Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

Where are some of the other ga members?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 10:44 PM
FordF-350woman
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Where are some of the other ga members?

I'm wondering where some of the 1st GA members are. I've read most of the post in the Ga chapter and some of the 1st ones that got on here don't post in here anymore. I've sent out a few emails to them but I'm wondering if anybody knows where some of them are. So you 1sters where are you????????

Old 07-19-2004, 02:50 PM
EffieFord
Senior User
I got your email. I don't come here anymore. Unless I'm looking for something in particular.

Old 07-19-2004, 07:01 PM
oldblue18
Elder User
Hi, Fordf-350Woman--I got your e-mail,too. I've stopped visiting this site for a number of reasons. I got tired of answering the same questions over and over and over...I was not impressed with the way the site was run. I don't agree with some of the calls that have been made by the admin and his cronies --the way that members have to "donate" so they can use options that are standard on ANY other message board. I found another site with a great group of folks that don't enforce their own store with links to items mentioned in threads. AND they don't bleep out any mention of other vendors. The other site is smaller...more personal (we can even PM each other ), it's more focused on off-roading and the Full Size Bronco.

Oh, BTW--we have M&G's too.. in fact, there was one in Marietta Ga this weekend... and the owner of "Site X" drove all the way from Virginia just to attend.

Thanks for the offer, but no thanks--I like this other site WAAAAAY better

Old 07-19-2004, 07:06 PM
EffieFord
Senior User
Originally Posted by oldblue18
Hi, Fordf-350Woman--I got your e-mail,too. I've stopped visiting this site for a number of reasons. I got tired of answering the same questions over and over and over...I was not impressed with the way the site was run. I don't agree with some of the calls that have been made by the admin and his cronies --the way that members have to "donate" so they can use options that are standard on ANY other message board. I found another site with a great group of folks that don't enforce their own store with links to items mentioned in threads. AND they don't bleep out any mention of other vendors. The other site is smaller...more personal (we can even PM each other ), it's more focused on off-roading and the Full Size Bronco.

Oh, BTW--we have M&G's too.. in fact, there was one in Marietta Ga this weekend... and the owner of "Site X" drove all the way from Virginia just to attend.

Thanks for the offer, but no thanks--I like this other site WAAAAAY better

Wow, you said exactly what I was thinkin'!

Old 07-19-2004, 09:34 PM
old87
Posting Guru
Guess I'll stick with the crappy folks who know how to have a good time .
And also have the knowledge to answer the tech questions when no one else can.
Also, well damn. We just JAM!!

Old 07-20-2004, 06:26 AM
GrayRanger4x4
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EffieFord , oldblue18 Sorry y'll feel that way.I dont know where you got the idea that you have to pay for anything here. You can pay or donate if you like and get a few more opptions.I dont pay and I still feel welcome every time I come here. I dont agree with everything the admin or some of the users do or say on here but I will not leave for that reasome.You 2 need to stop by more often and see how things have changed.You might find out it has got a lote better.
Oh ya I cam PM people here so thart one dont count anymore.LOL

Old 07-20-2004, 08:24 AM
EffieFord
Senior User
Originally Posted by GrayRanger4x4
You 2 need to stop by more often and see how things have changed.
That's the problem. I know how it changed and didn't like it. I was on the email list with Ken and the folks before there ever was an FTE forum. I was around when Ken quit his job to take on FTE full time, and it just got too big here for me to enjoy it.

Old 07-20-2004, 09:57 AM
FordF-350woman
Senior User
Ok. Everyone has their reasons. I was just wondering what happened to some of you. I've had a really good time here and just thought that ya'll might enjoy it too. Thank you for your honesty. Different strokes for different folks.
Michelle

Old 07-26-2004, 05:09 AM
shrike
Senior User
i'm bitin my tongue on this one

Old 07-28-2004, 08:02 PM
loveoldtrux
Senior User
Howdy ya'll ~~...
I'm still hanging around between Rome and Alpharetta; drivin' back and forth with a built 466+. I come here and lurk, otherwise I try to help guys / gals out at the 73-79 and 460 Forums. I can't "lurk" too much as I do this while working and if the boss catches me....I'm toast.....

know what I mean?....

Old 07-30-2004, 10:26 PM
78bubba ed.
Freshman User
im quite new here and its been quite good. a warm welcome and people who are more than happy to lend a hand is always better than how good a website is, imo. but hey, its all good.

Old 08-01-2004, 08:32 PM
wildjon300ci
Posting Guru
I don't come here as much as I used to...Ken is a great guy and everything but I don't come here as often as lets say, a year and a half ago. The people here are great, just some of the annoyances of seeing the same questions a million times and vendors that have items that motorhaven doesn't stock being censored out kind of annoy me.