Dual Bass Tubes

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 05:42 PM
redrumybronco
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Dual Bass Tubes

I got a good deal on two bass tubes (bazooka NOS8) and was wondering if it was an overkill to install both of them inside my BRONCO. Would this be an overkill or would it be better than just one? Has anyone already tried something similar with two bass tubes?

Old 06-21-2004, 06:26 PM
460powerhouse
Junior User
i had two bass tubes in the back of my 79 f150 for the longest time it was good. but if your into really boomin bass build a box with 10's or 12's or bigger nothing compares. but if you would just like to add a little more bass to your music and not get "excesive with the noise" bass tubes are just fine

Old 06-22-2004, 08:06 AM
53Merc
Elder User
Question

Originally Posted by redrumybronco
I got a good deal on two bass tubes (bazooka NOS8) and was wondering if it was an overkill to install both of them inside my BRONCO. Would this be an overkill or would it be better than just one? Has anyone already tried something similar with two bass tubes?
Red?
Want to sell one of thsoe bazookas?

GW

Old 06-22-2004, 09:44 AM
redrumybronco
Senior User
53 Merc: I'm sorry not interested in selling... I only got a good deal because I purchased two besides If I sold one, I would have to sell it at or above retail and you would have to pay for shipping... you would end up paying more than if you got one locally...

Old 06-22-2004, 10:09 AM
75Player
Senior User
As far as overkill goes, it depends on what kind of bass you're looking for. Are you looking for lots of deep booming bass, or just a little extra bottom end. It also depends on how big the tube is. What size sub is in it? 8, 10, 12? I would think in a Bronco that it would have to be 12's before you approached overkill. How much power can they handle? Lots of factors to consider here.

Old 06-22-2004, 05:09 PM
redrumybronco
Senior User
What I gather so far from a few reviews and as 460Powerhouse mentioned, the bass tubes are not for deep boombing bass and are just to add enough. They are rated at 300 watt peak but only 150 watts are recommended by manufacturer... I have decided on how to mount both of them but now I want two good affordable mono amps rated at 150 watts @ 4 ohms imp. (300 watts @ 2 ohms). I saw one at WalMart that would compliment the whole setup (because it is blue like the tube) but it is a rather cheap amp and is made by roadmaster and people tell me to stay clear away from that... I am debating on just using a single two channel 900 watt from Lightning Audio... but would rather use two monos... can you recommend any?

Old 06-22-2004, 11:55 PM
Twisted Ranger
Senior User
Memphis builds a sweet 250D. You might also go -w- 1 larger mono, like a 500D. 2 amps need to be line balanced so they're operating equallly and your bass sounds good. If you've never done it, it can be tricky. I had 2 1100 watt mono's in my protege. It was a pain keeping them balanced for competition.

Old 06-23-2004, 01:21 PM
Dirt_Road
New User
Smile

I have 2 12" Jl Audio W7 Over kill definatly for garth brooks. Although you have bass controlls all over the place so you can install both and tune down the bass or up or whatever you want. You will get deeper lows with both. Depends on the music.