Online meetings for Chapter Leaders?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 08:45 PM
cowlady
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay - I got the invitation but I can't figure out how to add the room. Let me know when someone is in there & then invite me in ok? Maybe I can add it that way. Thanks!

Old 06-24-2004, 09:19 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend

I haven'tot my invite yet but am ready. When you get your invite go to the room and in that window click on chat in the upper left side, go to the favorites in the drop down and click add room that should put you in.

Old 06-24-2004, 10:24 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
When in the room..click FILE, then FAVORITE ROOMS then add the room.

I guess we better set an evening when we, or some of us can get there and work all the bugz out. I'll try to be there to help out. Next couple days, wife is off on vacation and I finally have a couple days off so we may go play a bit, but should be home at nite.

Old 06-24-2004, 10:26 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend

Got my invite and have added room to favorites. Now to figure out how to block out all other traffic.

Old 06-25-2004, 07:53 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Unfortunately with a free messenger, you also get advertising. Sometimes the chat screen even shrinks and you have to leave the room, reboot messenger and then come back to get a full screen again.

A lot of folks don't like the newest Messenger. So here is a link..just click it..and you can download the version I currently use. http://www.freecreed.com/ymsgr-archive.html this is the main site, with a bunch of different versions.. don't load anything older than a 5.6... version. I personally use this one---> 5.6.0.1339 .. just click it if you want an instant download.

If you already have messenger loaded... you will need to delete it before downloading an older version. The instructions for that are in the first link.

Now.... normal people absolutely hate the advertising on yahoo, so they download one of two programs. I only have the web address for Ytunnel, but as soon as I can get the address for Yahelite, I'll post it too.

http://www.ytunnelpro.com/
This is Ytunnel. It protects you from booters, advertisements and a list of other things. It is a one time pay of $17 and worth every penny of it. Chet keeps on top of boot codes and other exploits as they come out. As is expected...it is a constantly ongoing battle. Go to the website above and read about the features. Chet is currently working on a brand new form of ytunnel that is supposed to surpass the current issue. I find that hard to believe, but after using Ytunnel for several years now....I am very impressed with the work this young man has accomplished. Oh.. there is a free version of the tunnel also, but it doesn't have ALL the features. It's kept up to date also..as Chet finds time, while working on several other ideas and making new builds for the current issue.

Yahelite... since I've never used it, I can't say a lot about it, except that it's free. You are supposed to be protected from boots, advertising and other malicious activities, like Ytunnel. I will try to find the link to it tonight and post it here. It takes some learning to use...as does Ytunnel. Personally, from watching other people talk about it...I think I'll stick to Ytunnel. But it does work good.

Well... I rebuilt the room last nite. I didn't change a thing in my favorites list and clicked the link and was taken right to it. So..no one should have any problems getting there, if you have it saved to favorites. Still haven't heard from some of the others, but chatted with fordborn last nite before I started becoming waffle faced...thats when you are snoring with your face on the keyboard. Voice is activated in the room...all you need is a good sound card, a mic, speakers and or a headset and you can chat live. Yahoo has pretty good voice qualities....I sang and have listened to others for years now.

OK..nuff babbling for this time. Let me know if anyone is having any problems.

Last edited by Fordlover1951; 06-25-2004 at 07:58 PM.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:41 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend

fordlover, i got the older version in place but when I unloaded the other I lost the room so I will need another invite. Also use the ytunnel and seems to be working good. Thanks

Old 07-07-2004, 11:54 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Well, by golly... we have the room set up and now I guess we need to coordinate a day and time for meetings. I'd suggest a Wednesday or Thursday nite meeting just to meet my own schedule. And so that people on the left coast can meet with the ones on the right coast ( and us stuck in the middle) at a decent time.

Does everyone now have the room set up? I've only seen a couple people in the room so Im not sure. Perhaps we should start a thread labled "Chapter Leaders Chat on Yahoo" and give the instructions that I have posted here so more can get the room set up???

Just to let all you leaders know..this room is for all of us to use at any time. So several states could schedule meetings in this forum and we can all go from there.

Old 07-08-2004, 06:59 PM
cowlady
Elder User
Well I still haven't found the room. Can you invite me again, maybe when you're in there? Let me know when & I'll do my best to be there ok? Thanks. I REALLY need to talk to you guys.

Old 07-08-2004, 07:18 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend

cowlady, I sent you an invite hope it works. I am fordtruck785

Old 07-08-2004, 07:58 PM
cowlady
Elder User
Got it! I added the room too! Thanks! BTW - we're in chat now so where is everyone else????????

Last edited by cowlady; 07-08-2004 at 08:40 PM.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:39 PM
fordborn
Post Fiend

All chapter leaders - we have a room set up now on yahoo to chat and would like to set it up to meet there on thursday evenings to chat with each other and get ideas on things we can do with our chapters. Please join us. Those that have not recieved and invite to the room let me know your user name and I will get an invite to you. Email me for info if you want. Hope we can get a good turnout.

Old 07-10-2004, 09:14 PM
cowlady
Elder User
It was fun chatting the other nite - we need to do this weekly! I'll be there whenever the rest decide on a time. C'mon guys - let's chat!

Old 08-14-2004, 02:30 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Well, I have been busier tha last three weeks than I care to admit. Every time I go to the room its as empty as the day I made it. One thing wierd... I try to get in there with this name, and I always end up landing whith one of my other aliases, so if a stranger pops in...and finds y'all there, it's probably me. In yahoo you can have up to 6 different aliases. You know what... another place for us to chat would be in Paltalk...www.paltalk.com , you can create rooms there too and the sound quality is great. ( And the music rooms have some terriffic singers!! And better sound quality than yahoo and no booters.) Plus the rooms can either be private by invitation only, password protected or open. Each room has its own moderators with power to boot bad elements out. But since we haven't met regularly on yahoo...duh... we'll get it coordinated one nite. It should be fairly early and on a set day or evening.
See ya's all later.

Old 08-14-2004, 09:27 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Have you all been doing this? I haven't gotten set up yet, so I should probably be getting into it...

Old 08-14-2004, 09:34 AM
fordborn
Post Fiend

I keep looking but haven't found but 1 in there yet. Cowlady is setup and has been to the room. Lets try and get a date and time and try again