Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

chapter logo poll

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 10:09 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
chapter logo poll

well these were three logos that were submitted.... keep in mind that the clarity will be improved when they are actually printed, plus colors can be changed, you are to pick only a "design", text can be added, colors changed, you are basically picking out a scheme, and the FTE logo will still be incorporated. you may vote for more than one...

Attached Images    
Old 05-25-2004, 10:17 PM
88grandmarquis
Laughing Gas
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I like #1. Nice and simple. Though, I do like #2, also.

Old 05-25-2004, 10:24 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
I think number 2 on the pocket and the big FTE logo on the back with "High Plains Chapter" in Italics on the bottom....

Old 05-26-2004, 09:39 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

The only colors that can be changed are the lettering. I took all three images off the Internet, so it would be a major issue to change the horseman's coloring. The lettering is only a matter of using the right program and fine tuning the text coloring to go with the decided logo.

Tonight I will work more on them. I had been up for 38 hours before finally getting some rest , so the work on them was a tad tedious, before I got the final results.

Actually #3 prints out the best for an enlarged version. I had to lighten the coloring so that it wasn't all too bright reddish and came up with something here that would go onto most colors of tee shirts easily. For a pocket sized picture any of the three will work fine. 1 and 2 , if enlarged, end up bringing out more pixels...but I will work on that if they are chosen.

If more designs and/or lettering choices are wanted, I can do that too. But let's at least decide on the basic format first.
Thanks guys.

Old 05-26-2004, 04:42 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Oh.. On Drifters3 I am going to work on it tonight and change the lettering and get rid of the 3-D effect. I think it would look good/better in that style with only the regular letters.

Matt? If I send you another pic later, can you add it or replace the third pic? Since people can vote more than once,,,ahem...and let's not all vote ten times each..... be fair.

Also, I will see if I can incorporate the FTE logo, but before we use it, I think I need to get the admin's permission. I read that somewhere.

My plans for the NW Mt meeting tee shirt are an FTE logo above the pocket
and the Drifters logo on the back. I don't want to add too much on the back so that the shirt doesn't look cluttered. I'll put them together once and see what I can do with them together though. If individuals want a tee shirt with their own state on it, I can make the image and add their state name below, but they will have to copy it and transfer it to an iron on transfer or take it to someone to screen print. It would cost me a mint to order just a few tee shirts and have them screen printed. ( But thats another idea I can check into for cost.) Even if they get screen printed, it would be expensive to add each state's name , rather than just use a standard logo. I'll make a shirt up for myself as soon as we decide what logo we want and have Matt post a pic of it here. ( Yeah, I know...iron on transfers aren't the best..but I'm trying to keep costs down to begin with. As soon as we get more members, we may be able to get a discount on a quantity order of screen printed shirts.)

Old 05-26-2004, 06:59 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
You have permission to use the FTE logo.

I'll pay to get a quality screen printed shirt.... get some quotes for a limited run with possible expansion later on. I'll get some quotes around here.

Old 05-26-2004, 10:29 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Smile

Cool!

Those pics I sent tonight are all by far better than what I previously submitted. I'm gonna make one of them for me for sure as soon as we decide. The size of them right now is perfect to do the FTE logo above the pocket and the drifters logo on the pocket. Plus.. they all should enlarge and print out on an 8x10 pattern really nice. I'll have to print one that big now that I've said that. But screen prints , large on the back, would be really nice also. And perhaps the little ones on the front as described above.

Tomorrow I'll go get some quotes for pocket Tees, with only a back design and both a back and pocket design.

What I should do is email everyone in the chapter and have them come vote again, with the new pictures added. I personally LOVE the ones I did tonight. The less flashy they are , the better they look!

Last edited by Fordlover1951; 05-26-2004 at 10:34 PM.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:36 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
these are the new ones. me likey much better.....

i started watching a movie dick... I was gonna call ya....

Attached Images    
Old 05-27-2004, 12:19 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

I likey much better too. so... wonder if we should have a voice vote on them or another poll? I'll be up for a little while yet... call if you like. Or call anytime during the day...but still ... try my cell numbers I sent ya. Thanks for posting them. I'm going to send a mass email out to everyone and ask them to come vote on both polls and look down here and verbally vote on one of them if they don't like the ones above. I guess I should have waited til tonight to send these instead. Oh well....

I like any of the last three... but the ones with the plain white letters look so good. Not sure if adding the little "chapter" is a good idea or not...or if just calling ourselves the high plains chapter is better. Thats what we are after all. I think we kinda drifted into the "drifters" thing, but its still a good idea.
I guess we could call ourselves "The High Plains Chapter...The Drifters" or something. It's really up to us to decide. FTE can lable the forum as it is....we will know who we are.

I jsut want to do something cool that may draw attention to our chapter and get more people interested. Have you checked out the other chapters? I don't think half of them give a rats...er... cats meow about a chapter leader. I'm kinda enjoying this.

Old 05-27-2004, 08:58 AM
fatherdoug
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would vote for #3 with regular letters. Thank You.

Old 05-27-2004, 11:44 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I still like #3 as well, go ahead and play with it, maybe do as you did to your last 3 and see how it goes.

Old 05-27-2004, 12:41 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
I really don't like #4. I still like #2 though...

Old 05-27-2004, 02:50 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

I was thinking about lightening the colors as I did on #3, with the last three, so whichever we decide on, I can lighten and add the light bluish tint so that it matches the FTE logo closer. Actually the last three are a variation of #3, using only a white letter. I can't get the colored letters without the dang deep 3D effect like #3 has. I WILL check all options and schemes with those letters though..because I originally chose them because of their color match to the picture.

As for printing them out... the white letters stand out better and can be read easier from a distance. I have printings of all of the designs and the last three look best when away from them. The colored letters blend in too much and look blurry. But... I will still go with general consensus when all is said and did.

Some of you with printers might print them out yourself and look at them from different angles and distances. It might make a difference in your opinion of which would work best. I definitely like the sunset colored ones the best though.

Old 05-27-2004, 07:25 PM
Mark.Johnson
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like #1 or #4

Old 05-28-2004, 12:11 AM
mtflat
Lead Driver

Received 332 Likes on 256 Posts
I voted for 3 but I also like 5

EDIT since I found Matt's last two revisions.

I like #7 best from the total lineup.

Last edited by mtflat; 05-28-2004 at 12:17 AM.

Quick Reply: chapter logo poll