Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Egt, Boost, Transmission Gauges

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 05:22 PM
jamesj
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Egt, Boost, Transmission Gauges

I'm new on this forum. I have 00 x, 7.3 psd , 4x4, I want to install egt, boost, trans gauges, now if you will be kind to help out a newbie, and give pointers on how to install the gauges and the sensors. (1) where on the exhaust manifold do I need to drill and install the egt sensor, what technique do use to remove all the shavings (2) where on the trans pan do you install the sensor (3) how do you hook up the tubing for the boost (4) how do you route the wires and tubing to the cab without drilling additional hole on the firewall (5) what brand of gauges do recommend and why that brand or model (6) what kind of pods do you recommend. I need to have all these info before I buy the gauges and not be sorry later. Any pictures will be helpful.

Thanks,
jamesj San Diego

Old 04-27-2004, 08:17 PM
gcduece
Junior User
check out this page for the gauge install information and then purchase from one of the site supporters. duece

Old 04-28-2004, 08:13 AM
mueckster
Lead Driver
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
jamesj,
I followed these same instructions when I installed my gauges.
Here are some tips: Use liquid teflon on the trans temp sender to ensure a good ground. I ran the wire from this sender along the trans shift cable into the cab thru the floor. You don't have to remove the headlight switch to get "dimmable power" to the gauge lights. You can tap into a wire below the dash to the right of the steering column. There is a brown 6 wire connector. Tap into the top center wire (light blue w/ red tracer). You can can get "key on" power from a small round black connector just above the computer diagnostic plug. The connector should be hanging freely. This connector is for an aux idle controller, if it was equipped. Use the red wire w/ yellow tracer. I ran the boost tubing and pyro cable thru a hole in the plastic plug where the clutch slave cylinder would have been.
Hope this helps. Good luck!

Old 04-28-2004, 01:29 PM
jamesj
Mountain Pass
Thanks GCDUECE / MUECKSTER, NOW IT'S TIME TO READ AND BUY the gauges and of course install.

jamesj