2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally received my truck

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 12:29 PM
gmiterek
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally received my truck

Since Feb. 10th on order. Received it on May 19th, the day before my fishing trip. I left the dealer, and was not very impressed with the truck. Maybe the wait bothered me more than I thought. But the more I was driving it the more I fell in love with it.
I got home an hour later and just looked at everything about the truck, crawled under the body, in the bed, in the back seats. Just inspected the whole thing. And wow, I was amazed, the more and more I drive it, the more and more I'm falling in love with it.
So anyway, after 4 hours of having the truck, I've already put a dent in the tailgate. I was packing for the fishing trip, and I put one of my tie downs on the bumper, and then I tried to open the gate, and it wouldn't open all the way (I thought that one of the strings was being blocked by something). So I keep pressing down on the door. After approx. 4 to 5 tries, I lift the gate up, and man, there was this nice little pointy dent in the tailgate. Man was I swearing, my brother was even more ****ed off, but the way I looked at it, it was done, I didn't have to worry about that first dent on my fishing trip.

So anyway, after driving it all weekend, dirt roads (had a really good scare when the back went sliding, was going around 90 km/h on a washboard road and the back just went, good thing I was in 4x4, I was able to bring it back, and then slowed down to approx. 60 km/h, my brother tells me its normal with a pick up, I've actually never owned one in my life, this is my first), 45 degree hills, mud holes, asphalt, everything, and this truck rides like a charm, not one vibration issue, quiet beyond belief, you would never suspect that this is a truck.

To whomever is looking for a truck, this is a great truck, I have the F150 Lariat Supercab, Blue Two Tone, Audiophile, Power rear window, trailer package, running boards, power moonroof, Line-X spray-in (amazing, they shouldn't even make the plastic inserts anymore), etc...

My computer is telling me that I'm getting 14.2 litres/100 kms, with approx. 1300 kms on the truck, I haven't had the time to write down distances and calculate it, to see how accurate the computer is. My driving is approx. 60 to 70% highway, and 30 to 40% city driving. So from what I see up to date, the mileage seems really good. I'll let you know in a couple of weeks, what is my true mileage.

Anyway, this is to tell you all, that YES, it is worth the wait, just be really patient, and you will be the happiest person alive when you receive your truck

Ron

Old 05-26-2004, 03:26 PM
Sully04 F150 4x4
Senior User
Congrats!!! Glad you love the truck. I love mine too. Let's hope you don't have any of the problems that some of these other people are having. I haven't had a problem with mine. *knock on wood*.

Also, thanks for the info on how well the truck handled the different types of terrain. Glad to hear the truck handled it well.

Old 05-26-2004, 05:56 PM
WEB
Senior User
gmiterek,
Congrats on the truck and a succesful fishing trip. Sorry about the dent

Probably the best advise anyone of us can give a first time truck owner is..... A truck is tail happy With no weight over the driving wheels (rear) it wants to hop, slide side ways and yes as you found out bounce right around on a wasboard. Also be careful taking off at a light when it is wet, those rear tires will be going like the dickens and you still be sitting there

But I do have to say that this truck is the most stable I have ever owned under those conditions. And I see that you have found what most of us have experienced...... the more you drive it the wider the grin on your face gets. I have 6000 trouble free miles and 7 months on mine and it never fails to impress me or the people who see/ride in it. Happy Motoring

Old 05-26-2004, 06:03 PM
NY-Ford-Lifer
Senior User
What bed length did you get? Knowing you've been waitings ince February helps me out who has "only" been waiting since early March. I'm ****ed that it looks like I'll be missing out on the $2000 cash rebate (good until June 1) since the vehicle is it's way on a truck or train somewhere.

Old 05-26-2004, 06:32 PM
gmiterek
Freshman User
I got the 6'3" (143" wheelbase).
I just spent almost 2 hours washing the humongous thing. I had to use a ladder to do the front window (I always put RainX on my vehicles, works like a charm), and to do the top, man this thing is big.
Are there any recommendations to washing this behemoth? I haven't done the inside since the trip, work, rain, just isn't enough time.
Also, is there anything better than RainX? I've been using it for approx. 3 years, and I find it amazing. Except, that I have to reaply approx. every 2 to 3 weeks to get a good coat.
Also, noticed when I use the pressure washer against the front windows, the water seems to seep through, does anybody else have this problem? I never had it with my other cars, but then I never shot up at the windows, they were always level with me....
Anyway, thanks for replying again. And I will be sending pictures soon.

Ron

Old 05-26-2004, 06:49 PM
NY-Ford-Lifer
Senior User
What was their explaination for the long delay? Mine is a 133" bed by the way so that can't be why some of us wait WAY longer than others.

Old 05-26-2004, 07:46 PM
hovy
Senior User
Well mine came in and I took it for a ride before signing on the dotted line....It had a nibble in the steering wheel at 65....brought it back and said fix it by tonight and I'll take it.....sure enough nibble was gone and the truck is all it is said to be.....It was a bad tire that needed to be replaced.....I had a 2002 250 lariat and it was a real nice ride for such a heavy work truck and I thought it would be a tough act to follow for the 150 but it's doing just fine so far.

Old 05-27-2004, 07:19 AM
gmiterek
Freshman User
They didn't have an explanation. The truck was supposedly taking off the production line on April 16th. It just sat there for approx. 4 weeks. Now, the railways were on strike, and that may have delayed the delivery. But it sure was worth waiting for.

Old 05-29-2004, 06:21 AM
Vee eight
New User
Hello Gmiterek, I'm V8 from Southampton England. I've ordered an F-150 Lariat crew fully loaded in the wedgewood blue/ arizona beige. It's being built week starting 31st May then it'l be transported to a dealer then on to me by boat. I,ve seen plenty of the 2004 150's but not in the wedgewood blue. Do you have any photos of your truck so i can see the colour. Regards Richard.