thing we changed was the shift firmness and raised the speedometer. Any ideas?

Old 06-29-2004, 11:32 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
What do you mean by thumping? A constant thumping or is it something that happens when going into gear? The reason I asked is you asked for a hard shift...

Old 06-29-2004, 11:36 PM
MDK
Freshman User
This is true. I believe it only does it in park. I haven't thrown it in drive and put the ebrake on yet to see if it did it in that gear since it was pouring today. It's a thumping noise located around the cats. I've scanned the entire vehicle and it's in that area. Sounds like someone bassing out from far away. Only in park Ken. Everything else seems to work fine. No check engine light, or anything out of the ordinary. Didn't get a chance to check out the firmness or speed limiter since it was raining. Any ideas?

Old 06-30-2004, 01:26 AM
MDK
Freshman User
Unhappy

(SIGH) Im afraid I got some bad news about the chip. Took it for a test drive just now and it seems that the speed limiter seems to have been taken away but every 2 mph I go I get the jerking of the truck has if Im still hitting the speed limiter but in incriments of 2 mph. I have the switch module to where the writing of the chip is right side up and readable, so I turned of the truck while driving flipped the switch into the up position and tried again. This time the truck just stays at 90mph and dosen't travel any farther. I know I have 4.10 gears but Im positive I didn't run out of gear. Went to get gas with the chip still in that position. Put into park and no thumping (it didn't do it when I had the switch in the center put it in Drive and set the e brake either). Also to be reported was that the shift firmness. Im not sure what it's supposed to feel like but it's still shifts as smooth as it ever did which I asked for the hardest shift as possible. Also, I requested the truck to shift at 5-5300K rpm's since the 4.2L stops making power at 5K. This dosen't seem too work either. I step on it and it rides up to what appears to be 5500K rpm and the truck kicks just like it does with the speed limiter, violently. This I anticapated would happen but it seems to me that this chip is going to have to go back in again and get reprogrammed or whatever it is you guys can do, and might as well change it to shift at 5K if possible. I know you guys have experience with all Ford Trucks and there is a whole site dedicated to the V6 F-150 which I am a part of, and I seem to have the worst luck with my chip. I appreciate all of your help and believe in your company which has been very good to me. I just want this to end already becuase It's getting kind of old and Im sure you feel the same way. I just want everything to work. Sorry If I seem to be pushy or whatever but as a customer I paid what you asked so I feel this is my right. One chip supposedly didn't work at all now this chip didn't meet up to the asked requirements. Anything I can do just let me know that can speed up this process, it just seems like an unecessary battle for a slightly modded truck with a V6. Let me know what is to be done please. Thank You.

Last edited by MDK; 06-30-2004 at 01:33 AM.
Old 06-30-2004, 04:27 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Give us a call.

There are two options available at this point.

1. I will program the chip back to a standard performance burn which is what was originally paid for.

or

2. I can charge a custom fee for any custom work, and investigate what the problem may be, get the code updated, etc. At this point, I can't justify doing any further custom work, or adjusting current custom work for free.

I believe we have been more than fair, and have done far more than anyone else who have - reburning a chip with custom modifications, for free, a year after you purchased it, not even charging shipping.

Old 06-30-2004, 06:33 PM
MDK
Freshman User
I understand this, and I am more than willing to pay the fee, but isn't the reprogramming fee like $100? $100 when all I wanted was to change raise the speed limiter and shift points? You didn't get it right this time so what's to say we won't keep playing send and recieve with this thing? The $6 for shipping isn't a problem but if it dosen't get right the second time what's to say it will the 3rd time. I wanted those two simple things and it didn't work, tell me what else you have to do to get it to work? If I pay this second program fee I want the intial performance program that it is supposed to come with and the custom program, that's the way it works right? I will send this chip back with a custom form and give you my mod lists and what I want done, but whos to say this time it will work? Let me know the custom fee prices and where to send it. I will have it there ASAP which will be about two weeks. Thank You for all your help.

Old 07-02-2004, 10:15 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Call us, customer service communication takes way too long on the forums and really isn't the place for it.