Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: LibTimothy

Chapter Leader nominations

Old 05-15-2004, 10:27 PM
Rosati
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chapter Leader nominations

First I want to apologize for my lack of participation in the chapter so far this year. I have been really busy at work, home, and with my kids schools. I have been running ragged for several months and have only stopped by FTE to fullfill my moderating obligations. I hope we are'nt shut down due to not having a leader selected.
In an effort to move forward with the selection, I propose a nomination thread. Lets put some names in here for some folks who would be likely candidates.
And lets say the nominating will end by Wednesday at 7pm. Then we can vote Thursday and Friday. I will ask Ken for an extension so we can handle this quickly.
Please keep the posts only to a user name and brief explanation if you want.

Old 05-15-2004, 10:39 PM
subliminaldanger
Elder User
I nominate f150texan. He is on FTE a lot and always offering advice. He also seems like the type of guy that can make things happen.

I didnt even know this forum had a moderator- learn something new everyday
Yeah, I'm here. I just usually lurk behind the scenes and keep my hat pulled down. Once I get over this spring rush at work, I'll be around much more. Besides, we Texans tend to keep things in line and don't require much moderating! Krosati

And he strikes again. I do prefer a mod that doesnt do a lot unless its really required and it's too hot for us texans to cause much trouble. by the way, thats a cowboy hat right?

Last edited by subliminaldanger; 05-15-2004 at 10:50 PM.
Old 05-16-2004, 10:30 AM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree with Subliminal...

we don't need no stinkin' moderator""

but we do need someone to pull things together every once in a while...

We're all busy and maybe it could be a rotating (or at least multiple) moderate by committee deal...
sometimes I can be on here a lot and then get busy for a few days and miss my daily "fix" of my FTE buds :-)

and besides... I just found out my username has a bad reputation !!! go figure...
a lot like our credit reports - there's always stuff being added - and it's amazing how EASILY someone can add bad stuff and it takes a frikkin act of congress to get it removed !

Old 05-16-2004, 11:05 AM
subliminaldanger
Elder User
Yea, i have a bad reputation point too because i said something that was true and everyone took it out of context. You want to talk about an act of congress, try getting a warrant for arrest removed, they sent one out after i payed my fine and then expected me to pay it a second time.

I would be more than willing to be one of the guys that take pictures, as required by webmaster. I have several digital cameras and videocameras. If someone wants i can post pictures of my better pictures since my truck pictures werent real high quality.

Last edited by subliminaldanger; 05-16-2004 at 11:11 AM.
Old 05-16-2004, 11:17 AM
subliminaldanger
Elder User
here is the current list of nominations from a couple of other post.

79f150TX
Connie
Krosati
F150Texan

Remember if we dont have a leader picked by June 1st, we get shut down until someone steps up.

Old 05-16-2004, 09:28 PM
02superstroker
Posting Guru
shut down?..

I still dont even understand what the "leader" is supposed to do that the moderator didn't. oh well

Old 05-16-2004, 09:47 PM
subliminaldanger
Elder User
basically there is going to be one moderator in charge of all the regional forums, BUT the leader is suppose to be in charge of organizing stuff for offline, IE meetings, get togethers, attends auto shows and such. Webmaster also says a couple of other things are going to be added liek a group photo page and a Texas event page.

Old 05-16-2004, 10:10 PM
02superstroker
Posting Guru
I gotchya.. so hopefully with a leader some of the many meets we have tried to have could actually happen?

Might be a nice change...

Old 05-16-2004, 10:50 PM
subliminaldanger
Elder User
Honestly- i think texas is too big for anything really to happen much. I mean the only central place we could meet is Austin and everyone here works weird hours. I think the best way we could work texas out is if it was divided into like 4 or 5 areas and have a leader for each section report to the elected leader. that way people could get to know the people in the area and have fun wheeling and meeting without it requiring a whole weekend to do it. Maybe have a whole state get to gether like every5 or 6 months. Its up to krosati and whoever we elect leader.

Old 05-16-2004, 11:27 PM
ford4life69
Posting Guru

i know there's a post somewhere that had a description of some of it.

i agree, tx is way to big for most of us to get together on a statewide thing probly more than once a year. i know that it would be just about impossible for me any more than that. there's so much space between any population in the panhandle area where i am that it's a drive no matter where you go. i think the idea of splitting the state and having them report to the leader that's elected is a pretty good idea since travel distances are so much longer here than in most other states. that would give the leader more regional input from someone that lives in the area as to what's going on etc. i don't know if that's something we'd need to clear with ken or what. couldn't hurt to ask...

that'd be something we could elect later if if was ok though... so are there any other nominations or ideas?

Old 05-17-2004, 08:04 AM
02superstroker
Posting Guru
thats a great idea... i know that when we try to setup meets it has always been for a small area, like central texas(SA and Austin) etc. Ok whoever is the new chapter leader remember that

Old 05-17-2004, 10:12 AM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No...
whomever is the four or five REGION leaders need to remeber that :-)

Even here in the DFW area it takes hours to go to each corner of it !!!

Old 05-17-2004, 11:27 AM
Big Orn
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by subliminaldanger
here is the current list of nominations from a couple of other post.

79f150TX
Connie
Krosati
F150Texan

Remember if we dont have a leader picked by June 1st, we get shut down until someone steps up.
If the ones listed above have agreed, then I'm on board.
Anyone else?

Old 05-17-2004, 05:04 PM
subliminaldanger
Elder User
I dont think the people on the list even know that they have been nominated.
If we are going to do the several areas, we would need to get it apporved by Ken first and then the head leader. Then each area would have to elect someone to be the regional leader and figure out what the areas are going to be.

Old 05-17-2004, 10:40 PM
ford4life69
Posting Guru

i know... i think krosati knows... i don't know about nick or the other guy...

yeah, if we're going to split the state, and elect several different "leaders" that needs to be cleared with ken.

OR, we could just elect one leader for the purpose of the tx chapter THEN split it up and have regional directors report to the tx chapter leader with things such as events and get togethers etc that the leader would want to put on the calendar. if we go that way, we'd have to divide the state then either have to elect from each region or take volunteers or something but that could all be decided after the tx chapter leader was elected. i personally, think this might work better as it would go with what they're asking for the leader, and it would allow us to divide the chapter into regions that are a bit more manageable considering we're the second biggest state.

so i guess,.. how are we wanting to go from here? do we 1) want to do a state chapter leader, then do regional later to help the leader?? or do we 2) just want to talk to ken about dividing it up from the get go?? 3) any other idea someone hasn't said yet??

if we vote on that, i say 1 unless someone has a 3... ;-)

Search this Thread