Notices

Anyone heard of Eagle Linings spray in bedliners?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 02:19 AM
keith w
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone heard of Eagle Linings spray in bedliners?

When my new SD comes in I will be in need of a bedliner. I had originally wanted to get a drop-in, but several people have pretty much convinced me to get a spray-in. Anyway, a local place I usually go to for accessories lists their spray-ins as being Eagle Linings. I have never heard of them before. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with them.

Old 05-26-2004, 03:41 AM
PW01
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have never heard of Eagle Linings before, go with Line-X for the proven performance and the best warranty.

Old 06-01-2004, 02:01 PM
TruckDaddy
Elder User
I google searched and found nothing. I agree with the last post, go with LINE-X.

Old 06-02-2004, 05:09 AM
keith w
Posting Guru
That's what I figured Here is the company's website http://www.eaglelinings.com I just wanted to check since this place that uses Eagle is local to me.

Old 06-02-2004, 01:37 PM
TruckDaddy
Elder User
Looked at the website, some of the information is incorrect, incomplete or misleading. Here is correct information: Rhino's tensile strength is 2,800 psi, not 1,800 psi. Speedliners tensile strength is 4,700 psi, not 4,300 psi. LINE-X is the ONLY spray-on bedliner that offers a NATIONAL lifetime warranty. With other companies, the lifetime warranty is dealer specific. A low pressure/low heat (lplh) system is not as good as a high pressure/high heat system (hphh). LINE-X uses hphh, Rhino uses lplh but is currently changing to hphh. LINE-X never takes 15 minutes to dry. The average time is 4 seconds. They don't mention "gel" time which is typical of pure polyurethane liners. The longer the gel time, the longer gravity has to pull down the liner from the high ridges to the low valleys. Rhino takes about a minute or two. LINE-X doesnt really gel, it's dry in 4 seconds. While tensile strength is an important factor, so is shore rating, max temperature tolerance, tear strength, etc. They don't give you any of that information. If your still interested in Eagle, you better go take a look at a truck with it in it. You may or may not like it.

Last edited by TruckDaddy; 06-02-2004 at 01:39 PM.
Old 06-02-2004, 01:50 PM
95-F-350-4x4
Posting Guru
If its not a heck of a lot cheaper I would go with the Line X. just my .02 cents

Old 06-02-2004, 11:00 PM
keith w
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by TruckDaddy
Looked at the website, some of the information is incorrect, incomplete or misleading. Here is correct information: Rhino's tensile strength is 2,800 psi, not 1,800 psi. Speedliners tensile strength is 4,700 psi, not 4,300 psi. LINE-X is the ONLY spray-on bedliner that offers a NATIONAL lifetime warranty. With other companies, the lifetime warranty is dealer specific. A low pressure/low heat (lplh) system is not as good as a high pressure/high heat system (hphh). LINE-X uses hphh, Rhino uses lplh but is currently changing to hphh. LINE-X never takes 15 minutes to dry. The average time is 4 seconds. They don't mention "gel" time which is typical of pure polyurethane liners. The longer the gel time, the longer gravity has to pull down the liner from the high ridges to the low valleys. Rhino takes about a minute or two. LINE-X doesnt really gel, it's dry in 4 seconds. While tensile strength is an important factor, so is shore rating, max temperature tolerance, tear strength, etc. They don't give you any of that information. If your still interested in Eagle, you better go take a look at a truck with it in it. You may or may not like it.
No, if they are posting false information, I see no reason to even consider it.

Old 06-03-2004, 01:17 PM
FordInProgress
Senior User
I have a company by the name of Stead-Fast Customing Lingings in my area. They did my last truck and are going to be doing the one I own now. Has anyone every heard of them? The guy sprays tri axle dump trucks. I figure it must be pretty go stuff. He also has a mobile unit that he can spray with at different locations. My last truck was done in 1995 and held up really well. I figure he has been in business this long, then his stuff must be pretty good.

Old 06-03-2004, 05:24 PM
MrValentine
Freshman User
While I may be biased. As i'm getting my whole truck coated with eagle this weekend.

The prep work on a liner is the most important. Almost ALL the bedliners I've seen sprayed are not properly preped. So look for dilligance in the shop you select, as IMHO its more important than the stats of their product.

Also I hold NO value in ANY warranty. As half of the time they don't honor it, or do such a **** pour job of patching it that it just re-occours.

More than anything else look for a shop with a good work ethic.

Old 07-14-2004, 11:51 AM
jdd2
New User
i have to say that i have an eagle liner in both of my trucks and am very satisfied with the quality and look. dont be mislead by those individuals who say "dont get it unless its line x or rhino." well they are just uneducated fools. i have had a rhino liner and it looks like junk after a year. line x is overpriced. eagle carries the same warrenty as line x. call it what you want national lifetime and lifetime is the same. trust me you will have no need for the warrenty with eagle because the product is proven durable enough for the most abusive user. if you want a great liner that looks great for an affordable price go with eagle. also if you feel the only good liner is one that is spayed on with high heat at high pressure eagle does those too.

Old 07-15-2004, 08:06 AM
TruckDaddy
Elder User
Eagle does not carry the same warranty. LINE-X is the only liner on the market that offers a NATIONWIDE lifetime warranty. LINE-X is typically more expensive because it contains polyurea (as opposed to 100% polyurethane like most liners). The polyurea makes LINE-X a superior product.

Who has the current contract to spray inside military submarines? Who is currently spraying inside the United States Pentagon? In the beginning of 2004, Congressman Christopher *** of California wrote a letters to Donald Rumsfeld and Colin Powell recommeding what brand of spray be used in Iraq? Of the 23 sprays tested by the Air Force in 2001, which spray was the ONLY on to pass all of their tests?

The answer is LINE-X. There is a reason why LINE-X holds 1/3 of market share. Your trying to talk yourself into justifying buying Eagle. I don't even think they are in the same league.

Oh, and that 92% UV protection like Speedliner is a bunch of bull. They still use MDL isocyanate which makes the liner UV unstable so they still will fade. Talk about "uneducated", why don't you spend some time learning about spray-in liners and mention some facts instead of just opinionated hype. I think the "uneducated fool" is the one who can't punctuate a sentence or spell words like in the post above this one.

Last edited by TruckDaddy; 07-15-2004 at 08:39 AM.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:30 PM
jdd2
New User
know what your talkinig about before you reply

eagle contains both polyurethane and polyurea. and please tell me the difference between lifetime and national warranty. i guess i could ask eagle to make it a global warranty. sorry dont mean to be smart but please research your facts. oh eagle also employs only u.s. workers and uses only u.s. products. i dont know what linex uses but i will find out.

Old 07-16-2004, 03:55 AM
PW01
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A "lifetime" warranty is from the dealer who applied the product, while a "nationwide Lifetime warranty" is good at any dealer. I live in Louisville KY, and since the local Rhino Liner dealer went out of business, everyone who had it applied there is SOL. If my local Line-X dealer closed, I could just go to the next city.

Old 07-16-2004, 08:11 AM
TruckDaddy
Elder User
It's 8:10 AM and I just tried to call Eagle. Just an answering machine. I'll try again later.

PW01 is correct in regard to the warranty. Eagle is not a franchise, like Rhino and most other companies and thus are really not set up to handle a nationwide warranty. LINE-X dealers are franchised and have a system in place to handle reimbursment for warranty work. There are between 500 and 600 LINE-X dealer across the nation to handle any problems.

Eagle needs to change their "Comparison" page of their website, some of the information is incorrect as mentioned one of my previous posts.

I'll be back...............

Old 07-16-2004, 09:57 AM
jdd2
New User
You are correct eagle is not a franchise, and they do not control their dealers prices. However, they do warranty their product to all 400 dealers nation wide. My local dealer told me that eagle will replace all product used to repair their liners. Also i agree that line x is a good product, but for the price that you would pay for an eagle liner you still get high quality durable bed liner. My advice for anyone looking for a bed liner is to shop around, and make sure that the dealer preps the truck correctly. I chose eagle because they have a good product, I got my trucks back in 2 hours, and they employ U.S. citizens and purchase products from U.S. companies.