Computer Chips & Tuners  

Tuner effecting alarm

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2004, 11:00 PM
dliguori
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tuner effecting alarm

I have a 2000 Excursion v10 and I recently programmed it with a Superchips tuner "1715" and ever since then my alarm is different. When I lock and unlock my doors using my remote the horn beeps and when I use my keyless pad it sets the alarm off as soon as I touch the first button. The lights used to flash when I armed or disarmed it but the horn didn't beep and the alarm never went off. I am a bit of a night owl and I'm sure I'm driving my neibors crazy with all my midnight honking. Thanks for any help you can give me!!!

Old 06-21-2004, 09:24 PM
JasonVMP
New User
Originally Posted by dliguori
I have a 2000 Excursion v10 and I recently programmed it with a Superchips tuner "1715" and ever since then my alarm is different. When I lock and unlock my doors using my remote the horn beeps and when I use my keyless pad it sets the alarm off as soon as I touch the first button. The lights used to flash when I armed or disarmed it but the horn didn't beep and the alarm never went off. I am a bit of a night owl and I'm sure I'm driving my neibors crazy with all my midnight honking. Thanks for any help you can give me!!!
While it does seem like a coincidence the tuner only affects the computer, and the whole keyless entry system and alarm are seperate on most Fords.

Old 06-22-2004, 02:13 AM
dliguori
Junior User
Oh, thanks! Does anybody know how to turn the audible alerts off on the factory alarm? Sorry I know this is in the wrong category on the sight now.

Old 06-22-2004, 01:10 PM
JasonVMP
New User
It might be in the owners manual.

Old 06-24-2004, 10:11 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
The 2000 Excursion has PATs related problems. It wouldn't work at all with the first release of the Microtuner and more than one company had to create an Excursion version of their chip or update their chips to work with them. In other words, you have a quirky computer.

Old 06-24-2004, 11:47 PM
dliguori
Junior User
Oh....well that sucks! Thanks for the info guys, much appriciated!!!

Old 06-25-2004, 07:25 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I don't know if what I described is related or not because PATS is the ignition key security system, just presenting it as a possible link.