2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibration's=Fords losing customers

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 03:34 PM
King Triton
Postmaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smooth move,kick the guy thats trying to help you,Was a vibration analysis done on this truck,and if so I would like to see the readout.In all the years I have been a Ford tech,I have never said it was inherent to a particlar truck.Nor has the dealership.I have seen everything from bent rims from improper delivery to garbage tires,improper pinion angles,excessive outputshaft slop etc, I have seen Ford go out of their way to please customers,but then again,I have also seen them walk away once they started getting verbally abused or threatened.

Old 04-27-2004, 03:56 PM
Toreador
Elder User
Originally Posted by joe martin
Labrador, I agree it has to be 25--30% of these F-150's that have a vibration problem or Ford would not have come out with the vibration dampening kit. This kit is nothing more than band-aid to cover up a defect that Ford cant or don't want to find the fix for
It's interesting that all these "new" members of the forum sound so similar. For example the term "band-aid" used by a lot of these "new" 2004 ford owners. Makes me wonder if it's one disgruntled person logging on as different people to keep complaining.

Old 04-27-2004, 03:58 PM
fatman66
Senior User
Here is an idea, why not make one vibration post sticky so we don't have to see a new one popping up every other day and the same issues being adressed again and again by the same poor guys. This would make it easier for anyone new to the site looking for help on the vibrations to find what they are looking for. Don't attack Jeff b/c he made a valid point, his analogy was pretty good in my opinion and there is NO WAY you will get an accurate sampling from this site or from one dealer's inventory. I don't believe 25-30% but I do think that 10-15% might be accurate (still too many and needs to be acknowledged better). I'm not bashing you guys for complaining about the vibrations problems with your trucks, anyone who has gotten to the point that Joe Martin and CruelCrew have certainly have MAJOR issues and I hope that Ford has to eat the cost of replacing their trucks. I honestly think that some people have heard so much about vibrations problems they went out and drove their trucks and their imagination magnified minor and possibly normal vibrations into an affirmative vote in the poll when it might not have been so if they hadn't heard so much about this. I'm not knocking anyone who did, I was paranoid as hell when I picked my truck up and I only have 200 miles on it and I'm still always thinking "is that a nibble, a shudder, a driveline vibration..." but I have not noticed anything I wouldn't expect from a truck. I can't believe it could ever ride worse than my old 95 Sierra, I hope that 5000 miles down the road its still the same. Good luck to everyone who has major problems maybe the more trucks Ford has to replace, the more it will help them to acknowledge the problem and take care of it.

Old 04-27-2004, 04:13 PM
Labrador
Senior User
I'll repeat myself again. If you don't have vibration problems don't read or post them, you are just making it longer. Some people are looking for information. I took many of these posting and showed them to my service manager and the Ford Rep who drove my truck. After the Rep said my truck was normal he would not even go on drive with me in a new off the lot truck. I was nice to the guy and he told me if I was not happy with my truck go to the DSB. The more info I get on vibration problems from other owners the better my case will be. I'm asking the DSB to make Ford replace the truck with a 2005 not a 2004. Ford can study my truck. Maybe by then they will have most of these problems fixed. I thought that there is no way Bill Ford Jr. would produce a truck with this kind of problem in this day and age, but he did.

Old 04-27-2004, 04:15 PM
newtof150
Senior User
You guys are on your own in the future.
I hate to hear (read) that. You certainly helped me towards getting my truck diagnosed and (hopefully) repaired.

Remember, people will often post what they would not dare say in person.

Old 04-27-2004, 04:29 PM
hovy
Senior User
Hey Jeff, DOn't let him get under your skin... You been a big help to a lot of us.

Old 04-27-2004, 04:52 PM
tthunder
Freshman User
You can toss my truck in the major vibration category also. 5 times in the shop for a total of 39 days in just three months. It vibrates at idle smooths out just a litttle then starts back up at 30 mph and vibrates as long and as fast as you want to drive. All the way to 85 which is as fast as I've had it. It vibrates so bad that after about 15 minutes my feet start to go numb! Work performed so far but not limited to tires (twice), alignment (twice), torque converter, drive shaft, rear end, move the engine over a half an inch, new engine coil, vbration kit installed and now they're beginning to say it's a characteristic of that truck. Bulls**t! If it was inherent in the truck why have they spent 39 days trying to fix it? The engineer is supposed to drive it one more time. If he does'nt tell me what I want to hear, I already have the papers laying on my desk for the DSB. And I've already talked to my attorney in case that doesn't work.

Last edited by tthunder; 04-27-2004 at 04:55 PM.
Old 04-27-2004, 05:10 PM
newtof150
Senior User
5 times in the shop for a total of 39 days in just three months.
In North Carolina, that's lemon-law qualified, or dern near to it.

Old 04-27-2004, 06:49 PM
fatman66
Senior User
"Here is an idea, why not make one vibration post sticky so we don't have to see a new one popping up every other day and the same issues being adressed again and again by the same poor guys. This would make it easier for anyone new to the site looking for help on the vibrations to find what they are looking for."

Hey Labrador, I'll post when and where I want, its a free country and I was thinking of a way to try and make it easier for people in your situation to get the info they need. I keep up on the vibration posts b/c if mine starts doing that I'll be in the same boat. Good luck with the DSB I really wish you luck and I hope that I never end up in your situation with regards to the truck or your attitude. Cya

Old 04-27-2004, 07:51 PM
mosterka
New User
My truck vibrates like mad.

There is a problem. When I tow my car, no vibration. No trailer/car, vibrates like mad. The thing sucks. I bought it to tow and liked it enough to make it my daily driver. No longer. It sits on the street until I need to go the track.

As far as the dealer that says there is "no problem", I brought my truck for the temp issue (ambient temp not working properly) a while ago. Their master technician and the wise service rep told me it was "normal". I told them to look up the TSB. They did. The mechanic quickly walked off rather embarrassed and tripped on a speedbump. I asked him if that was normal too. I laughed. What a bunch of morons these dealers are.

Point of my story, dealers will say everything is normal if they are clueless. Most are. It takes a lot of pushing to get them to fess up and actually research an issue.

Old 04-27-2004, 09:22 PM
CruelCrew
Senior User
I won't forget being referred to as an "idiot," either. You guys are on your own in the future.
Oh, please! No one called you an "idiot", or even implied you were one. Didn't you see the "smiley"?

On the contrary, you initially brought up politics and made a distasteful and offensive analogy using Rush Limbaugh and George Bush. I suppose that's ok though, right?

"On our own"? Gee, you mean without you? Oh, no! We'll never make it!

1956MarkII seems to come to the rescue of any post where an F-150 owner is disappointed with his truck. It's no wonder...he sells them and wouldn't want to lose a potential customer. He doesn't even own one, yet tells us our vibrations are due to "flat spots on the tires". Come on!

1956MarkII has taken things way out of context here. Probably just wants this thread shut up, so he's confusing the issues at hand with accusations of name-calling.

This thread is about vibration problems and Ford losing customers. Keep politics and personal feelings out of it 1956MarkII. Don't like threads like this, then don't engage.

IMO Ford's vibration dampener fix and the buzz from all the other F-150 sights is cause enough to know that there is a problem. I could see how Ford dealers are in denial. Who cares if it's 30% or not. It's big enough to cause more concern than normal.

Old 04-27-2004, 09:30 PM
King Triton
Postmaster

Well I must be one of those Master Mechanics who is clueless also,cause I cant seem to figure out why anyone would want to come into a forum just to kick the products,insult the sponsors,and the other people on the site.Or to try and come here to get negitive feedback to take back to Ford,another one of our sponsors.

Last edited by King Triton; 04-27-2004 at 09:33 PM.
Old 04-27-2004, 09:48 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CruelCrew
...He doesn't even own one, yet tells us our vibrations are due to "flat spots on the tires". Come on!...
The vibrations in MY 2004 F-150 STX 4x4 Supercab are due to MY 17" tires having flat spots when they're cold. After I drive the truck about a mile, the vibrations go away.

I wasn't even going to respond to this thread, but when another FTE member actually PHONED me and told me what was said, I at least had to reply to an out-and-out lie. I can make comments on 2004 F-150s because I do indeed OWN one. And, since I've been asked by Labrador to keep my nose out of here, I will. There's no point in responding to anything else CruelCrew has to say. It's all about as factual as what I've quoted above. Good night.

Old 04-27-2004, 10:39 PM
thosetwins
Junior User
I had the vibration from 40-48mph it really drove me nuts. They finally INDEXED the drive shaft and for the last 2000 mi it has not vibrated at all at any speed. MY truck has no vibration at all now. Now the rearend whine is a nother story two ring and pinion sets and now waiting for a complete new rear end hope that works

Old 04-27-2004, 11:26 PM
CruelCrew
Senior User
I at least had to reply to an out-and-out lie.
Good, you got the point. Glad it got your attention.

Now you know how I felt when you out-and-out lied about me calling you an idiot. Good thing someone sent me a PM about it and I was able to respond to your nonsense.

Now why don't you quit bashing me and others here who would like to discuss the issue at hand.

BTW, if your tires are getting "flat spots" in this weather enough to cause vibrations, you have defective tires. But I suspect your tires are fine and you're just another victim of the F-150's bad vibes. And with a truck less than a month old, you just don't know it yet. But you will. Even at -20F my tires don't get "flat spots".

Last edited by CruelCrew; 04-27-2004 at 11:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Vibration's=Fords losing customers