Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

My Predator still sucks

Old 04-27-2004, 09:52 AM
stangman67
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Predator still sucks

Why does it not want to run in temps below 40 degrees? My 03 350 has been a pain all winter, sometimes starting sometimes not. Is there a better tuner? I run the 60 hp tune, and when it runs its good, but other than that just alot of smoke and 1200 degree temps on acceleration. Is the superchips tuner better, cuz im gonna sell this one.

Old 04-27-2004, 02:51 PM
eeglot
Junior User
I assume it starts perfectly in any temp with the stock program?? IMO, it doesnt sound like a tuner related issue............

Eric

Old 04-27-2004, 04:04 PM
blown5.4
Senior User
Originally Posted by stangman67
Why does it not want to run in temps below 40 degrees? My 03 350 has been a pain all winter, sometimes starting sometimes not. Is there a better tuner? I run the 60 hp tune, and when it runs its good, but other than that just alot of smoke and 1200 degree temps on acceleration. Is the superchips tuner better, cuz im gonna sell this one.
what is the computer code on that truck

Old 04-27-2004, 06:27 PM
bigdieseldav
Senior User
if the predator loaded the tune then it is probably working properly and you have an issue with the truck itself. My bigest problems reguarding the predator were getting it to actually load the program. Mine is awesome. i would assume you need to look at the truck unless it runs just fine stock.?? 1200 degree temps are bogus, I have to try and I mean try to get mine over 1100, usually stays around 950 to 1050 on nice hard acceleration.

Old 04-27-2004, 07:34 PM
stangman67
Senior User
I do not know the computer code. Would that matter since this is a universal performance tool? As for stock settings, you would notice no running condition problems. On some nights, it wouldnt start, so reprogramming to the stock settings resulted in a started truck. Eeglot, if its not tuner related, what could it be? It seems too obvious that it does affect something negatively. bigdeiseldav, I also see you are in Texas, where I assume that temps are warmer than CT. Recently with the warmer weather its better, but in the winter it was a pain. I realize I could run it all summer, but when the cold comes back in October, I would like not to have this problem. The loading never had a problem, as for temps I still have stock exhuast and intake, and by 70mph they are pushing 1200. I know that they would be lower with upgrades, but since I dont drive like that, its not a concern. I am constantly in the 600-800 range. Its just that as long as the Predator is in, it wont start cold. If I plug in the heater for just 10 mins, it will start though. Seems like something is not right.

Old 04-27-2004, 09:37 PM
blown5.4
Senior User
Originally Posted by stangman67
I do not know the computer code. Would that matter since this is a universal performance tool? As for stock settings, you would notice no running condition problems. On some nights, it wouldnt start, so reprogramming to the stock settings resulted in a started truck. Eeglot, if its not tuner related, what could it be? It seems too obvious that it does affect something negatively. bigdeiseldav, I also see you are in Texas, where I assume that temps are warmer than CT. Recently with the warmer weather its better, but in the winter it was a pain. I realize I could run it all summer, but when the cold comes back in October, I would like not to have this problem. The loading never had a problem, as for temps I still have stock exhuast and intake, and by 70mph they are pushing 1200. I know that they would be lower with upgrades, but since I dont drive like that, its not a concern. I am constantly in the 600-800 range. Its just that as long as the Predator is in, it wont start cold. If I plug in the heater for just 10 mins, it will start though. Seems like something is not right.
When did you purchase this unit it might be that you do not have the latest software revision call your dealer who you purchased it from and ask to see if you have the latest version if you don't then have it installed and i think it may help with all your issues cold start high egt's ect.....

Search this Thread