1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

sad farewell

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2004, 03:54 PM
AwolDog5
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sad farewell

hey guys
I need to emphasize right off "I am not advertising my truck for sale"
I just need y'alls opinion as to what a good starting price should be
I already got in trouble with the 61-66 guys (wrong forum)
she aint much to look at but shes straight and complete
thanks guys look for her listing in the classifieds
Erik

Old 06-11-2004, 05:52 PM
Schoonie48F2
Senior User
So which one is it?

Old 06-11-2004, 07:27 PM
AwolDog5
Junior User
"59 f-100 step side

Old 06-11-2004, 10:14 PM
mr4speedford
Posting Guru
Eric, never did anything with that 57-60 book you thought of? Anyways, it's been awhile, give us a detailed description of the truck. -4speed

Old 06-12-2004, 02:07 AM
AwolDog5
Junior User
im still taking and collecting pics of 57-60"s....yeah its been awhile since i posted work got in the way of life....lol....now homeowners association wants truck gone.....almost thought I woke up in russia
well her paints pretty rough but she only has two small dings and i already have replacement parts (1 ea.NOS tailgait never installed) shes complete and I drive her 30 miles a day to work 3 speed 223
My family is second owners ma bell owned her first
I tried to post a classified but wasnt able might try e-bay
Im a old school photographer....35MM not to good with digital....will try to have son download some pics
you guys are alot more tolerant than the 61-66 guys
thanks again
Erik
AwOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Old 06-12-2004, 07:39 AM
merc546
Posting Guru
Hi

Are you saying that you are allowing a homeowners association (your neighbors) tell you what vehicle you can drive?

Chuck

Old 06-12-2004, 08:08 AM
Sixoh
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Listen to this: There's a friend here in my mom & dad's neighborhood who has a restored '69 Camaro and '66 Chevelle (Hey, I don't draw lines in the sand, I like all vintage American iron). Anyhow, he had his Chevelle parked on the grass (he lives on the corner). Some IDIOTIC woman down the street, a neighbor, came by this week and said,

"Could you get your car off the grass? I don't appreciate that!" WHAT THE *@#&!

There's no Homeowner's Assoc. here, thank God. Mister, I would leave the neighborhood and keep the truck. Those Assoc.'s may have been begun with noble intentions, but what you wind up with is people telling you what you can and can't do. UNACCEPTABLE! Also this week in Columbus, a family has "Lost their community swimming and tennis priveledges because their shingles don't match their neighbors. They don't conform to what the previous owners agreed to in 1981".

I'm sorry to go on, but man, you posted that BS you're dealing with right when I get 2 instances of that happening here................I'm done now.

Old 06-12-2004, 11:50 AM
AwolDog5
Junior User
Yeah you think its a great idea at first....what harm could they do right? well they have my signature agreeing to there rules.....besides that im only allowed 2 parking places and we are a 3 car family.......with gas prices what they are...it cost me $10.00 a day to drive it to work......so I was forced to buy a more economical vehicle.....I will definetly fight as far as I can ....I will some day finish a "59 maybe just not this one....
Thanks all
Erik
aw0000000000000

Old 06-12-2004, 07:13 PM
Scot
Laughing Gas
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Erik, I would put it in storage before I sold it.

Old 06-12-2004, 10:03 PM
kooper909
Elder User
Augh! What happens if you tell the Homeowner's Association to shove it?

Old 06-12-2004, 10:26 PM
innecity4wheelin
Senior User
oh my bleeping god! i wanna puke. i would definitely find a bargaining chip. gota be some leverage you can get against the snooty tuty fruits to let them get back to baggin their secretaries and telling eachother just how high n mighty they are. can you lay purple astro turf? what are the range of colors you can paint your house? there has to be something they cant tell you to do they wish they could but cant. this is a outrage! guys we gotta pull IDEAS together n help a ford brother out! gotta be something you can bring against them, its your small piece of fraggin land that you work for n pay for and still dont own and cant even be burried on when you croak. i get so sick of the uneccesary do's and donts, granted rules and no fun are a fact of life, but who are they! i am pray'n for you man. this generally isnt the place to get fired over the government taking away our rods, but i hear all to often the city is going to come on so n so's property n tow their property away, because of this n that. or perfectly good cars that cant be titled b/c they are too old, or wrenchin in your own yard, ....i could probaly go on

Old 06-12-2004, 10:34 PM
innecity4wheelin
Senior User
not to mention old ones in decent shape are a gettin rare,all about supply n demand, just look at the appreciation of the price of a 57 chev in the last 10 or even 5 years. get em while you can n hold onto em, because before long you wont even be able to get regular for them. probaly about the only thing worth investing in anymore.

Old 06-13-2004, 10:49 AM
Glackowitz
Senior User
I have a similar Home owner rules in my neighborhood, and my truck sits backed in the drive way...all most all the front sheet metal is off and along side of house. The guy that heads up the assoc. lives across the street from me and asked what I was doing to the truck and I explained to him what I was going to do, his reply was not in the driveway your not are you? and I replied to him yes as my garage isnt big enough for both cars and to have one of them torn apart. Well he gets on me about the rules and I kindle reply to him about the mounting of his sat dish....its in plain view from the street as well as 8-10 other homes on the street, so if you want to complain about my truck and have a meeting on it, just remember about how many people are going to lose their sat dishes over your not liking the truck in my driveway, and if the city gets involved I can move my truck in a matter of minutes while you cant move your dish quickly, who will recieve the citation?? and involve the rest of the neighbors?? well now he is one of my better neighbors and has an older car in the driveway as well getting ready for restoration

Glack
""damn neighborhood rules,,,who follows them??""

Old 06-13-2004, 01:36 PM
innecity4wheelin
Senior User
thats what i m talkin about! whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

Old 06-14-2004, 11:34 AM
56Jeff
Junior User
What size is your shoe?

Wow.. Gas Prices jump up and you get a verbal from the " Politically Correct Coalition", and you cave in?? You should watch OCC choppers and tell the same thing Paul sr. tells everybody.. " how'd you like a dozen burried in your A$$ !!!

I would not sell.. get it running, put a sign on it 4 sale and have all your friends come over and test drive it after you took the mufflers off. Right in front of the Correct coalition houses about 3 times a week, letting them know you are activally persuing a sale. Hey you can set the standard for trashy in your neighborhood. But that's me. I usually push back at this stuff Unless my Mom tells me to behave, Because your mom usually knows best.

this is your life, Have some fun..

My 56cents worth..

Quick Reply: sad farewell