Michigan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Toyman

OK...no mudboggers here, How about people who like to get their 4x4 dirty?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 06:58 AM
tellico racing
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK...no mudboggers here, How about people who like to get their 4x4 dirty?

I can't believe I am the only mudbogger in the chapter. None the less, Does anybody offroad their 4x4?

I would like to see some of my FTE brothers and sisters out at the bogs listed at www.momsmotorsports.com .

There are classes for stock trucks to compete in....if you are scared of running against me

Old 06-12-2004, 08:53 AM
Jimjdb1
Elder User
Let me see if I got this right, you want me to take a truck I paid $40,000 for and run it through a bunch of mud for your amusement? Even I have more brains than that. And my wife will tell you I aint got no brains at all. If I get some time off here in the near future I will try to get out to see you guys play in the mud.

Enjoy yourself Tellico.

Jim

Old 06-13-2004, 06:06 PM
nitrorod
Freshman User
Well I get my truck dirty and I think I have a brain. Why eles would you have a 4x4?

Old 06-13-2004, 06:53 PM
nex813
Junior User
Who says there are no Mudders here? There's plenty of us up here by Big Rapids, plus we have a mud bog in Reed City and another in Hershey. Both within a 15 minute drive.

Old 06-13-2004, 08:13 PM
tellico racing
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by nex813
Who says there are no Mudders here? There's plenty of us up here by Big Rapids, plus we have a mud bog in Reed City and another in Hershey. Both within a 15 minute drive.

That was a reference to an earlier post I made...to which nobody replied.

The bogs in Reed city and Hawkins ect, Are the ones listed on the link I posted above.

So do you wheel your truck? And will you be going to the Reed City bog on father's day weekend?

Old 06-14-2004, 05:47 AM
tellico racing
Posting Guru
OOPS. The bog is the following weekend...not on fathers day weekend.

Old 06-14-2004, 02:06 PM
nex813
Junior User
yeah, sorry, didn't notice the link earlier.

I would like to go but knowing my luck, I will have to work. But thats no problem because I have a nice natural bog on my hunting property that my friends, family and I run and test our trucks in.

Old 08-01-2004, 10:48 PM
Nude_2_Shot
New User
i love to bogg but my truck is not a ford. lol. its a chevy but i am looking for boggs in the mid michigan area. we run in the albright shores bogg but would love to try something new.

Old 08-16-2004, 10:17 PM
tmrider
Junior User
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by nex813
I`m from Luther but work in the detroit area and if your refering to the mothers mud mog been there a few times and I`m getting my truck set up for that.Might take awhile trying to rebuild.Tony

Old 08-18-2004, 06:16 AM
tellico racing
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by tmrider
if your refering to the mothers mud mog
Actually the name is "mom's mud bog". "Mom" is the owner's last name.

www.momsmotorsports.com

Old 08-22-2004, 08:58 PM
tmrider
Junior User
Originally Posted by tellico racing
Actually the name is "mom's mud bog". "Mom" is the owner's last name.

www.momsmotorsports.com
Sorry about that. I knew it was moms but I was`nt paying att. when I typed it in.I`m a 1 finger typer.

Old 09-05-2004, 08:27 PM
Covert Ops
New User
I like to get my 4x4 dirty, and stuck... Last time I had my F-150 out wheeling in the Gladwin area I got 'er stuck in a whole (ice was not thick enough) for 3.5 hours. We used a high lift as a come along as there was nobody with a vehicle that could pull me out. It was winter... lots of snow... The ranger, s-10, I was with drove right over the ice... My F-150 went right throug up to the hood.

Old 09-15-2004, 02:12 PM
rhodieb93
New User
I have a jeep wrangler, and although i don't mud bog it, i have gone trail riding a few times, and can see where it could become addictiing. A friend gave it a 4" lift and found some 33" 'super swampers' for it. Gave it rear posi, I'm thinking it'll off road. We have had lots of fun on trails near St. Helens.

Old 09-15-2004, 11:10 PM
16secondP71
Freshman User
Muddin' is fun, it's the cleanin' afterwards that keeps me from doing it. I took my Super Duty through a mud hole out on the Silver Lake sand dunes Labor day weekend, I just now finished cleaning all the weeds and grass out from under it.

I had a '79 F-100 last summer that I took through the mud 3 times, and then the tranny went. Luckily I'm a mechanic and the rebuild only cost me $130(parts)... I decided not to charge myself any labor for the job.

I'll be headed back up to Silver Lake this weekend and then that's it for the old Powerstroke... I'm looking at buying a '79 F-250 next week(can we say "Trailer Queen"?) it's just too expensive to fix the SuperDuty when it breaks. Only thing I've broken at the dunes was the trans and I managed to find a FREE replacement(don't ask).

Old 09-16-2004, 03:12 AM
rhodieb93
New User
Now see.......i'm new to 4x4's but have been told that the dunes are the worse thing you can do for them. I don't "mud" my jeep, but learned a valuable lesson about trail riding with the top down.....if you see a puddle even if it looks shallow and innocent, take the 3 minutes to put the top up before you try it.........yeah, clean up.

Quick Reply: OK...no mudboggers here, How about people who like to get their 4x4 dirty?