5.0 to a 4.6??? What's needed?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2004, 11:43 AM
BlackedOut 86
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 5.0 to a 4.6??? What's needed?

I had something go wrong w/ the 5.0 in my 86 Bronco. I may be able to come across a cheap 4.6 engine/tranny(I need the tranny too, that's shot)...
What I'm wondering is will the 4.6 fit w/ out MAJOR work being done to the truck. I wanna do this the cheapest and easiest way possible.
This will be my determining factor on keeping the truck, cuz I am sorta lookin for a newer pickup.
All info welcome...TIA

Old 04-17-2004, 07:49 PM
bhopper
Freshman User
i dont see it being a problem as long as u get the computer and wireing harness with the engin\tranny as far as size matters it should go in e-z enuff but im not real sure how the 4wd will play with the tranny

Old 04-18-2004, 09:22 AM
BlackedOut 86
Freshman User
Well, I have actually found the truck that I want to replace the Bronco. So if I can't sell it the way it sits now, then I will use it for trade in since the dealer said they'd take it. So I don't think I will be doin any kinda engine swap for it.

For those wondering what I found, it's a 97 Ram Sport reg cab, short box, 3 or 4" body lift on it, half gone 32's, headers and all new exhaust split after the cat (thats gone if I get the truck)...The truck does have a few minor problems that my g/f's dad found in just 10 min. of checkin the truck out, but its nothing too bad, just a few leaks and stuff. Maybe I can get the truck cheaper then, or they'll fix it Either way, hopefully I can get this truck, cuz I'm really missin the truck scene rite now...Hell, I'm missin the car scene as well since my GTP's fuel system took a dump on me almost a month ago
Alrite, enuff