2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What should I do?
Wait for 2005?
20.83%
Get the 2004?
75.00%
Get a Chevy, Dodge, Import?
1.39%
Kick myself in the a$$?
2.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Are you Happy???

Old 05-14-2004, 05:29 PM
HawaiianStyle
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Are you Happy???

Hey Everyone,
Just got back from field playin Military (last one, Yeah!). Anyway, I can finally place my order for my F150 but before I do.... I was wondering if I can get your help on your ULTIMATE satisfaction i.e., Ride, Noise, Comfort etc. etc. etc!
I would like to weigh my options before I step over that 30k threshold. I was leaning toward the FX4 SCAB Flare, Black. w/ all the goodies. Is this reasonable? I've read allot of the previous threads but it's so mixed up I figured I try to do a poll and ask the experts (you) your opinions and overall satisfaction or should I just wait for the 05's Thanx everyone.

Old 05-14-2004, 06:05 PM
DonsFx4
Elder User
HawaiianStyle...you and I would have the same truck! I gotta tell ya, I absolutely love the beast and have NO complaints! I love driving it, anywhere, anytime.

As you know by the threads, a percentage of 2004's can have some problems. I can say that mine, fortunately, is not one of them. I would have no apprehensiveness another if I had to!

The 2005's...will they be problem free?? Probably not, there doesn't seem to be any comprehensive fix for the vibes on that small percentage of '04s, so what magic could be done on the '05s? One thing that has been speculated is that Ford will cheapen-down the production of the truck, and some existing niceties might be dropped.

So, I would spring for an '04, either the perfect one on the lot or place an order real quick. BTW, some speculate that the boxed frame is the root cause of all the vibes; I don't buy into that because the vast majority of these trucks don't have vibes at all.

Good luck and enjoy what will most certainly be a gorgeous black Flareside!!

Old 05-14-2004, 06:24 PM
HawaiianStyle
Senior User
Originally Posted by DonsFx4
HawaiianStyle...you and I would have the same truck! I gotta tell ya, I absolutely love the beast and have NO complaints! I love driving it, anywhere, anytime.
Now thats what I like hear! Thanx DonsFX4!

Old 05-14-2004, 07:07 PM
WEB
Senior User
I did tons of research on all the models before I bought. IMO the FX4 has it all, looks like a tough truck while the Lariet is more refined. The FX4 has just about every goodie you can get on the lariet except for the enhanced computer. I bought mine as soon as I could place an order when they first came out but I waited untill I could touch, feel and see one in person before I could make a decision. As it turned out the only hard choice was which color to get I chose the True Blue Metalic Stylside FX4 but I was torn between that and the dark grey. As it turned out I would have been just as happy with either. Again in my opthe FX4 wins hands down in looks. But you can not go wrong with any of them, it is a very personal choice. Just go to the lot and stand back and look and it will come to you, it might take two, five or ten trips but it will come!

Now on the 04/05 question. I do not believe satisfaction, options or problems/no problems will be a difference. I think if you can find one on the lot you like you will get a better deal but remember you are buying a vehicle that is almost a year old since the 04's came out in September of 03. When you go to sell/trade in a few years it will be an 04 even though you only drove it for a couple of months it will be rated as if it hit the road in Sept of 03.

If you wait for an 05 it will be a "brand new" truck. But usually they don't discount new model year vehicles right off the bat. Just something to think about. I hope it helps some. Good luck. If you are half as happy as I am with my FX4 you will be one happy camper for years to come.

Old 05-14-2004, 08:21 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
"Can DO" "we fight WE Build" EO3 NMCB 5 All Present And Accounted For!

Old 05-14-2004, 08:28 PM
Droog
Junior User
HawaiinStyle, I just picked up my 2004 FX4 Flareside Supercab with pretty much all the options. (I chose True Blue) I couldn't be happier. Zero problems whatsoever. No annoying vibration, no hesitation, good throttle response. This is the best vehicle I've ever owned.

Old 05-14-2004, 09:13 PM
xtreme1
Senior User
I just ordered my 04. i simply couldnt wait for the 05. I would definately either buy an 04 or wait for the 05 F150. Take my advice, dont stray to chevy or dodge, I have had both. I have a fleet of trucks for my business and i can tell you first hand the fords are problem free compared to the chevy. The chevy ,it seemed every time i turned around i was changing an alternator ac compressor, valve stem seals,etc. The dodges i have owned arent even in the running, they were broke the most.My last ford had 117000 miles and i changed 1 coil pack on the engine the whole time i had it. Sorry to be so long winded but i would hate to see a fellow fte member make the wrong decision.

Old 05-14-2004, 09:39 PM
froste
Senior User
hawaiianStyle:

I have had my 04 STX (pics in gallery) sence october of 03 and i TRUELY LOVE IT! There is no better truck out there! I have put 15000 miles on it and still can't wait to drive it each time i get in. I have not had any trouble (knock on wood) with it what some ever.

Go for it man, u won't be disappointed !!!

Old 05-14-2004, 09:44 PM
froste
Senior User
what so ever*

Old 05-14-2004, 09:44 PM
HawaiianStyle
Senior User
Awesome!

Outstanding! Thanx for the solid inputs all. I have been researching the 04 F150 since feb and was still determined to get it the question was when??? I kinda don't want to part with my first love (91 Chevy Scottsdale xcab, 6" lift, 35's, Flowmasters etc.) but it is time to move on. The only prob I had with it was the steering unit which Borgeson Universal quickly remedied. She is a great playmate but I need to get with the times (actually I was a little jealous when I seen my new infatuation, she's gorgeous.)

keep'um coming and thanx again all!

EO3, Are you still with MCB5? if you are, hows EO1 Coffey doing ?
tell'm EO1 DC in Hawaii said Howzit!

CONSTRUIMUS BATTIMUS!!!

Old 05-14-2004, 09:54 PM
froste
Senior User
Well HawaiianStyle,

I would have to say that flowmaster on the 04, to me doesn't sound that great. I removed it after 2 months and left the pipe staight, just the 4 stock cats. and it sounds Great. If your looking to turn heads with the sound or just like the noise yourself "like me", you will love the way it sounds with straight pipe on it 8.

Old 05-14-2004, 11:28 PM
Toreador
Elder User
I have to vote for the top two. Either get the 04' or the 05'. I've driven the other brands and the F150 is easily the better quality. Try it for yourself. The ride is smoother and quieter and it's not even close on the handling. Best bet is try the others as well as the F150. Test drives don't cost if you don't sign on the dotted line and you are honest about what you're doing.

Old 05-15-2004, 12:38 AM
beltloop
New User
Unhappy 2004 150 or wait...WAIT..

I have been a loyal Ford 150 4x4 owner since 1971 and now I have my upteenth 150/4x4/SC the new O4 Model...and if Ford would buy it back from me I'd sell it back.

I've hunted Nebraska's Sandhills for Deer over a 50 year span, with 40 of those years in a Ford 4x4. Last year, O3, my son and I hunted the same old territory in my new F150.4x4/8200 GVW with 4:10 gears.

THIS TRUCK BOTTOMED OUT MORE IN ONE DAY THAN ALL MY OTHER TRUCKS DURING THE LAST 40 YEARS OF DEER HUNTS....: FRONT END GROUND CLEARANCE IS ABSOLUTELY PITIFUL.

I am forced to buy a lift kit for the front end.

During a mild snow storm the windshield wipers sucked, and the washer nozzles have been but put below the windshield in the 'cowl' and the snow and melting ice slides down onto the 'cowl' and blocks the nozzles.....

The defroster is absolutely terrible and I MEAN TERRIBLE: small area effectiveness and on the way home from Valentine after our Deer hunting trip I had to pull over to the side or into a gas station to clear my windows a dozen FRIGGIN times, till we got far enought East of the storm. Where it was warmer and the front of the storm was a rainy mist.

During the last few days here in Omaha 80-90 degree Weather: the air conditioner is nearly worthless. For any degree cooling I am FORCED to keep the blower motor on HIGH because settings at 1 and 2 virtually SUCK. The control panel for the air flow: is a joke I aim what cool air there is to come out at the feet. Passenger side air blows nice...I CAN NOT FEEL THE AIR FLOW ON THE DRIVERS SIDE AND I WHERE SHORTS.

The steel wheels I have on with 8200 package do not shead sand or snow and when the wheels get packed with snow or slush and it freezes or cakes behind the calipher the wheels get out of balance then on the highway the steering wheel wobbles left then right, left then right, left then right.

The power seats: what a rip off power front and back, upright adjustment is manual. Power windows: driver side window i can finish my sandwich before it reaches the top while the passenger side power window speed allows me to make the sandwich then eat it before it gets to the top.

The rear view mirror, seems smaller from left to right than in my other 150's and I have to re-adjust it every d a r n day.

Paint is incredibly soft: on the lower edges of the bed, in the front, at the corners the paint is coming off ON BOTH SIDES SAME PLACE. The Ford dealship tell me it rock chips YET THERE NO ROCK CHIPS ON THE METAL ON THE WHEEL LIPS OR ON THE UNDER CARRIAGE near the doors...they must think I'm a real idiot believing that crock of crap...and if you want me to send you pictures let me know. (Click Here to find out why email addresses are removed from posts.)

Spare tire lowering...forget it. When possible put the spare in the bed of your truck. The design is so g... .d stupid.....

I have posted a list with about 17 major areas of improvement for this POS on other sites...these are but a few.

But the engine and 4:10s are not part of my complaints.

In closing: I drive my trucks for business, sometimes 10 hours a day; and certain accessories are imperative for my comfort. The most import are heating and cooling and these SUCK...ABSOLUTELY SUCK.

So if you want an oh-4 150 ya better test drive one in hot Weather.

I have to buy another truck this year and it's gonna be the TITAN !

Don't say you haven't been warned...there is NO law against stupidity!

I DOUBT IF THERE IS ANY OTHER POSTER HERE THAT USES A 150 IN THE MANNER I DO...COURIER WORK....YEAR ROUND. I AM TELLING YOU FACTS NOT FICTION AND IF YOU WANT PICTURES OF ****TY DEFROSTING ON MY o-4...I gott'em, if you want pictures of how low this front end is I GOTT'em. If you want me to take time trials for my power windows I will do so AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST: CHANGE THE OIL AND WATCH WHERE THE OILS DRAINS FROM THE FILTER....IS SURE DOES NOT FLOW WHERE FORD HAD HAS THE FLO SHIED...I FOUND THAT OUT THE HARD MESSY WAY...

Last edited by beltloop; 05-15-2004 at 01:04 AM.
Old 05-15-2004, 01:43 AM
HawaiianStyle
Senior User
Originally Posted by froste
Well HawaiianStyle,

I would have to say that flowmaster on the 04, to me doesn't sound that great.

froste, I would somewhat have to agree with you on the flowmaster but it did sound great on my Chevy (Big Block). But with all the research I've been doing on upgrades, the exhaust systems I'm planning on using is between the Aeroturbine or Borla Catback mated to JBA's 409 Stainless Steel Header System. Not to mention the Volant intake system.

Old 05-15-2004, 07:12 PM
bobzilla67
Freshman User
kick yourself in the a$$ if you buy a chevy dodge or import!

Search this Thread