New York Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: tiny1

I nominate..........

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 04:48 AM
cowlady
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up I nominate..........

..........Yeti! Did you guys see the newest announcement? We're supposed to elect a Chapter President. I have confidence in him so I say Yeti! Anyone else?

Old 04-06-2004, 02:47 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Works for me! We can hold club meetings at the lake!

Old 04-07-2004, 02:21 PM
Yeti
Post Fiend
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Oh Jeez Thanks... I nominate Cowlady!!!!

Old 04-07-2004, 03:39 PM
cowlady
Elder User
Aw, c'mon Yeti - you're already our FEARLESS leader! Why do you think I named my truck after you - FEARLESS! J/K!!!!! I named him that BEFORE I knew you!
Don't you want the spot? Think of the fame, the glamour, the prestige, the POWER! Oh wait - you already have that as our moderator, dontcha! Ok - think of all the women you'd attract when you casually drop it in a conversation - "I'm the Pres of the NY Chapter @ FTE & my people love me" - it will make them swoon for sure! Swooning is a GOOD thing in case you didn't know it! LOL!

Old 04-07-2004, 03:45 PM
cowlady
Elder User
Okay - we seriously need to do this. I guess it's up to Yeti to post a poll with the names of the nominees. NO FAIR YETI - you HAVE to include your name too! I'd say serious nominations only, right?

Old 04-08-2004, 10:16 PM
Yeti
Post Fiend
Ok,

The names I have to add are:

Cowlady
Yeti

I'll leave it up to you guys to throw some names in the hat::

Old 04-09-2004, 06:43 AM
cowlady
Elder User
Yeti, I thought you were kidding about nominating me! LOL! Okay but we need some others too like BigDawg54 or 1956MarkII - they're pretty active. Who else shows an investment of time or enthusiasm? Is there a list of NY members only? The general members list is pretty long to wade thru!

Old 04-09-2004, 08:31 AM
Yeti
Post Fiend
I was looking for a list, but I can't dig one up. I was just seeing who was most active here also.

So the "vote for" will include

Cowlady
BigDawg54
1956MarkII
Yeti

Unless they don't want it, or someone else gives us a name, I will make a poll in the next couple days...

Old 04-09-2004, 09:41 AM
hisjr
Senior User
when will the vote take place and for how long.

Old 04-09-2004, 11:02 AM
cowlady
Elder User
FTE is implementing group functions for the Regional Chapters. Each Chapter will have a Group associated with it and a Chapter Leader.
FTE is implementing group functions for the Regional Chapters. Each Chapter will have a Group associated with it and a Chapter Leader.

For instance, there will be a Texas Chapter Group. You'll be able to see a list of all Texas Chapter members in this group using the "Members List" item on the forums top menu bar. Additionally, whenever you view a user's profile you'll see a list of groups he/she belongs to.

Chapter Leaders will be able to send invitations to others to join their group, accept new join requests, remove requests, etc. Each group will have it's own Gallery with albums that the leader can manage. Additionally, each group has its own Events Calendar separate from the main Events Calendar. The Chapter Leader will function as a president of sorts, and will be responsible for encouraging growth and activity in his/her section.

Each Chapter needs to start discussing nominations for its Chapter Leader. I strongly urge each region to consider the current Chapter Moderator for inclusion in their list of nominations. Moderators will be overseeing nomination discussions and placing a poll in the forum when the group is ready for elections.
Okay - I'm confused. Is EVERY Chapter supposed to nominate a leader or just the reigonal ones where there are several states combined into 1?

As for how long the vote will last I'd say Yeti should decide. I don't imagine it will go on too long but he knows best. It will probably depend on how much interest is generated as well but I'm just guesing here.

Old 04-09-2004, 11:39 AM
hisjr
Senior User
maybe a search should be done for NY members and then we can send out invites for a vote. some members dont have the time to view the forum everyday so maybe we can send an email about a couple of weeks before the vote so we get the best response.

Old 04-09-2004, 02:37 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wait a minute-

I certainly appreciate you guys thinking of me, but there's just NO WAY I've got the time for something like this. Between the New Buyer's forum, the FTE Purchase Program, Internet Manager here at work, and trying to get another club ready for an upcoming national convention in Buffalo, there ain't enough hours in a day NOW! Please take my name off that list, but I do appreciate you all thinking of me.

Yeti, back to you in the studio..........

Old 04-09-2004, 03:09 PM
hisjr
Senior User
boy he's lazy, lol. j/k

Old 04-09-2004, 08:49 PM
Yeti
Post Fiend
Hm...

How bout this.....is there anybody who would like this postition?

Post your name, and by Wednesday April 14, I will set up a vote, and it will run till Sunday the 18th.

Old 04-10-2004, 12:26 PM
cowlady
Elder User
Can it be nobody wants the spot or is everyone just out enjoying the break from snow & cold? I'm getting a bit concerned - I know we have active members here, don't we?
I'd take the spot if nobody else wants it only because I think it's important to fill it. I don't know I'd be the best for it though.
C'mon guys - let's get this Chapter moving. I see other states are already working on a Leader for their Chapters. We don't want to be the only state w/o 1 do we?
Yeti - I'd be happy to draft a letter to be sent to all NY members so if you find the list you can email them & stir things up a bit. Let me know if you want that, ok?

Quick Reply: I nominate..........