Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Hey The Diesel Dude

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2002, 10:11 AM
Highway Prisoner
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey The Diesel Dude

Joe, could You research My engine number? I have a 2002 F350 PSD Crewcab Lariet 4x4 auto. The engine number is 1855190, the tag has a
date of Feb 8,2002. I have 69,000 miles on the truck, and has done great! This is My second PSD, the first was an early DI in 1994. I sold it with 314,000 miles, and is still running with 600,000 miles. The 2002 sure pulls great, it has a Superchip, K&N filter, low restriction muffler, a Filter Solutions by pass filtration on the PSD, and the Tranny. I use Mobil Delvac1 synthetic in the PSD. The only problem I have had was a throttle position sensor, otherwise, it has been great! I am curious about how the assembly, and dyno readings when My engine was built, it sure is a strong runner! Thanks

Old 10-07-2002, 11:15 AM
The Diesel Dude
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey The Diesel Dude

I am off work and don't have to go back until November 4. By that time I expect the data base to be dismantled (we'll keep the data but I will no longer have access to it). I'll keep your serial number but I'd be surprised if I'll be able to get the information you desire.

Old 10-07-2002, 05:20 PM
Highway Prisoner
Junior User
Post Hey The Diesel Dude

Joe, thanks for the reply. I guess, I waited too long to ask about My engine. The performance so far excellent, and if this any indication of the future, the 2002 will be a long term motor. I plan on keeping this one a long time, if the 94 has managed 600,000 miles, I am hoping the 2002 will run longer. I talked with a man that has an early 1995 with over 1,000,000 miles on his, it sounded very good, and the F350 was in good condition.

Old 10-08-2002, 02:10 AM
The Diesel Dude
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey The Diesel Dude

We've had a few quality issues in 2002 but as far as I know they were all contained in house and your serial number isn't among the number ranges anyway. If you are not having any problems I would feel safe in saying you are in the clear and probably in good shape. We have a good testing process and we catch most (if not all) of our mistakes before they leave our plant. Good luck.

Old 10-08-2002, 08:29 AM
gseeders
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey The Diesel Dude

Hay Highway Prisoner
I read in your first post that your using a by-pass filter by Filtration Solutions.
I to have the same system for about 13,500 miles now.
I was really disappointed in the system after I received my last oil analysis back. At 12,746 miles the report said wear metal(s) high- Indicating possible bearing wear, wear not major but should be noted........
I only have 50,000 mi. on this truck and only had the by-pass filter since the last 13,500 mi.
I bought this system to extened my oil drains and save money and of course prevent wear. The best report that I have out of 4 reports was the first oil analysis (1992 miles) before installing the system.
I have prepaid for 24 oil analysis and bought 8 by-pass filters so needless to say I just can't chunk the thing till I use the filters up. Although I don't think the unit is responsible for the possible bearing wear I do think that I was misled into thinking that I could go 30 to 60 thousand miles on a oil change,save money and wear!

would like to know how long have you had this system, if you are also doing oil analysis and what results have you seen?

over and out
gseeders

Old 10-11-2002, 10:09 AM
Highway Prisoner
Junior User
Hey The Diesel Dude

gseeders,
I am surprised at Your experience so far with the Filter Solutions System. I have used one on a ISC Cummins for 275,000 miles with excellent results. The one on the PSD has been on for 60,000 miles with no problems. A friend has had one on his International 466E for almost 250,000 miles with no problem, He also uses Mobil Delvac1. The oil samples results are impressive, the engines are showing very little wear, much lower than normal, the soot levels etc are very low. I have a few questions, does the FS filter housing get very warm at normal operating temps, if not the oil is not flowing thru the filter, or the filter needs to changed, usually the first filter will require changing much sooner than normal. The system on a PSD filters the entire oil supply about 19 times per hour! Have You talked with Randy or Marlin at Filter Solutions about Your concerns, I know they would like to hear from You! One other concern, The testing Lab, I have been told, there are concerns with some testing Labs. I would take another sample, and try a different one if the FS system is working properly. I am sure You will be happy with the FS system, it has saved Me, and MY friend a lot of time, and money. I sure like to know Your findings, and what motor oil You are using.

Old 10-13-2002, 07:52 PM
gseeders
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey The Diesel Dude

Hey Highway Prisoner
I've been waiting to respond to your questions till I received another oil analysis back.
So it seems that this report is much better then the last! Oil okay for continued use.(same oil,but changed the filters). I guess the filter was clogged although every oil sample that I have taken,oil has been hot! Yes I feel the filter housing all the time but I guess now that's not always correct. I haven't call Randy or Marlin cuz I wasn't sure if it was the system or me. Looks like me at this point. I will start changing the filter sooner.
I use CTC Analytical Services out of Kansas City. I am going to call those folks Monday to see why the report show's 15 units of Barium.
I've been using rotella 15w40 since the truck was new and all of the previous reports show 0 units of Barium. strange !
Anyway Iam not so dissatisfied now,But now I am back to square one cuz I changed my oil when I got the bad report.
Thanks for the come back
over and out
gseeders

Old 10-13-2002, 09:20 PM
lou1f
New User
Hey The Diesel Dude