Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hmmm...this is bad...

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 09:30 PM
ClemsonLightning
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm...this is bad...

The squirt straw from the TB cleaner can may be in my intake somewhere...WHile cleaning the intake, the whole cap came off in my hand and I lost the straw and couldn't find it, so I got another one. Cap comes off again but this time I see the straw fly into the TB. I fished it out with the maglight and clothes hanger.

I still don't know where the first straw is though. I dug around in there and never saw it. I finally just crossed my fenders, sprayed her full of cleaner, and fired her up. She seems to run fine, better than before the cleaning...so I guess I'm ok.

It's a plastic straw, so even if it did fall in, I think the valves would cut it up, pump it right on through, and it would probably hang up in the cats and burn up. Anyone ever had this problem?

Old 06-24-2004, 01:07 AM
96f350rcsrw460zf
Junior User
I don't know what to think

This is a good story. What engine and year??? I'm wondering what style intake it's stuck in. Hopefully since the red spray tubes are semi rigid it stopped at a bend in the plenum. You may be able to easily remove the top manifold and retrive it. I would try and get it out. Good luck.

Old 06-24-2004, 12:21 PM
ClemsonLightning
Junior User
It's a 94 Lightning, so it's got the 351W with the GT-40 Intake. I doubt it hung if the first one went in at all, it was cut pretty short and that GT-40 as pretty large runners. She's running great today, so I'm not worried about it. shouldn't cause too much trouble even if it fell in.

Old 06-24-2004, 05:03 PM
ATC_250SX
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
at worst, it would stick a valve, slightly open till it compleatly entered the cylinder, then it would be burned, this is the same reason i used aluminum screws on my 3 wheelers choke plates, no matter what you do they would rattle out, so at leaste with aluminum, if it gets sucked in, it dosent hurt too much, just melts and the valves are harder then the small screw so it just runs bad for a second, your probly in the clear though, i would think if it were gonna get stuck it woulda done it pretty quick.