New York Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: tiny1

Decided to Sell

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 10:11 PM
Jdenninger
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got an email the other day. the guy who was to buy my 89 bronco is going to be stuck at an "UNDISCLOSED" location in the air force for at least another year and won't be able to complete the sale of the bronco. Now... do i rebuild the engine or try to sell again????????

Old 08-25-2004, 09:59 PM
ST_Wilson
Senior User
Hey Jeff, sorry I haven't been around in a bit, company got nuts and I had to do some travel time... I'd say the question is how do you like your "new" old truck and can ya afford to keep em both... if owning one truck is good owning two trucks... Heck, the older one is emissions exempt which means you can get real stupid with the motor in her and keep the other one fairly stock for "good gas mileage" whatever that is. good luck either way buddy. I may be out a Smith Point tomorrow if your interested, probably 'round 6:30 if I get to go.

Old 08-25-2004, 10:40 PM
Jdenninger
Elder User
ST good to hear from ya again. I wish the 79 was exempt. when i last took it for an inspection they said curb emmisions had to be done?!?! I thought anything more than 25 yrs old and non catalyst was exempt. The 79 already has been modified and doubtful it would even pass a curb emmission. Right now i do have both trucks still, and the wife wants to buy a THIRD!!! Looking at a few in the area. some good some i wouldn't touch if you paid me to take it. Smiths point, I need to take it real easy on the beach, broke a shock right out of the tower last time out. All 6 in the truck are dead. BTW 6pm or AM. PM i might try to make it. I'm actually not far from you . I'm in n. patchogue. let me know if you going via the forums or by instant message or call my cell. its posted on the meschutt beach post.

Old 08-26-2004, 01:10 PM
ST_Wilson
Senior User
thats bad news about the shock Jeff, as far as the emissions go, check the DMV website, they hook it up to the machine but towards the end of the inspection it offers the tech the option to issue a safety only inspection, thats all you need. I will hopefully be out on the point at 6:30 ish pm tonight. As far as the shock goes, is it a rusty mount that needs some steel welded in or did the shock just give up. I will probably just be by cut 1a anyway, friend of mine is supposed to take his truck too and he has it heavy with tools.