Computer Chips & Tuners  

Questions about Edge Performance Product.

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 05:19 AM
firefighter65
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Questions about Edge Performance Product.

I have a question about my 04 f-250 PSD. I have about 3,000 miles on it and have already installed an edge performance progamer. I have had it on the truck for about 1,000 miles and have been very happy with it. I have concerns though after reading some of the mail on this site. The truck seems to be running great and has tons of power in the #3 setting ie the 80 hp setting. I set it to 4 and 5 only once and it smoked so much I didn't like what I felt it was doing to the motor. It has so much power in the #3 setting with no smoke that I stick to #2 setting around town with better milage and #3 if I want to screw aroud. Sorry Back to my orrigional question. Even though it seems to be running great am I hurting my motor by using it so soon with the added power? Should I put it back to stock for a while and if so for how long? when do I know the truck is broke in? Have I done dammage I am not aware of? I know that people seem to like the preditor better but I like the gauge setup and the back down feature of the edge. I also cant immagine needing any more power than I have with this thing. Even on setting #3 it breaks 35" tires loose.

Also I have noticed a slight drop off of power lately although the truck still runs smooth and does not smoke I have noticed a slight differnece even in the #3 setting. Do I need to clean out my injecors? I have never used any additives and never cleaned out my water seperator. Any help would be appreciated.

Chris............

Old 06-14-2004, 09:36 AM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
No, you're not hurting your truck's engine with the added power. How well the tranny does is unknown because the Edge is not a chip or programmer. It does not reprogram the transmission with the added power in mind which is why some people experience weird shifts in the higher power settings. The primary endinge killer on turbo'd diesels is heat. If the temps stay down then longevity should not be any issue so long as the truck is maintained properly. As to the power decrease, without pulling codes or knowing more about it I can't tell you a solution. It could be any number of things.