Wisconsin Chapter Join Chapter Leader:

going to the badlands June 25-27 Anyone else??

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 04:48 PM
mpcrewcab
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
going to the badlands June 25-27 Anyone else??

Heading down to the Badlands in Attica IN next weekend- leaving friday am early from jefferson should be back mid-late sunday afternoon. Anyone else want to join us and head down. There are 5-6 trucks going.

Mike

Old 06-15-2004, 10:08 PM
kenseth17
Elder User
Wow, a post in the Wisconsin chapter.
I can't go, but have fun.

Old 06-16-2004, 05:47 PM
mpcrewcab
Senior User
I know its ben quiet--been busy around here though-tons of shows and now a couple of trips coming up. Hope to be able to meet up with ya this summer.

Old 06-16-2004, 06:53 PM
kenseth17
Elder User
How did your mustang turn out? never saw pics. I know Kristin emailed me awhile ago about paint for the cyclone, how is that coming along. Wish I had toys like that. Someday I will have a Nova ss, been wanting one with a 396 since highschool, but when I had money, had no time, and now plenty of time, but no money, plus wouldn't be able to afford to drive it even if I did have one.

Old 06-22-2004, 08:06 PM
mpcrewcab
Senior User
the mustang is almost done- been driving it- but a few things left to do on it. I will try and get some pics posted--think the crewcab in a mustang body. It is mostly orange with black molding and black hood cowl.

The cyclone- is stripped and ready to go. hope to get it in this fall. Trying to finish a smaller project (getting the 55 Packard running) Overall its in great original shape so would hope it will run by the fall too. A buddy has a Nova SS he talks from time to time about selling it, if he does I will let you know.

Ran into some speed bumps with the county but looking to be back on track.

Old 06-22-2004, 08:21 PM
kenseth17
Elder User
Wow you got a lot of toys. I finally possibly got a cool side job to do. It is a '67 mustang coupe that needs a few spot patched and it is red now, but said he wants the door jambs and car painted a dark moss green. I will be taken pictures if I get the job, he said he would be bringing it by Satuday. I am so sick of hearing the word body kit. Good luck with your old fords.

Old 06-24-2004, 07:08 AM
mpcrewcab
Senior User
For sure would like to see some pics of that as you go. Sometimes it seems like there are too many projects and not enough time--all though I am sure that is familiar for many.

Wish you were a little closer-would have a couple projects for you.

Old 06-24-2004, 11:23 AM
KJKozak2
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hey MP,

How long of a drive is it from there to Attica? My cousin and I are talking about going sometime this sumer. Unfortunately, this weekend won't work. Wife needs the toy hauler for a horse show.

Kevin K.

Old 06-30-2004, 09:14 PM
mpcrewcab
Senior User
let us know if you head down-- we are planning to probaly head down early sept. like the 1st or 2nd weekend of sept. if that works for you guys. I would say its abotu 5 1/2 hours- a little longer for us as we pull a 36 foot double trailer though.Finished off the 79 camo bronco this past weekend--so will need to get the little bronco halfcab done by the next trip. Also planning to head to Mccaslin/pipeline in early october hopefully.

Mike

Old 07-08-2004, 09:35 PM
kenseth17
Elder User
Well the Mustang is here. What he said was two rust holes once started digging into it is going to be more like 10 to patch. The person who worked on it before stuffed alot of holes with filler. I started grinding one spot with rust bubbles on the rocker panel and a huge chunk of mud fell out as soon as I touched it. Got the worst spot patched and filler on and got metal welded in a few more. Just about got the roll of film finished and if they turn out (just have a cheap little camera, good one broke) I'll put some up. Its a shame how crappy of a job someone did on the previous repairs. They put on new quarter panel pieces and lapped them over the old rusty panel, and must not of cleaned up or used any protection from corrosion. They also have filler on the whole quarters which doesn't make sence if they put in new pieces, should only need filler on the weld seam. I was going to strip down the quarter panels to see what was going on, but the filler was 3/4 of an inch thick so I decided against that idea, not making enough, and already a lot more work then planned. So the goal is to take care of the holes I find and paint it Dark moss Green. The car really needs floor pans, inner rockers, rockers and quarter panels if he was shooting more toward a resto then something to drive around and have fun with. Who knows whats hiding under all that filler, or if there will be problems in other areas the other person worked on.

Old 07-09-2004, 08:51 PM
mpcrewcab
Senior User
Lets see the pics when you get them and if you want another easier project after that one let us know. Mike

Old 07-09-2004, 09:29 PM
kenseth17
Elder User
4 patches welded in so far and bodywork pretty much done on the worst area. Only one more big area to patch and that should take care of most of the big holes, the rest I think are small. Probably will be about 10 patches total, then its bodywork and all the block sanding, fun fun fun. I'll probably shoot a few coats of primer on the whole car. Some areas are pretty wavy, hopefully with blocking it will make it at least a little less wavy. Where is the pictures of your mustang?

Old 07-10-2004, 01:10 PM
mpcrewcab
Senior User
doing some summer cleaning so will get some pics to you of the mustang.