Diablo Sport causing trouble? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
Computer Chips & Tuners  

Diablo Sport causing trouble?

Old 05-09-2004, 05:47 PM
OdinVII
Junior User
OdinVII is starting off with a positive reputation.
Diablo Sport causing trouble?

I put a DiabloSport chip in my 97 F150 back in September...didn't drive the truck much for 6 months (maybe 3 times), then started driving again at the end of April...right off the bat there were problems with my truck acting like it wasn't getting enough gas or air or something...it acted like it wanted to cut off when I was trying to accelerate (the RPMs would drop and it the truck wouldn't go anywhere...then I'd let off for a few seconds and try to accelerate again and it'd work ok)

Just the other day the truck completely cut off...twice...after having the same problem (giving it gas but no acceleration). Once I got it started again, the oil light came on and the temp guage shot up to high.

FYI, my truck has been reporting a P0401 code since back in September, but we haven't had time to get that fixed yet.

Does the problem have something to do with the error code? Or is something wrong with the chip? I'm clueless, so any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Old 05-09-2004, 05:55 PM
pharcyde
New User
pharcyde is starting off with a positive reputation.
Did you put the chip in? If so did you clean the terminals on the data port on the PCM.

Old 05-09-2004, 08:22 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
FTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputation
The P0401 code has to do with a faulty EGR: P0401 - Insufficient EGR Flow

Reclean the terminals using acetone or fingernail polish remover.

Old 05-10-2004, 09:20 PM
OdinVII
Junior User
So all I have to do is reclean the terminals? That'll fix the problems? Or is that just a suggestion?

Old 05-10-2004, 09:22 PM
pharcyde
New User
pharcyde is starting off with a positive reputation.
That is where i would start.

Old 05-12-2004, 04:17 PM
OdinVII
Junior User
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I recleaned the terminals yesterday, but I'm gonna give the truck a week or so before I'll say whether or not that fixed the problem.

Thanks again.

Old 05-12-2004, 07:27 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
FTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputation
Cleaning the terminals is the first thing to try. Its the #1 reason for chip issues. If that doesn't work, call us.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.