2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Would you buy your 04 F-150 again?
Yes - I love it, no problems, very satisfied
50.88%
Yes - A few problems, nothing that wasn't easily fixed
26.32%
Maybe - Problems have been dissapointing, I'll think twice next time
12.28%
No - Problems have just been too many, Ford can do much better
10.53%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Would you buy again?

Old 06-04-2004, 03:57 PM
Threadhead
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Toreador
Yes, yes, yes and triple that!!! You should check my past posts reviewing my Lariat. This truck is so enjoyable, it's now my preferred entertainment choice!!! The more I drive it, the more I want to drive it. I even look forward to going to work, just for the ride!!! This Lariat rules. Like Nike said: JUST DO IT!!!
And you are in Tucson, correct?

Part of what has given me the jitters is probs with the A/C. As you know, it is 112d (as I look outside at the thermo), and if the the A/C doesn't work well, life is miserable. I did notice that when I took a test drive this past weekend that the A/C didn't seem to be able to realy cool the cab quickly. Yet when we got back in our Honda Pilot, it flat out froze your nibs off.

How has your A/C been? Do you have the auto-climate controls (out test ride did)?

Thanks!
Threadhead (in Phoenix)

Old 06-04-2004, 06:06 PM
Droog
Junior User
I've had my FX4 for almost a month now. Zero problems, and I'd get it again in a heartbeat.

Old 06-04-2004, 06:31 PM
Toreador
Elder User
Originally Posted by Threadhead
And you are in Tucson, correct?

Part of what has given me the jitters is probs with the A/C. As you know, it is 112d (as I look outside at the thermo), and if the the A/C doesn't work well, life is miserable. I did notice that when I took a test drive this past weekend that the A/C didn't seem to be able to realy cool the cab quickly. Yet when we got back in our Honda Pilot, it flat out froze your nibs off.

How has your A/C been? Do you have the auto-climate controls (out test ride did)?

Thanks!
Threadhead (in Phoenix)
We've been hitting 105* here lately. As I said in the AC thread the AC is working great. Cools down very quickly and on longer drives gets a bit chilly. Glad, cause as you know living in Arizona you need AC. My Lariat seems to work better (AC wise) than my XLT did. The Lariats have the auto-climate controls. Good luck with it.

Old 06-04-2004, 06:44 PM
shaper
Senior User
Sorry some of you are having problems.I sure hope you get them worked out and I understand I would feel the same way as all of you.All I know is I might be lucky but this thing is so sweet .Supercrew lariet 4x2 bought Nov.03.

Old 06-04-2004, 09:23 PM
froste
Senior User
I would definitly buy agian! I love the new 04's. I haven't had any trouble with it as of yet (knock on wood).

Old 06-04-2004, 10:10 PM
bigplayrayr
Senior User
If I could get rid of my vibration problems for good, I would love this truck. If you go to buy, make sure you test drive it overnight.

Old 06-04-2004, 10:48 PM
Flash
Posting Guru
My answer is NO. Lets forget the whining rear end(it's normal), the occasional A/C (it's normal), the distorted windshield (it's normal), the noisy brakes (it's normal), the parking brake that doesn't release( it's normal), Ford was looking to and has reduced content of the new F-150. My 02 SCrew was a much better truck and had more value than this junk I bought 2 months ago. My 02 had lots of storage behind the rear seats- none to be had in the 04. The 02 had a light under the hood- 04 has no light. The list goes on and on. For a $30,000 XLT, this is a joke even if everything was perfect on the truck. There is a point when a consumer has to say- it ain't worth what yer asking. That's my answer and it's my money. My next truck will also be over priced, but it won't be a Ford. After buying Ford products for the last 30 years, some good, some not so good, this will be my last. Too bad, I can remember when you couldn't give a Ford away and Chevy was the king of the trucks. Like GM, Ford has managed to ignore the folks that keep them in business, namely the dealers and the consumer. Like GM, the lesson will most likely be learned but at a terrible cost. With any luck at all, Ford may even survive.

Old 06-04-2004, 11:08 PM
froste
Senior User
Well i see Flash isn't to happy with his ride, i feel for u man i've been there with other makes. I don't mean to sound rude but their are lemons in every make out there. You just have to keep your fingers crossed and hope the one you buy isn't. I bought my truck back in october of 03 when they first came out. Like i said before i haven't had any trouble with my STX scab 4X4, could be because i bought mine earlier or just got lucky, don't know. I do know that there are more pros than cons on this thread. Threadhead---Just go by what the poll reads.

Old 06-05-2004, 04:24 AM
Hawaii 5-0
New User
On the fence too....

(My first post! Whoohoo!) I'm not a Ford owner (yet) also and appreciate the feedback you guys are giving on this topic. I currently own a Toyota Tacoma DoubleCab 4x4 and while I'm happy with it, I need more room in the back for the kiddies. Just had another child (third) and want to be able to take the whole family out at once. Can't do that with the Tacoma. My wife would say I don't really need a new truck, but that's my excuse for looking anyway! What's the resale value on Fords? For Toyotas they are pretty good. Thanks again guys!

Old 06-05-2004, 05:26 AM
hovy
Senior User
YES! Very satisfied! This lariat is a pleasure to drive. After many new trucks over the years (a lemon or two also in there) this is an outstanding designed truck. Good solid handling , smooth but truck like ride, controls are easy to get to, interior is beautiful as well as the exterior, motor is adequate ( This coming from a v10 lariat) and the tranny is as smooth as cream cheese!! How soon some of us forget the kidney shakers these work trucks were in the past. These new trucks just keep getting better and better.

Old 06-05-2004, 04:59 PM
ultramax21
Senior User
I would buy my FX4 over again for sure! I'm one of the lucky ones that got a "perfect" truck with out the shimmies/vibes etc, etc, etc.... Have throughly enjoyed driving it since day one. Only time I don't enjoy it is when I have to park in a parking lot full of shopping carts and jealous people.

Old 06-05-2004, 08:51 PM
rljphx
Junior User
I would buy my lariat screw again and again and again. It's a great truck. For the record, 112 degrees in Phoenix this week. A/C worked great. Set on 74 degrees. Blows hard and cold. Cab cools quickly and fan slows down due to low temp in cab.

Old 06-06-2004, 05:57 AM
canucktruck04
New User
No problems whatsoever. Everything fits well, runs well, and looks great.
No question, I would buy again.
Mike

Old 06-06-2004, 08:16 AM
Threadhead
Freshman User
I can't thank everyone enough for their honest and forthwright answers.

Drum Roll Please

Maybe you can tell from my sig, I went for the Lariet yesterday.

Old 06-06-2004, 02:11 PM
acarlisletx
Junior User
I will never buy another F150. My F150 Lariat had the following:

1) vibration problem 40 - 60
2) AC that won't cool properly
3) Brake rotors machined twice in 15k miles
4) Premature wearing of the leather seats
5) Ford refusing to replace the vehicle

I'm too busy to deal with the DSB or lemon law process. I'm now driving a GMC Sierra with cold AC and no vibrations.

The main reason I won't buy again is the dealer and Ford refusing to make it right by replacing the vehicle. I understand every manufacturer will build a bad one once in a while but Ford obviously doesn't care if I ever buy one again.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Would you buy again?