Arizona Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Price for a lift?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 09:25 AM
FFighterStu
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Price for a lift?

Hi guys. I live in Phx and am looking to get my 2003 f150 2wd lifted. I've called around various places like Offroad Unlimited, Desert Rat, Lifted Trucks and each of them quoted me around $1,800 for a 6" lift. Does anyone know of a cheaper place to get it done at, without sacrificing quality?

Thanks

Old 06-07-2004, 08:47 PM
Commo
Senior User
I got mine from Rocky Mountain.

They are on the web and were great to work with.

Roland
Sierra Vista

Old 06-07-2004, 11:07 PM
FFighterStu
Junior User
how much? what's the URL? how high of a lift?

Old 06-08-2004, 02:49 PM
Commo
Senior User
It depends.

http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/fd4_F150_80-96.htm

1-800-521-4908

I did 4 inches.

Roland

Old 06-08-2004, 03:05 PM
FFighterStu
Junior User
Cool, thanks for the info.

Old 07-07-2004, 03:26 PM
5.4AZ4X4
Senior User
I have a small aftermarket/wheel/tire/spray-in liner shop in the East Valley that is "DUE" to open on the 16th. I don't know how far you want to drive for a lift but let me check with my suppliers and see if I can get you a better price on that lift. You have a 2003 F-150 2wd. 4.6? ex-cab? auto? I may need to know these things. Do you know what kind of wheels and tires your going have? Are you installing it yourself? Is there a certain brand you are looking at?

Sorry about the pop quiz. Have you read about and considered attending the chapter meeting? There are a few posts that talk about it in this forum. Maybe you can help us out with some ideas. -Mike

Old 07-14-2004, 08:53 PM
5.4AZ4X4
Senior User
Hey there Mike here again. Looks like im going to have two replies in a row. Anyhow that suspension lift you are looking for I found. I can do a Fabtech 6in lift on your Ford F-150 for $1900 INSTALLED. If this is a project you would like to tackle on your own you can get into that lift for $1550.

Old 07-15-2004, 08:47 PM
ANdrewdrice
Elder User
watch out about these sorts of transactions on this site, the moderators dont like it. use the email link on the user name.

Old 07-17-2004, 11:25 AM
Phoggybottom
New User
Hey guys--I'm new to the board and posted this elsewhere, but I am in Arizona so I thought I'd throw it out here as well. The shops/resources already listed in the thread look great/thanks.

I am considering a 1980 Econoline 150 with a 2" Lift. Tire size is 31x10.50x15". The front tires appear to toe in at the bottom. Is this suspect or indicative of serious problems, or is it common in the 80 model because of the I-beam or other suspension equipment?? I don't have further info at this time, such as tire wear or particular lift components. Any advice/wisdom would be appreciated. Thanks!! And, any other particulars to check on an '80 before purchasing?

Old 07-17-2004, 05:51 PM
5.4AZ4X4
Senior User
ANdrewdrice- I agree you and apologise for posting that info about being able to do work and give deals on here for my shop. I have been a member on here long before I have been in business on my own. I tried in here not to come off as someone on here to promote my shop. I was honestly trying to help the guy out because I really can. The thing is, I am in the aftermarkey industry and when I see a post of a fellow FTE member wanting something and getting charged way more then they should I HAVE to say something. I cant just let that go. I will use the E-Mail link if this happens in the future. If anybody likes, I can still be used as a refrence for anything like availability on what is out there and what you should pay for it.

Phoggybottom-- Im not sure the set-up on that 1980 Van. You may want to look for a 2in spacer in the springs if it has I-Beam fron suspensiopn. That would cause a front toe-in. A 2in lift doesnt sound like a actual suspension lift, more of a block and spacer lift. Which dont get me wrong, it doesnt make it bad, its just not practicle to spend all the $$ to completely re-do the whole suspension for 2in of list when a few spacers will do the trick. BUT again, I dont know much about that model, call it an educated guess. As for things to watch out for, I'd suggest looking at things like the color of the coolant, the spark-plug wires, oil, tranny oil, etc to make sure the vehicle wasnt neglected of any maintence. Also look under for leaks like infamous rear main.

Old 07-17-2004, 07:25 PM
Phoggybottom
New User
Thanks AZ! If I get it, I'll try to hook up with you for a look see/prognosis on the most cost-effective way to straighten up the tires. I'm in Chandler so that would be very convenient. I'm hoping it's something simple like that and I can be up and running for not a lot of $$.

Old 07-18-2004, 01:59 PM
ANdrewdrice
Elder User
good man 5.4az4x4, I dont have a problem with you using your info on availability, estimates on time, and pricing, as well as other helpful bits of info. We do all thank you because this info is helpful to all of us, and it makes things easier in some cases. I was only warning you (and everybody else) before this post went in a selling direction, if you want to make a sale on this site, use the email, thats whats its there for. thank you for listening to my lecture.

Old 10-19-2004, 03:43 PM
dorianrey
Freshman User
Question price on a four inch lift

im looking for a good prcie on a 4 inch lift on a 2003 f150 light duty. well if anybody ahs any info hit me up. thanx. laters

Old 10-19-2004, 09:58 PM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
How much bigger do you want to go on tires? Do you have any preference for shocks, lift kits, etc? Depending on the size tire you want to run, you may want to think about regearing. I think the f150's have 3.55's or 3.73's in 'em (5.4az4x4 will know more and could probably help since he has a f150). I know putting anything more than a 33 will definitely affect your performance. I went from bone stock in my F250 to 36's (now have 37's) and the performance went down the crapper. It's not horribly bad, I can still spin 'em but I'd still like to run 4.56's-88's down the road. Anyways, just something to consider when thinking about it all. As far as prices, you might want to try the regulars, superduty headquarters, desert rat, etc JUST to get an estimate (to see what you're in for). Keep us posted with what you come up with and we can guide you (or at least try to) in the right direction and possibly recommend other shops (if needed).

matt

Old 10-25-2004, 01:57 PM
harleyjarrett
New User
If you are still looking for a suspension lift, check out BDS Suspension. Google it and click on web site. good luck.